Author Topic: Authorization for the FF7 Remake forum  (Read 54476 times)

J*** H*******

Authorization for the FF7 Remake forum
« Reply #50 on: 2001-05-10 21:03:00 »
Message.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2001-05-10 23:14:00 »
If they close down the site I'm sure one of us could redo it with board etc

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #52 on: 2001-05-11 01:19:00 »
yeah we could all meet up in another forum  :) Oh and by the way for the ff7 remake.. i am pretty good with photoshop.. adobe 5.5 getting 6.0 sometime.. n e way i am not an artist but if you need image touch ups i can do that.. although i dont know how well they would transfer through e-mail and hotmail has an account limit i think if your interested send me some info and i will try at
[email protected]

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2001-05-11 02:52:00 »
Knowing my luck it would be on a board you are all members of already and im not  :(

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2001-05-11 03:11:00 »
Goo dpoint Cadberry. We will need artists. We arent going to be able to get by with only the back grounds in FFVII. I will hopefully talk to that good drwing freind of mine this week end. I will ask him about it.
We may want to try and get ahold of several . He will have to do it on paper and have me scan it in....bit of a pain.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2001-05-11 10:15:00 »
yeah it would be.. then you have to worry about the size of the picture. and quality loss through e-mail.. but we could try it and if it turns out decently then great  :) if not then hell it was probably worth a try...

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2001-05-11 11:55:00 »
well caddbery, why dont u give us a sample?
fire up cosmo, open up a level, go to background editor, then save it as a BMP, then fire away do what u like to it, then email it to me at:
[email protected]
then ill put it up for the other members to see..

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2001-05-11 20:38:00 »
im ok at computer art. i cant draw backgrounds straight off, but if Sir Canealot's friend draws them then he scans them in and sends them to me, i could maybe touch them up and make it more computery instead of pencil sketches. but im no real artist, i couldnt draw a background from scratch. could someone send me a background from FF7 or something cos i dont have the Pc version so i cant use Cosmo. i feel like playing around on PSP.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2001-05-12 00:06:00 »
He said if he had the tools and the time he could do it. Perhaps he could try doing them really well in pencile then say you errr could colour them in in Psp? I think he will need to be motivated though. Might want to send him a few of my pattented christmas cards  :D

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2001-05-12 12:38:00 »
done and done....

oh btw.. i am sending it from my aol account... easier to send attachments.. the pics are in .jpg format in a zip file...

[This message has been edited by Caddberry (edited May 12, 2001).]

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2001-05-13 16:22:00 »
u sending to me? or errr? if its to me ill check 2moro morning

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2001-05-13 10:32:00 »
i sent it to you.. you should have it... um i think

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2001-05-13 11:33:00 »
cool, ill check today in the afternoon, and then ill put it up for the group members to see. ok? thnks

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2001-05-14 02:02:00 »
ok i got and checked it
but im disappointed, maybe its my fault?
let me point some stuff out to anyone willing to have a try at some ff7 background art:
the remake will require AT LEAST a resolution of 640*480, and we want a background to match (ie its not 320*240 as in FF7pc, its gotta be BIGGER)

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2001-05-14 21:08:00 »
PLEASE can someone send me a pic from Cosmo???

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2001-05-14 23:04:00 »
He are we in on the project? We dont have to be granted acces to the forum or any thing like that(though it would help to discuss ideas). If you have people working on the story now tell us who it is and grant us permission to work with them. I my self have some ideas already. Dont know about Abyss though. Im sure he will.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2001-05-14 23:25:00 »
When i did this all i did was re work an effect i could adjust it to 640*480 or whatever size you wanted... all i can really do is re-do effects or add effects to a back ground like what i sent you.. i am not really an artist but i can dress up a picture... there is no way i can make a background for ff7 from scratch ... i am not that kind of artist.. hell i dont even really consider myself an artist.. he he he.. i am a writer..  :)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2001-05-15 13:08:00 »
One sure way to get your pics looking better is to use layers.

Just copy the section you want to enhance by creating a new layer and start editing on to the layer itself. You can start by applying filters onto the layer. After that you can do some modifications to it using the rest of the tools usually provided with graphic editing software. This is a pretty slow process, but you can get good results if you spend enough time of effort on the pics.

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2001-05-15 20:53:00 »
oh well, i guess im not gonna get those pics then. but for an example of skill, do you want us to like select a building in a pic and make a new layer with it. then play around with it and make the building look completely different, then send it to you with the old and new versions? im in the same position as you Caddberry, im no artist but i can draw an extra building in a scene or something.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2001-05-16 08:35:00 »
its kinda crazy photo editing is well it seems easy but its not.. take a scene from ff7 any i mean any back ground pic in there really doesnt need to be fixed all that much unless you want to change the story's plot around to match something else.. i wouldnt even want to try to add a building to something else ... a door would be kinda easy.. see i use photoshop 5.5 and you could basically use the rubber stamper and just brush it over.. or just copy and layer it.. and yes thank the Gods for layers.. he he he.. but to add a building and get the shading and everything perfect would take atleast me quite awhile because you cant have it lookin all lame that would suck ass..

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2001-05-16 20:31:00 »
yeah, the shading would be hard but if you put the time and effort into it you can make something better than you'd expect. ive done stuff and they looked pretty good, only i dont know where they are now, somewhere in my trashy My Documents folder. i wonder if those pics'll ever come.......*hint* *hint*  :D

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2001-05-17 20:41:00 »
hey, what about music? im gonna get this program in a sec to make really good songs, so i could use certain instruments to make midi songs for your Remake. im a musician in real life so i'd like to write songs for it. if i make a wee song, could i send it to you to have a look?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2001-05-17 21:03:00 »
Eerrrr you can try but I dont think you can do any thing up to the Genies of the music from FFVII. Sorry I just cant imagine any other type of music fiting into the game. You would have to be pretty damn good for it to work.

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #73 on: 2001-05-17 22:54:00 »
You're always welcome to contribute music to http://www.legacy-ovwp.org" TARGET=_blank>www.legacy-ovwp.org  though.

Anonymous

« Reply #74 on: 2001-05-18 01:27:00 »
Wazzap,  I have been visiting this website and reading the message board from a long time (by the time this message forum was made).  I am actually registered, but I forgot my password(If Qhimm could read this, please send me my password please).  I rarely post messages or replies, but I have kept track of what has been going on.  I am curious on the FF7 project.  I am starting to learn C++, but I wont be able to be of much use until I learn to program well.  Although, I am good at story making.  I usually make science fiction stories to my self, but if it comes to making a Final Fantasy story I would definately go for it.  I have been a Final Fantasy fan for years, Played all final fantasy games, except for final fantasy tactics and final fantasy 9(my laptop can't read playstation games when I use an emulator, and I don't have a playstation).  Anyways,  If help is what you are looking for, I could be of some help in the making of the story.  I will come back, and see if there is any response to this reply.