Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079279 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.6s)
« Reply #1850 on: 2017-06-28 10:05:15 »
The steal/morph is 90%+(ish) the same as original game. Sadly I have no list. If you used my patcher you could use ProudClod as a bestiary.

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2017-06-28 19:55:27 »
Thank you for the info :)

Guess ill check it

Leeloo

« Reply #1852 on: 2017-07-17 12:05:24 »
-
« Last Edit: 2018-05-18 01:09:05 by Leeloo »

Balgias

• View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 2017-11-21 03:57:51 »
I can't even get your patcher to find my steam install version of the game that has been treated with 7nth heaven. It also can't locate my raw, clean steam install.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-21 06:16:19 by Balgias »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1854 on: 2017-11-22 04:15:33 »
I can't even get your patcher to find my steam install version of the game that has been treated with 7nth heaven. It also can't locate my raw, clean steam install.

That's probably because the game converter used with 7H will change registry locations after its use. It's meant to make your computer think you have the original copy installed, which had to be done for compatibility with certain mods. Try selecting the other option in the HC mod installer. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head (1997/Original Copy?).

But, if you're using 7H, why use this installer? It's already an option to select from the Catalog.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1855 on: 2017-11-24 16:27:42 »
Is this mod balanced around the idea that people are going to use the w-item dublication glitch or does that make any difference anyway?

No, you should be able to beat the game without, but I don't consider it cheating if you replace grinding items by exploiting the glitch. If you can grind items in an efficient way, just use w-item to save time.
The only boss that assumes you have maxed everything is the super-cheap mega boss of this mod. See screencap in 1st post.

See answer above. Select the original (1997/8) option.

Why you want to run this patch with 7H? It's already included in 7H.

Balgias

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2017-11-25 05:48:59 »

Why you want to run this patch with 7H? It's already included in 7H.

AAAAaaaa

what the heck is it called in the 7h installer?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1857 on: 2017-11-27 09:34:45 »
Download the Gameplay and Difficulty category, Activate, Configure to use Hardcore Mod.

Balgias

• View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2017-11-27 10:51:25 »
It seems that the ultimate weapons for the various characters have been modified somewhat? I'm using this mod alongside ro5, conformer has like 14 damage, and vincents death penalty is at 42 damage despite him having around 5000 kills?

And what's the deal with heals missing more and more often?

Also is the "recovery" adamantai gets from his own break hitting him healing him back up to FULL? His mana as well?

I killed adamantai before my post got moderator approved- with lvl62 cloud, heavens cloud, reflect ring, MANS armlet, gravaga+hp absorb, and a mix of casting magic hammer and white wind to heal as any other heal needs a potion or reflectable spell. Break is the spell that needs to miss you, it takes a while but once he starts healing himself you have to brave the prospect of spamming the small self heals you get from hitting him with gravaga in order to constantly deal 9999 damage until his ai breaks the chain of self healing/lightshell spam attacks with a forced cast of elemental chain that will almost most certainly kill him with the reflected damage.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-27 14:58:22 by Balgias »

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2017-11-27 11:32:17 »
This mod is awsome.

Is this mod compatible with the psx version ?? Maybe using CDMage in order to replace Kernel.bin and Scene.bin or this can cause crashes in the game ??

Balgias

• View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 2017-11-28 04:12:58 »
As far as aita goes any encounter that has a HIGH RNG component of an unblockable i-win button is just bad, sorry joe. This fight is trashy and annoying  >:( >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

I did manage although to kill him in about 2 minutes after optimizing my crap, BUT STILL DAMN HE WOULD KNOCK OUT VINCENT EVERY TIME I TRANSFORM HIM.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-28 04:19:44 by Balgias »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1861 on: 2017-11-30 00:03:17 »
This mod is awsome.

Is this mod compatible with the psx version ?? Maybe using CDMage in order to replace Kernel.bin and Scene.bin or this can cause crashes in the game ??

Not without some work, no. The problem is the new enemies with new battle models. As far as I know the models are not compatible. I suspect if you, for instance, only use the kernel and scene (saw your PM), whenever the game encounters a new battle model, it will crash.

It seems that the ultimate weapons for the various characters have been modified somewhat? I'm using this mod alongside ro5, conformer has like 14 damage, and vincents death penalty is at 42 damage despite him having around 5000 kills?

And what's the deal with heals missing more and more often?

Something is wrong if that damage is consistently low. Was it against an enemy with high defense? What is ro5? I'm guessing it's the re-translate mod. if you use the installer then install the re-translation first, then use my patch after. Else things may get messed up. Also, if you apply the patches, then load a save that was used without the mods, things will be a bit messy.

Healing spells has a 120% hit rate. If your magic evasion is high, they will eventually miss. If equipped with a mystile, don't rely on healing magic.

As far as aita goes any encounter that has a HIGH RNG component of an unblockable i-win button is just bad, sorry joe. This fight is trashy and annoying  >:( >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Yes, well, I admit there is a bit too much rng things i this mod. If you get frustrated about that just wait lol, some fight are much harder. In hindsight I would have done things differently. That particular attack has a < 16% chance of happening. When I fight him he maybe use it once a fight, if at all. He has never spammed it against me. But I've seen vids on youtube where he spams it over and over again. That is unlucky; the rngods aren't kind. If that happens try getting in an encounter, do 1 attack, escape, save, then do the fight again. It'll hopefully scramble the rng in your favor.

People really don't like getting their characters expulsed from battle. Apparently it's a grave sin haha! I understand, and agree from a game-design perspective. To my defense: It's called "hardcore" for a reason. It's not an attempt to "fix" the difficulty, as I've heard several people explain it as.

Mr Cochlear

• View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 2018-01-22 16:46:11 »
Hello.

First of all, Thank you for your hard work on this awesome mod!  I never have so much frustrated playing with your mod since I played this FF7, 20 years ago!  :-D

Okay, I want to report a little bug, so, sorry if this already report. 

I am on disk 3 and am in Battle Square, I use Red XIII, I used 4 hero drink in the first round, then to third rounds, on seconds slot it stops at "weapon broke". I used 4x attack on these, a big red blob with many eyes monster.  One hit and that it!  It stops but the background music and animation are still ongoing, Red is just standing there right next to that monsters thing.  I'd waited like 5mins and it still the same so I have to reset, cost me 19k battle points =(  I'd tried again to double check before I report but I haven't come across this again (Weapon broke and the same monster again) for last hours or so.

Oh and I use this mod, The Reunion, for this "Beacause" and this mod of yours.  Nothing else.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1863 on: 2018-01-25 09:27:51 »
...I'd tried again to double check before I report but I haven't come across this again (Weapon broke and the same monster again) for last hours or so.

Oh and I use this mod, The Reunion, for this "Beacause" and this mod of yours.  Nothing else.

Just to confirm: it happened only once? I'll take a look at the AI of those monsters. The "Beacause" mod shouldn't interfere with this at all.

Mr Cochlear

• View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: 2018-01-28 16:19:24 »
Yes, it happened once.  I had spent last couple days doing battle square try to find it again, plus gather BP as well and I still haven't come across that :(

Speaking of the battle square, this mobs "Synergy Souls" is DRIVING ME MAD!!!!  How can you kill that thing?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1865 on: 2018-01-28 20:45:16 »
That enemy kinda sucks, it's actually mistake that it is in the battle square.
Avoid having max HP as it will shamelessly 1 hit you at random. To make it worse, if your HP is not full, it will randomly fully heal you. Best option is to use the ? ? ? ? mark ability to swiftly deal 2000 damage (or was it 4000, can't remeber). Then you kill it in 1 hit.

And the battle square is probably the worst part of this mod. I didn't plan ahead when adjusting the enemies. That wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't' for the fact that all the stats for the enemies are boosted further in the battle square. Iirc all enemies gets HP doubled; STR and magic +50%.

Mr Cochlear

• View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 2018-01-29 13:15:55 »
Ha!  It works!  Never thought about using that!  And what more, it heals me after I kill it (over 5000hp when i kill it)!  Thank very much, I better be careful not to lose the command materia.

Still, there another 2 more mobs that you didn't plan ahead for battle square.  Cheetah and Griever.  Them two can knock you out the fight =/

Anyway, thank you very much.  Now I go back to the battle square and scream my head off again!

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: 2018-01-29 21:18:23 »
I’ve been enjoying this mod since the first time I’ve installed it, like 6-7 years ago?

I was wondering if some serious updates happened since then ? :)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1868 on: 2018-02-05 18:19:27 »
...Still, there another 2 more mobs that you didn't plan ahead for battle square.  Cheetah and Griever.  Them two can knock you out the fight =/

The cheetah type enemy only does that as a counter. It should be easy enough to 1hit KO, so avoid hitting it unless it's for the kill.
The other enemy, iirc, uses it randomly early in the fight. Hmmm, I cant remember that one being in the battle square to be honest :P.

@samourai23
If I'm not mistaken, the endgame should be somewhat tougher. Still I think it's fair to say the experience is pretty much the same.

KittyJaws

• Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: 2018-02-27 05:36:07 »
I have a question. I have new threat installed but i beat it and want to die alot more so i want to down load this. If i copy the ff7 folder and paste it somewhere else will it backup my saves so i can delete local data and start over with this mod, or not. I want to be able to return to my old new threat mod save if i ever feel so inclined, but i also want to try out this mod

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1870 on: 2018-02-28 09:33:21 »
It depends if on what version you use.
In the original PC version that would work, but on the new steam version the saves are located in:
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_<id>

But having backup of the entire ff7 folder is nice if you quickly want to switch between mods and are unsure how (and don't use any mod managers).

terrabrake

• View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 2018-03-11 18:31:24 »
I'm enjoying this mod again after a few years and now I'm playing withh the Steam version.

However I encountered two bosses with no boss music and I wonder if that was intended. The first one is the boss you encounter with Sephirot with you (Cloud telling the others about the journey on Nibelheim), the second is the Choco boss to gain the Choco materia.

I don't remember any particular problem installing teh patch but maybe something went wrong.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1872 on: 2018-03-13 07:53:30 »
It's not intentional pr se. more due to lazyness. To be honest I cant recall exactly what I was thinking. But those should be the only ones.

terrabrake

• View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 2018-03-13 12:19:46 »
Well glad nothing is wrong with my game then.

To be honest, about the battle on Nibelheim with no music, it just adds to the atmosphere on that particular situation in my opinion, so no problem at all.

KittyJaws

• Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 2018-03-14 06:05:57 »
Hi, i've been playing the mod and i checked on black chocobo and cloud currently has 270 kills, yet is stuck with his level one limit breaks. Have you changed the amount of kills it takes for cloud to get a limit level up, or have i broken cloud?