Author Topic: FF7 for PS3 CONFIRMED!  (Read 5286 times)

Jari

FF7 for PS3 CONFIRMED!
« on: 2007-09-13 20:18:51 »
READ!

Ok, not really. Sorry, sorry. :-D

Just too good chance to advertise SDF. For great lulz, you see. :)

You know, it has taken me a really long time to make up my mind on whether it is a parody or not, but I'm starting to believe that it is. If it was about anything other than a games console, it would be obvious, but if you for example read the comments on PS3 Fanboy for a while, you'll start to believe that there really are people who might set up such a site. And not as a parody, either.

Synergy Blades

Re: FF7 for PS3 CONFIRMED!
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-13 20:36:10 »
Apparently it comes from the end of Crisis Core, where it says (on the second run-through) "to be continued in FINAL FANTASY VII", along with the E3 tech demo. Though I suspect it's just connecting the end of that game with the start of the PS1 version, for those who go out and buy that. That along with "the best yet to come" comment from some at SE.

Anyway, even though some of the original people from VII have expressed interest in a PS3 remake, they're tied up with XIII at the moment. Maybe when that's over, we'll see something. It would be cool mind you, and would shift the console by the bucket load in Japan... but ending the war even if it were true, com'on.  :roll:
« Last Edit: 2007-09-13 20:40:02 by Synergy Blades »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-14 00:13:05 »
LOL I knew it was suspect when I saw the poster :P, but hey I'm looking forward to getting crisis core when it's released coz unlike crysis I don't have to fork out 2+ grand for a new comp to run it ( but I am anyway XD), and as I see it it's not so much a if as more of a when. I have no doubt that it will get remade BUT! it could be a year from now it could be ten years from now nobody knows, but after watching the interview with Nomura he said "maybe" once every other project is completed and they have more time it MIGHT happen.
Other than that though I lol at the sonydefense force very nice :P.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-14 00:30:09 »
You know, it has taken me a really long time to make up my mind on whether it is a parody or not, but I'm starting to believe that it is.

I take it that you don't read penny-arcade? They've been paying it out for a while now & doing there comics in a similar raving lunatic fanboy style... i don't think many people got it, so these two of their more recent ones were more direct.

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-14 07:55:33 »
Not regularly, no. :) I did happen to check it after I posted, and was rather amused to see it mentioned.

Actually, a quote from Gabe:

I've gotten some mail about the Sony Defense Force site we mentioned in the strip today. Most people seem to want to know if it's a joke or not. I am of the opinion that it is. I'm not sure about Tycho but I think it's 100% fake. Stuff like the Lair review and their spin on the video of Halo 3 running on a PS3 demo station just can't be real. I think the guy running the site and making the articles is a genius. He's pulling in all kinds of traffic with an incredible parody and best of all, he even has people in his forums who think the whole thing is real. My guess is, in a couple weeks or maybe a month he'll drop the charade and reveal the whole thing was a gag. Maybe he can keep it going longer than that but I doubt it. I hope he can though because honestly it's fucking hilarious.

That's just it, the freaking site has been going for a year already (and it used to look rather different), so assuming that it turns out to be a parody, it has to be one of the most brilliant and long lasting parodies in the web. And unlike say... the Onion, it's always been written in a way that at least I can't be entirely sure whether it really is parody.

I certainly hope it's a parody, just for the author's sanity, if nothing else. :-D

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-14 12:45:24 »
You leg end!

I could kill you, but its just too funny. I was just writing a huge long email to my friend about how much a waste of money the puss3 is, and even if they remade FFVII I would still not buy it! But when I seen this post I near filled my togs, I have never felt so damn exicited, then angry, then vengeful, then laughed at how stupid I can be.

Oh man, a remake of FFVII would end this console war SO HARD! And then, when it was done ending the Console War, it would go on to single-handedly end the War on Terror, the War on Drugs, and the War on Christmas! THAT IS HOW HARD IT WOULD ROCK!!

But seriously, if a remake of a 10 year old game is the last, best hope for the PS3, then this console war would indeed be over.

Hell, I call it as I see it, PS3 has lost, and even if they released it again I would just wait until the price drops. Its not like I havent played the game before (oh and ive started playing it again, ....  :-D ). This whole fanboyism is hilarious. We are the puppet people, puppet people, puppet people!

Sony Puss 3: 700 earth monies and your soul
Setting up a website that made my heart stop: Priceless

Legendary ;p

« Last Edit: 2007-09-14 13:09:10 by spyrojyros_tail »

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-14 17:10:46 »
Love the comic Kashmir!

Jari :-( Such a delusional TT...

Kashmir