Author Topic: Does anyone know how to change enemy attacks?  (Read 6429 times)

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
Does anyone know how to change enemy attacks?
« on: 2009-08-08 16:45:26 »
Okay, i was generally messing around with a few enemies, but whenver i try to change the attack a enemy has, it either does nothing or hang.

for instance, i want to either add matra magic as a new attack or replace electro mag rod in the reno battles, but i don't really know what exactly i'm meant to do in order to change reno's attack into matra magic.

or change rapps attacks to be more suiting to this monster change i did.

(idea used from someone who 'suggested' it in a different topic)

i can change aero3 to be fire elemental, but i want it to use attacks like fire 3, flare, etc.

so, does anyone know what is needed in order to change the attacks enemies use?

note: i did look around, but i never found anything 'concrete' that seemed to work.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know how to change enemy attacks?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-08 16:50:10 »
I do, first you need to replace the attack data used,then you need to edit the AI to use that attack with the ID which can be found in scenester
Now i have a question, is that the pc version or psx version if its the psx version please tell me how you got a summon model to be an enemy? thanks.

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-08 16:53:09 »
so, the main tool needed to change attacks is screenster?

as for what it is, its the PC, i'm a PC mod maker. :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-08 16:58:27 »
Proud Clod is now by far the best tool to use for editing enemy attacks; it can do just about everything.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-08 17:03:56 by Kudistos Megistos »

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-08 17:43:22 »
Okay, so if i understand it enough...

I need to change the attack data used
(by changing '64 3f 00 FF 00 00 90 00 0F 01 0F 01 03 FF 11 18 FF 06 FF FF 00 00 00 02 04 00 FF FF' (Electro-Mag Rod)
into '64 FF 02 FF 08 00 FF FF 9F 00 9F 00 07 0A 22 0B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 FF FD' (Matra Magic) )

then i need to go into the scene with reno and go into his ai and tell him to use the 52 attackID <matra magic> instead os the 163 attackID (electro mag rod)

and then he should hopefully use matra magic?

if i went wrong somewhere, tell me where and what i should do instead? :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-08 20:10:54 »
Something like that, although Proud Clod makes it much easier to change the attack data. Also, there are a couple of other things in the scene file that you have to change. You have to change the attack ID (to the right of the "edit AI" box) and you also have to change the enemy attack IDs at 0x0048 of the enemy data section. I can't remember whether you can do this with any programs, so you might actually have to use a hex editor for this.

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-08-08 20:34:02 »
Okay...

I opened up the scene bin using proud clod,
then i went into the AI section of the first reno fight,
then i went into main, then i changed all mentions of 0163 to 0052,
then i used one of the 'free' slots to fill in all the details of matra magic detail for detail
then i assigned that instead of electro mag rod in the attack/formation tab
Then I told it to use his 'spell casting' animation <what he does for pyramid>
then i saved
opened hojo and changed reno's Mp to 1000 so that he could 'afford' to cast matra magic (and changed the name of the empty slot to matra magic)

i test it ingame and, he still uses electro mag rod, buut, the camera angle is what matra magic's supposed to be, but then cloud 'dies' and loses all his MP before being completed restored and still in the dead position.

what did i do wrong that time?

and i think <although not sure> that i changd the enemy data section using proud clod, but i can open it using windhex and have a look.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-08-08 20:46:40 »
I'll have a look at this in detail tomorrow, but in the meantime I think you should just replace Electro-mag Rod with Matra magic (since you won't be using the former any more).

Also, you have to decompress the scene.bin with scenereader before you can edit it with a hex editor.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-08-09 15:48:00 »
(idea used from someone who 'suggested' it in a different topic)

Was that me, by any chance?

What you're doing doesn't sound difficult... but I'll go try it now so that I can talk.

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-08-09 15:55:36 »
...Was it you? I don;'t really remember who does what unless they have a avatar, otherwise the name of people who say things isnt always remembered by me.

Although the 'better' method ended up being going into the scene data with windhex and changing the code for electro Mag rod with matra magic, then all that was 'left' for me to do was to change the camera angle as every other aspect of electro mag rod was changed to matra magic.

...although the only thing left for me to do was probably just something i forgot to do as Reno dealt the correct damage for matra magic, the camera angle changed, everyone was hit, but he did the animation for electro mag rod, but for now, i can just move onto something else and come back to that later.

(although i did successfully change Rapps's attacks to be suiting to the phoenix, gave him flare, firaga and another 'generic' attack by tampering with his AI)