Author Topic: Time to come clean  (Read 7697 times)

Qhimm copycat

• View Profile
Time to come clean
« on: 2009-07-01 00:55:30 »
There once was a boy who impersonated Quimm today.  I'm not sayin' it's me, but lets just say that this boy was trying to get banned because he knew he was going to move next week (and get a new IP address so the spamming cycle could continue).

Jari

Re: Time to come clean
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-01 00:58:46 »
Moving to get a new IP?

Such drastic measures. :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-01 01:36:44 »
I'm going to guess either Salk.. or the less likely Koral

Chocobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-01 01:38:51 »
Or Seifer?

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-01 01:47:41 »
I think all three would be very unlikely, to be honest.

I believe this to be from further back. Few possibilities, some that have done this before.

Most likely this is not connected to recent events in any way; May, June, July and August has always been trollseason here.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-01 01:51:55 »
I'm not old enough to remember before that.  Those were the only two to type "Quimm" that I knew of

Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-01 01:55:23 »
Him, or pretending to be him. Check his style of writing. It's just that I don't remember who that really was.

In any case, pretty big chip on his shoulder, to come back after four years, if it really is him.

EDIT: OK, I'm pretty sure that I remember now who was behind that nick. Not entirely, and I'd have to check old logs - all kinds of logs - to know for sure. So, can't be arsed, but to our nice troll; I think I know who you are. :-D

EDIT2: Aaaaand, here's your answer. With... let's say, with some certainty. Depending on whether this person was emulating his way of writing on purpose, or by accident.

Anyway, just in case; Hi RPG! :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-07-01 02:19:57 by El Ammo Bandito! »

Qhimm copycat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-01 03:22:18 »
Wait a minute...  Are you trying to say that I am RPG?  Who is that?  I know of no such person.

Jari

« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-01 03:32:52 »
Quite a coincidence, that, all things considered. :-D

You probably went to same school, where they taught you the same colloquialisms and same habits, then. :-D ...and equally failed to educate you that this kind of a thing is a fairly stupid idea. Much like trying to hack into a password protected directory, and failing to get even the username right, even though all one had to do was copy and paste. :-P

But indeed, maybe such a coincidence is possible. In that case I feel sorry. For both of you. It must not be easy to be so stupid. :-P

Qhimm copycat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-01 03:38:16 »
Okay, okay.  You caught me.  That is, you caught the scapegoat of RPG, Qatev.  Do you remember how RPG blamed his actions on an innocent (yes, I still maintain that I was innocent), user in order to protect himself from permanent banishment?  Well, the great Qatev has struck again.  What I find very odd is that you were able to connect me with RPGillespie, even though we are two separate people.  Given, we are related, but I fancy myself to be a much different writer that RPG.

Sightless_Seer

« Reply #10 on: 2009-07-01 03:45:08 »
hey Qhimrn   no  double posting
:P

Qhimm copycat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-07-01 03:46:14 »
I don't know what you are talking about.  I would never double post.

One last thing before I receive my just desserts from the great, omniscient and omnipotent Qhimm.  You can ban me all you want, but I am going to move and get a new IP address.  Someday in the future, I will strike again, and next time I will disguise my style of writing so well that nobody will have a clue who the perpetrator is.

Jari

« Reply #12 on: 2009-07-01 03:49:37 »
Yeah, well, this kinda helps with connecting you to RPG - if you indeed are two different people (I have my suspicions):

Are you really an RPGillespie hater? I mean I know the Admin imposter thing was really, really, bad, but other than that what did I do?

...it's from the thread I linked to.

Someday in the future, I will strike again, and next time I will disguise my style of writing so well that nobody will have a clue who the perpetrator is.

It's been tried. Didn't work. Trust me.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-01 03:51:40 by El Ammo Bandito! »

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #13 on: 2009-07-01 04:12:25 »
Sigh, you seriously have nothing better to do with your time? It's only been what, four years?

Now scram off, some of us actually have a life and I don't particularly enjoy spending it coming here and cleaning up the mess left by some deranged kid. What's the matter, parents couldn't afford a psychiatrist for you?

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-07-02 06:37:05 »
QHIMM!!! :-o

Hey!  :-D

Silvers

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-07-05 04:42:08 »
A WILD QHIMM APPEARS.

POKEBALL, GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Anyway, what's the point of the spamming by this person who wants to get banned, but then feels so assured that just because they're moving once, they won't get ip banned again? I mean, really.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-07-05 05:20:30 »
I moved my computer from my bedroom to the family room today. Does that count?

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-07-09 23:22:59 »
Qhimm is cool, i like his hair