Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008051 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Any time the French and Germans agree on anything, best not get in their way  :mrgreen:
We are like cats and dogs. There is a saying I heard somewhere: you must love the French to like them and you must like the German to love them.

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
We are not agreeing. Look they spell it with one “r”. And we with two. 😉

Seriously though, I just mentioned what was the translation in French(nothing more). Honestly, I am not sure how much it should influence you Dan. The original translation of FF7 in French was not very good either. I don’t have any hard fact / good evidence that support Tomb or Tonb.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
On the basis of likelihood, it is tombe- 

It's a lot more likely than ton-  but the problem is we have absolutely no evidence other than the kana erring more to tombe- and the reference to tomb/grave which would fit the enemy.  Certainly, tonberry means zero.  But - it's always possible the original author loved berries.. a ton of them lmao.  I mean... without the original ff5 author telling us, all we have is likelihoods.  Sometimes, those likelihoods become almost certainties based on evidence.

Ashpey

• View Profile
Would it be possible that it was first intended as a "Tomb Bury" , as in a very bad attempt at "Gravedigger" ?

They clearly are linked to death, and their knife might the embalmer's knife/tools. I seem to recall they are also using coffins in their attacks but I can't remember where that idea comes from.

Anyway just my two cents while awaiting the release ^^

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Said this on discord but...  Lydon for the Turks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM

Although this one is more apt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

benjaminw6633

• View Profile
The second one would also be the perfect end to a Brexit party on the night we finally leave the EU (whenever that might be)

OneTrueGod

• View Profile
R06 is now over a month late with no tangible release date in sight. Let's see if we get it before Christmas!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The second one would also be the perfect end to a Brexit party on the night we finally leave the EU (whenever that might be)

If we leave.  The left are doing everything in their power to subvert democracy and make sure it doesn't happen.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
God speed your recovery DLPB

A serious bug cropped up yesterday that causes game crashes in aali dll build I have.  Disabling the function entirely seems to work but my guess is this will cause some sort of disaster at some point.  Hopefully Maki / Luksy can have a look into it.  Any case, I haven't been able to crash the game after I removed it.

Would it be possible that it was first intended as a "Tomb Bury" , as in a very bad attempt at "Gravedigger" ?

They clearly are linked to death, and their knife might the embalmer's knife/tools. I seem to recall they are also using coffins in their attacks but I can't remember where that idea comes from.

Anyway just my two cents while awaiting the release ^^

Oh now that's clever...  I'll run it by Luksy.  Even if not, it's a great coincidence.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-02 14:38:02 by DLPB »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
If we leave.  The left are doing everything in their power to subvert democracy and make sure it doesn't happen.
From this side of the pond, it looked more as if the 'Leave' crew was spreading all sorts of BS, while "Remain" counted on people to be smarter than to fall for it.

Rather like the sorry situation we have ourselves, really... :(

basmith7

• View Profile
Any timeline? Post has been "imminent" since 10/28.

JabbaJabba

• View Profile
R06 is now over a month late with no tangible release date in sight. Let's see if we get it before Christmas!

Given that the release statement has now been set to "VERY soon", I highly doubt that it'll take that long, even though I know you're just being sarcastically hyperbolic. Personally, I just wish that that the release statement wasn't as ambiguous as "very soon". Even if an exact date wasn't specified, wouldn't it be better to give a general time frame? Maybe within the next week? By the end of next month?

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: 2019-11-03 11:44:56 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:35:53 by Lorath »

Mabinog

• View Profile
The focus is currently on squashing the newly-arisen bugs and waiting for Kal's Cloud model right? Is that all or is there more to do still?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Kal's fixed his side.  Maki is dealing with the aali dll issue for me - audio cuts out slightly in movies and the game crash issue.  I can disable that function entirely... but it's a bit like randomly yanking out an organ and hoping the body doesn't die at some point.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Thus I haven't been issuing warnings or bans because I have too much personal stake in multiple of the people involved with this mess to remain impartial. But this has gotten way out of hand.

Keep posts in this thread on-topic, about Reunion and without personal attacks, or get +30 warn level. I don't care who you are, I don't care who you're attacking, and I don't care if you're entirely justified. It stops now. ~Covarr

kbraman3347

• View Profile
The Tonberry discussion has been very interesting to this lurker! All this time I thought the name was intended ironically, playing on the idea of a berry implying something cute (at least until it shanks you....). 

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: 2019-11-05 19:14:57 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:36:05 by Lorath »

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
I'm probably being blind, but is there a link for the Beacause translations "known issues"? Got two that I think are valid but want to check first.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
I'm probably being blind, but is there a link for the Beacause translations "known issues"? Got two that I think are valid but want to check first.
Check out the database DLPB publishes via Google Docs.  If it's in a "I'm willing to discuss this" color, post it up here (or on discord) and watch the magic happen :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm not taking any recommendations regarding dialogue - apart from Caledor, Luksy, Covarr, Green_Goblin, and Charlie Beer.  And that will end with R07 as well.

With non dialogue, as Lord says above - it's down to if an entry is green or red.  All other entries are finalized.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Update:

We have a serious bug in the movie module that is causing a crash. When this is repaired, The Reunion will finally be released.

Mabinog

• View Profile
Thanks for the update.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've fixed the bug....  but i want Maki to give this a good look. My C skills suck and more so my ffmpeg knowledge.  But i think this one ive fixed was the root cause.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-08 02:14:14 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I also realized what was causing the frame rate issues I was having.  Aero.  So, Ive added a check to disable Aero on game start and reenable on finish.  That - along with also giving ff7 "above normal" priority.

Should I make the former optional?