Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4897728 times)

coredumperror

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9025 on: 2020-03-13 05:38:55 »
There seems to be a bug with the EXP requirement to reach Level 62.

https://imgur.com/yT1aPST

Note that Cloud just reached level 66, and needs just over 80k EXP to get to 67. Nanaki recently reached level 60, which seems to need about 60k EXP to get to 61. But Barret recently reached 61, and needs a whopping 300k EXP to get to 62.

What's going on, here? I noticed it when Cloud got to 61, as well, but didn't think to screenshot it.

EDIT: Another bug: The Blaster attack from Cuahls in Gaea's Cliff appears to be a "remove the character from battle" attack, but it doesn't visibly push them out. They sit there with their ATB bars not advancing, but otherwise appearing to be OK. They're definitely not there, though, since you can't give them items (if you target them with one, the item gets thrown to a character who is actually still there), and once the magic cat Blasters all 3 of your party, it's Game Over.

EDIT 2: Here's a weird one. Talking to the "dry goods vendor" in the Wirlwind Maze generates an MP Turbo materia in your inventory every time you shop with him. I've got like 6 of them now, after trying to figure out why a fresh one appeared at the end my list when I went to sell him my extra materia, despite Nanaki having been using that materia since I found it in Great Glacier.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-13 09:15:52 by coredumperror »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: 2020-03-13 10:59:58 »
I realize I shouldn't be trying the materia caves in disc two, but I'm trying the materia caves on disc two. I feel like I could do bomb king. The Omega fight just doesn't seem doable for me yet. And Kaktuar. How do I prevent his Succulent Ray? It doesn't seem to be confusion. Do I just need to kill that character and bring them back?

Edit: Goldberries and Bomb King down. Confirming they can be done immediately after obtaining the airship :D

I'll need to get back to you on that one, I don't have access to the files atm.

One thing to try is Dispel then Esuna; Resist sometimes gets used.

There seems to be a bug with the EXP requirement to reach Level 62.

https://imgur.com/yT1aPST

Note that Cloud just reached level 66, and needs just over 80k EXP to get to 67. Nanaki recently reached level 60, which seems to need about 60k EXP to get to 61. But Barret recently reached 61, and needs a whopping 300k EXP to get to 62.

What's going on, here? I noticed it when Cloud got to 61, as well, but didn't think to screenshot it.

EDIT: Another bug: The Blaster attack from Cuahls in Gaea's Cliff appears to be a "remove the character from battle" attack, but it doesn't visibly push them out. They sit there with their ATB bars not advancing, but otherwise appearing to be OK. They're definitely not there, though, since you can't give them items (if you target them with one, the item gets thrown to a character who is actually still there), and once the magic cat Blasters all 3 of your party, it's Game Over.

EDIT 2: Here's a weird one. Talking to the "dry goods vendor" in the Wirlwind Maze generates an MP Turbo materia in your inventory every time you shop with him. I've got like 6 of them now, after trying to figure out why a fresh one appeared at the end my list when I went to sell him my extra materia, despite Nanaki having been using that materia since I found it in Great Glacier.

There's a spike in EXP needed every 11 levels (11, 21, 31, 41); this is like a buffer so that players don't end up overlevelled as they're doing everything. Bosses and exponentially increasing EXP yield helps get past those spikes.

The Cuahls prob don't have FF03 set on their attack so I'll make sure to catch that.

Good catch on the dry goods merchant, I wasn't aware that was a thing and I don't think anyone's mentioned it. Must have snuck in on a script or I had it there as debug to add it for whatever reason.

kmrblue1027

• View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: 2020-03-13 20:17:05 »
Kaktuar needs manipulate protection but is at least in my opinion the easiest of the caves. The half MP status sucks but you just gotta burn him fast. mega-all is well worth it though. I do recommend getting Tifa out of the leadership slot for Cid or waiting til Cloud is back though. She's a little weak at that point I've found in comparison.

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: 2020-03-14 03:09:41 »
I just got into the final Sephiroth battle (solo Cloud). He just endlesly attacks (gravity based damage it seems) Cloud wihtout being able to do anything at all. I'm assuming it isn't normal.

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: 2020-03-14 03:55:08 »
Manipulate protection! I'm an idiot.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9030 on: 2020-03-14 11:56:25 »
I just got into the final Sephiroth battle (solo Cloud). He just endlesly attacks (gravity based damage it seems) Cloud wihtout being able to do anything at all. I'm assuming it isn't normal.

No, it's supposed to behave like vanilla where Cloud counter-attacks if he's attacked to end the battle. I'll need to check the Formation AI to see what's happened.

pearpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: 2020-03-14 17:32:11 »
I searched a few different things including this thread and youtube videos. Is Chekhov not morphable still? Proud Clod shows she has a Wizard Bracelet to morph and I'm starting to think this is a tease. Also, pagoda is hard. Should I not be approaching this before the Temple of the Ancients?

GoGoGadget

• View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: 2020-03-14 17:47:30 »
Hey, great mod but I've noticed I've had some issues.  I was wondering why the game was so difficult for me, but turns out Aeris did not come equipped with the Barrier materia, nor did Red XIII come equipped with the Enemy Skill materia.  The mod is working, because the equipment changes, script changes, new events, materia stat changes are all present...but I never seem to get the materia people are supposed to start with, or the one you're supposed to get in Kalm, I guess from Yuffie?  I got her, but all she had was Throw on her.  I have other mods installed through 7th Heaven, but I can't figure out what could have caused this specific conflict. 

By the way, is New Threat Vanilla combat all the script changes but no materia/equipment/enemy changes?

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: 2020-03-14 22:07:18 »
What does the Relic Ring do? I can't seem to find any information about this. It appears to provide +15 STR and +15 MAG, and immunity to regen and Manipulate, but... why? What is it supposed to be doing? Why would you want a character to wear it?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9034 on: 2020-03-14 23:47:24 »
Hey, great mod but I've noticed I've had some issues.  I was wondering why the game was so difficult for me, but turns out Aeris did not come equipped with the Barrier materia, nor did Red XIII come equipped with the Enemy Skill materia.  The mod is working, because the equipment changes, script changes, new events, materia stat changes are all present...but I never seem to get the materia people are supposed to start with, or the one you're supposed to get in Kalm, I guess from Yuffie?  I got her, but all she had was Throw on her.  I have other mods installed through 7th Heaven, but I can't figure out what could have caused this specific conflict. 

By the way, is New Threat Vanilla combat all the script changes but no materia/equipment/enemy changes?

Post your Profile Details so we can see what other mods and load order you’re running with it.

aawright

• View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: 2020-03-15 02:34:50 »
Hi again, I worked out earlier issues and am on the most current version, everything is where it is supposed to be for me. I am wondering about some materia combinations. I don't remember how the base game did it exactly, but there are issues combining Quadra mag+Master materia and equipping mega-all. Works like a charm for offensive spells but none of the buffs or heals i.e. haste, regen, and barrier. It does not proc the "all" on them for me, it just casts 4 times on a single random person. When selecting target it seems as if it is targeting all but then hits 1 person 4 times with the buff or heal. It makes renew very wonky as well, giving 100% health but in 25% increments to a single player (that i can't select because it acts like "all" when selecting target). I can't remember if it was like this in the vanilla game and may be too much to ask for the combination to be that convenient. Just wanted to check and see.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: 2020-03-15 04:24:59 »
I searched a few different things including this thread and youtube videos. Is Chekhov not morphable still? Proud Clod shows she has a Wizard Bracelet to morph and I'm starting to think this is a tease. Also, pagoda is hard. Should I not be approaching this before the Temple of the Ancients?

The Morph is left over from when Chekhov could be hit by physical attacks. The Pagoda battles are unusual in that they're more like puzzles than straight fights. Godo is a bit more of a regular fight but it's a technical one at lower levels.

This might have happened if you started from a save game in Reactor 1 rather than New Game (some do this to skip the opening FMV). Problem is, the game initializes upon New Game so this results in starting equipment being different.

NT Vanilla Combat is default enemies/characters but with the scripts/events from NT. A lot of the original locations for Lv.4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons were restored as well.

Hi again, I worked out earlier issues and am on the most current version, everything is where it is supposed to be for me. I am wondering about some materia combinations. I don't remember how the base game did it exactly, but there are issues combining Quadra mag+Master materia and equipping mega-all. Works like a charm for offensive spells but none of the buffs or heals i.e. haste, regen, and barrier. It does not proc the "all" on them for me, it just casts 4 times on a single random person. When selecting target it seems as if it is targeting all but then hits 1 person 4 times with the buff or heal. It makes renew very wonky as well, giving 100% health but in 25% increments to a single player (that i can't select because it acts like "all" when selecting target). I can't remember if it was like this in the vanilla game and may be too much to ask for the combination to be that convenient. Just wanted to check and see.

Quadra selects a random target then directs all 4 casts onto that target, with half the original potency. I'm not sure if it's compatible with the All effect but Mega-All can override certain things with Master Command so maybe it can do it with Master Magic as well. Things tend to get a bit wild when combining all the different effects together as the engine starts to get overwhelmed; it's possible to quadra-cast Limit Breaks for instance.

pearpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: 2020-03-15 05:14:51 »
Thanks for always promptly replying. I'll save the general "this mod is great" cause we all know that already. Specifically though the Pagoda battles are very interesting. Shake was a lot of fun to figure out on my own. Only took...8 or 10 tries to morph that evasive little butt.

Anyways, secondary question I should have asked in the previous comment. Staniv and Godo are still morphable right? I assume so cause I can do damage to Staniv, he's just wrecking me. I guess I'm skeptical cause Edincoat is pretty powerful for this stage in the game (I assume).

Flopinou

• View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: 2020-03-15 09:34:36 »
Hi there !
New user of the mod here, wich is quite good by the way.
I just had a question, since i couldn't find the answer (I apologize if it already exist, I really tried) :

IT CAN BE A SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T PLAYED IT ALREADY

Spoiler: show
Okay, so I just et to CD 2, Aeris died and... she's here. I don't know if it's a bug or something, I searched for the Internet and saw videos in wich you can chose to save her or not, and it didn't happened in my game, she was just here.
I play with the new 7th haven mod manager, but i didn't put any mod that could change that (Except the new threat mod, I only put visual mods and one that change mini games, wich is on the base list of 7th Haven).
Is it an issue or is it just the normal way ?

Thank you for any answer, and sorry for any english mistake, it isn't my native language.

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: 2020-03-15 12:40:38 »
Only took...8 or 10 tries to morph that evasive little butt.

Huh? I wanted those Sprint Shows, too, and managed to kill Shake with a Morph, but he didn't turn into Sprint Shoes. He just said "NO WAY!" and the battle ended. What'd I do wrong?

GoGoGadget

• View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: 2020-03-15 13:59:24 »
I decided to start a new game with New Threat Vanilla Combat.  I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I still get notifications for innate abilities in the characters, and some things remain unchanged from New Threat.  For example, the Enemy Skill materia is still not in the specimen tank after the boss fight in Hojo's lab.  However, other events did change over properly, such as not having the Chocobo event in the train tunnels leading to Reactor 5. 

Code: [Select]
7th Heaven Version: 2.0.3.406

# Ninostyle - Chibi Field Models
ID: 4c9e7e61-3e63-40aa-be2e-ddf7dae530a4
Version: 0.53
Is Active: True
"Cloud"   (Cloud)    = "Nino Cloud"   (1)       
"Barret"  (Barret)   = "Nino Barret"  (1)       
"Tifa"    (Tifa)     = "Nino Tifa"    (1)       
"Aerith"  (Aerith)   = "Nino Aerith"  (1)       
"Yuffie"  (Yuffie)   = "Nino Yuffie"  (1)       
"Other"   (Other)    = "Nino Other"   (1)       
# Ninostyle - Chibi Field Models
ID: 49c548fe-5e3b-4bf8-92e1-4298ffa4226a
Version: 0.49
Is Active: False
"New character models"  (fb)   = "on"    (1)       
# Gameplay - Qhimm Catalog
ID: ace21ed7-9e32-4782-b397-1ce937bf3507
Version: 3.0
"======Difficulty======"  (Gameplay)               = ""                                 (0)       
"Difficulty"              (Difficulty)             = "7 - New Threat [Vanilla Combat]"  (7)       
"Always Run"              (Always Run)             = True                               (1)       
"Clock Fix"               (Clock Fix)              = False                              (0)       
"Disable Mouse"           (Disable Mouse)          = False                              (0)       
"Hand Indicator"          (Hand Indicator)         = "0 - Default"                      (0)       
"Increase Sense Limit"    (Increase Sense Limit)   = True                               (1)       
"Invincible"              (Invincible)             = False                              (0)       
"Lock Inventory"          (Lock Inventory)         = True                               (1)       
"Lucky Cait Sith"         (Lucky Cait Sith)        = True                               (1)       
"Lucky Tifa"              (Lucky Tifa)             = True                               (1)       
"No Random Battles"       (No Random Battles)      = False                              (0)       
"Save/PHS Anywhere"       (Save/PHS Anywhere)      = True                               (1)       
"Skip Cutscenes"          (Skip Cutscenes)         = True                               (1)       
"Sync Barret Opening"     (Sync Barret Opening)    = True                               (1)       
# Miscellaneous - Qhimm Catalog
ID: c0f4e84d-cf4e-49a9-bd61-b3f1f91d7a86
"=======Jessie Mod======="  (Miscellaneous)           = ""      (0)       
"Jessie Mod"                (Jessie Mod)              = True    (1)       
"Team Avalanche Fields"     (Team Avalanche Fields)   = False   (0)       
# ProtomanZxAdvent's Mod Compilation
ID: fc1ef042-8e74-4d0b-b6e9-3a88f7dfdc0b
Version: 1.1
"Spell And Item Name Patch"  (SpellItem)   = "Off"   (0)       
"Sound Effects Mod"          (Sound)       = "Off"   (0)       
# SpeedHack
ID: ba83c07f-f3da-45f9-8509-57dcb3fd537b
Version: 1.00
# Animations - Qhimm Catalog
ID: ad98f03e-143d-41b0-8937-96fec7c821ea
"Battle"  (Animations - Battle)   = "1 - 60 FPS"     (1)       
"Field"   (Animations - Field)    = "0 - No Change"  (0)       
"World"   (Animations - World)    = "0 - No Change"  (0)       
# Battle Models - Qhimm Catalog
ID: e4786c44-997e-4a29-b522-a4922aa4d457
"=======Main======="  (Battle Models)                 = ""                           (0)       
"Aerith"              (Main Characters - Aerith)      = "2 - ninostyle"              (2)       
"Barret"              (Main Characters - Barret)      = "6 - ninostyle [version 3]"  (6)       
"Cait Sith"           (Main Characters - Cait Sith)   = "2 - ninostyle"              (2)       
"Cid"                 (Main Characters - Cid)         = "3 - ninostyle"              (3)       
"Cloud"               (Main Characters - Cloud)       = "3 - ninostyle"              (3)       
"Red XIII"            (Main Characters - Red XIII)    = "4 - ninostyle"              (4)       
"Sephiroth"           (Main Characters - Sephiroth)   = "4 - ninostyle"              (4)       
"Tifa"                (Main Characters - Tifa)        = "4 - ninostyle"              (4)       
"Vincent"             (Main Characters - Vincent)     = "3 - ninostyle"              (3)       
"Yuffie"              (Main Characters - Yuffie)      = "2 - ninostyle"              (2)       
"Aero Combatant"      (Enemies - Aero Combatant)      = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Air Buster"          (Enemies - Air Buster)          = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Chocobo"             (Enemies - Chocobo)             = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Diamond Weapon"      (Enemies - Diamond)             = "1 - Grimmy"                 (1)       
"Elena"               (Enemies - Elena)               = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Frogs"               (Enemies - Frogs)               = "0 - No Change"              (0)       
"Grunt"               (Enemies - Grunt)               = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Guard Hound"         (Enemies - Guard Hound)         = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Guard Scorpion"      (Enemies - Guard Scorpion)      = "1 - Team Avalanche"         (1)       
"Hundred Gunner"      (Enemies - Hundred Gunner)      = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Jenova"              (Enemies - Jenova)              = "1 - WolfMan"                (1)       
"Joker"               (Enemies - Joker)               = "1 - Grimmy"                 (1)       
"Life Form"           (Enemies - Life Form)           = "1 - cmh175"                 (1)       
"Mighty Grunt"        (Enemies - Mighty Grunt)        = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Motorball"           (Enemies - Motorball)           = "2 - ninostyle"              (2)       
"Reno"                (Enemies - Reno)                = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Ruby Weapon"         (Enemies - Ruby)                = "0 - No Change"              (0)       
"Rude"                (Enemies - Rude)                = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Shinra Soldiers"     (Enemies - Shinra Soldiers)     = "2 - ninostyle"              (2)       
"Sweeper"             (Enemies - Sweeper)             = "1 - ninostyle"              (1)       
"Aerith"              (Weapons - Aerith)              = "3 - Mike + slayersnext"     (3)       
"Cait Sith"           (Weapons - Cait Sith)           = "1 - omega res novae"        (1)       
"Cloud"               (Weapons - Cloud)               = "1 - Millenia"               (1)       
"Red XIII"            (Weapons - Red XIII)            = "1 - philman"                (1)       
"Sephiroth"           (Weapons - Sephiroth)           = "0 - No Change"              (0)       
"Yuffie"              (Weapons - Yuffie)              = "1 - Mike"                   (1)       
# Battle Textures - Qhimm Catalog
ID: b9315620-c927-4fcb-9c05-185783a8967e
"Battle Textures"  (Battle Textures)   = "3 - [Retexture] Felix Leonhart + Magochocobo"  (3)       
# Field Models - Qhimm Catalog
ID: 25cf73b9-873e-47a7-92c4-7a581d4707c9
"===Resize Project==="   (Field Models)                       = ""                            (0)       
"Resize Project"         (Resize Project)                     = False                         (0)       
"===Dynamic Weapons==="  (Dynamic Weapons)                    = ""                            (0)       
"Cloud"                  (Dynamic Weapons - Cloud)            = "5 - ninostyle"               (5)       
"Buster Sword"           (Dynamic Weapons - Buster Sword)     = "6 - ninostyle - Right Hand"  (6)       
"Mythril Saber"          (Dynamic Weapons - Mythril Saber)    = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Hardedge"               (Dynamic Weapons - Hardedge)         = "4 - ninostyle - Right Hand"  (4)       
"Butterfly Edge"         (Dynamic Weapons - Butterfly Edge)   = "4 - ninostyle - Right Hand"  (4)       
"Enhance Sword"          (Dynamic Weapons - Enhance Sword)    = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Organics"               (Dynamic Weapons - Organics)         = "4 - ninostyle - Right Hand"  (4)       
"Crystal Sword"          (Dynamic Weapons - Crystal Sword)    = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Force Stealer"          (Dynamic Weapons - Force Stealer)    = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Rune Blade"             (Dynamic Weapons - Rune Blade)       = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Murasame"               (Dynamic Weapons - Murasame)         = "4 - ninostyle - Right Hand"  (4)       
"Nailbat"                (Dynamic Weapons - Nailbat)          = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Yoshiyuki"              (Dynamic Weapons - Yoshiyuki)        = "4 - ninostyle - Right Hand"  (4)       
"Apocalypse"             (Dynamic Weapons - Apocalypse)       = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Heaven's Cloud"         (Dynamic Weapons - Heaven's Cloud)   = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Ragnarok"               (Dynamic Weapons - Ragnarok)         = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Ultima Weapon"          (Dynamic Weapons - Ultima Weapon)    = "3 - ninostyle"               (3)       
"Huge Materia"           (Objects - Huge Materia)             = "1 - Grimmy"                  (1)       
"Materia"                (Objects - Materia)                  = "2 - Team Avalanche"          (2)       
"Potions"                (Objects - Potions)                  = "2 - Slayersnext"             (2)       
"Save Point"             (Objects - Save Point)               = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Aerith"                 (Main - Aerith)                      = "4 - ninostyle"               (4)       
"Barret"                 (Main - Barret)                      = "8 - ninostyle"               (8)       
"Cait Sith"              (Main - Cait Sith)                   = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Cid"                    (Main - Cid)                         = "3 - ninostyle"               (3)       
"Cloud"                  (Main - Cloud)                       = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Red XIII"               (Main - Red XIII)                    = "4 - ninostyle"               (4)       
"Sephiroth"              (Main - Sephiroth)                   = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Tifa"                   (Main - Tifa)                        = "5 - ninostyle"               (5)       
"Vincent"                (Main - Vincent)                     = "3 - ninostyle"               (3)       
"Yuffie"                 (Main - Yuffie)                      = "2 - ninostyle"               (2)       
"Biggs"                  (Support - Biggs)                    = "3 - ninostyle"               (3)       
"Bugenhagen"             (Support - Bugenhagen)               = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Jessie"                 (Support - Jessie)                   = "3 - ninostyle"               (3)       
"Wedge"                  (Support - Wedge)                    = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Air Buster"             (Enemy - Air Buster)                 = "1 - ninostyle"               (1)       
"Elena"                  (Enemy - Elena)                      = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Reno"                   (Enemy - Reno)                       = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Rude"                   (Enemy - Rude)                       = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Shinra Soldiers"        (Enemy - Shinra Soldiers)            = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
"Non-Player Characters"  (NPC)                                = "0 - No Change"               (0)       
# Field Textures - Qhimm Catalog
ID: ff3eb6c3-5f61-43e0-afd2-2f32685cc6eb
"Field Textures"  (Field Textures)   = "2 - [4x Upscale] SYW V4 - satsuki"  (2)       
# [Tsunamods] EDMusic FF7 Soundtrack
ID: c422dbb0-8d91-4777-91e4-90b5bcc5646f
Version: 0.40
"===Battles and Enemies==="          (BattlesPlusEnemiesHeader)   = ""                                (0)       
"Birth of a God"                     (ogglb1)                     = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Fanfare"                            (oggfan2)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Fight On!"                          (oggchu)                     = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"J-E-N-O-V-A"                        (oggchu2)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Jenova Complete"                    (oggpj)                      = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Let the Battles Begin!"             (oggbat)                     = "FF8 Liberi Fatali Tribute"       (2)       
"One-Winged Angel"                   (ogglb2)                     = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Shinra, Inc"                        (oggsinra)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"The Chase"                          (oggchase)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Those Chosen by the Planet"         (oggcephiros)                = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Those Chosen by the Planet (2)"     (oggcintro)                  = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Those Chosen by the Planet (3)"     (oggnointro)                 = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Turks' Theme"                       (oggrhythm)                  = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"===Characters==="                   (CharacterHeader)            = ""                                (0)       
"Aerith's Theme"                     (oggearis)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Barret's Theme"                     (oggbarret)                  = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Cid's Theme"                        (oggsid2)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"The Nightmare Begins"               (oggvincent)                 = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Tifa's Theme"                       (oggtifa)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Who... Are You?"                    (oggyume)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"===Game Moments==="                 (GameMomentsHeader)          = ""                                (0)       
"Continue"                           (oggover2)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Good Night, Until Tomorrow"         (oggyado)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Opening Movie"                      (introvid)                   = "Enrico Deiana Intro"             (1)       
"The Prelude"                        (oggpre)                     = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Words Drowned By Fireworks"         (oggdate)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"===Places==="                       (PlacesHeader)               = ""                                (0)       
"Anxiety"                            (oggkurai)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Bombing Mission"                    (oggob)                      = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Cosmo Canyon"                       (oggcanyon)                  = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Flowers Blooming in the Church"     (oggearislo)                 = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Gold Saucer"                        (ogggold1)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Hurry!"                             (oggaseri)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Listen to the Cries of the Planet"  (oggiseki)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Lurking in the Darkness"            (oggayasi)                   = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Mako Reactor"                       (oggmakoro)                  = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"On That Day, Five Years Ago..."     (oggtm)                      = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Under the Rotting Pizza"            (oggdokubo)                  = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"Wutai"                              (oggutai)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
"===World Map==="                    (WorldMapHeader)             = ""                                (0)       
"Cinco de Chocobo"                   (oggcinco)                   = "Chocobo Theme (Series Tribute)"  (1)       
"The North Cave"                     (oggkita)                    = "Default Mix"                     (1)       
# Media - Qhimm Catalog
ID: fe3a9938-8083-4201-9f52-dd1e3eaba28c
"Movies"  (Movies)   = "2 - [AI] satsuki - SYW V4"  (2)       
"Music"   (Music)    = "6 - OST Remastered"         (6)       
"Sound"   (Sound)    = "3 - Seclet"                 (3)       
# Minigames - Qhimm Catalog
ID: fae201ee-9fa5-4163-ab56-2b478111449d
"====Chocobo Race===="    (Chocobo Race)                 = ""                       (0)       
"Base Models"             (Chocobo Race - Base Models)   = "2 - PRP"                (2)       
"Cid"                     (Chocobo Race - Cid)           = "2 - ninostyle"          (2)       
"Cloud"                   (Chocobo Race - Cloud)         = "2 - ninostyle"          (2)       
"Tifa"                    (Chocobo Race - Tifa)          = "2 - ninostyle"          (2)       
"Textures"                (Chocobo Race - Textures)      = "1 - Grimmy"             (1)       
"=======Coaster======="   (Coaster)                      = ""                       (0)       
"Textures"                (Coaster - Textures)           = "1 - Grimmy"             (1)       
"======Fort Condor====="  (Fort Condor)                  = ""                       (0)       
"Models"                  (Fort Condor - Models)         = "1 - Strayoff"           (1)       
"Textures"                (Fort Condor - Textures)       = "1 - Strayoff + Grimmy"  (1)       
"===Motorbike Chase===="  (Motorbike Chase)              = ""                       (0)       
"Models"                  (Motorbike Chase - Models)     = "4 - ninostyle"          (4)       
"Music"                   (Motorbike Chase - Music)      = "0 - No Change"          (0)       
"Textures"                (Motorbike Chase - Textures)   = "1 - Grimmy"             (1)       
"=====Snowboard======"    (Snowboard)                    = ""                       (0)       
"Textures"                (Snowboard - Textures)         = "1 - Grimmy"             (1)       
"====Wonder Square===="   (Wonder Square)                = ""                       (0)       
"Tweaks"                  (Wonder Square - Tweaks)       = True                     (1)       
# Enhanced Stock UI-rel2
ID: 2b49d831-6556-41df-9ddb-d1a6e937f548
Version: 2.23
"Enhanced Stock"                     (enhanced)        = "Enhanced Stock - On"               (1)       
"All Status Visible"                 (status)          = True                                (1)       
"Items + Materia Icons"              (items_materia)   = "Colored Items + Standard Materia"  (3)       
"UI Bar Thickness"                   (bars)            = "Thinnest Bars"                     (2)       
"Font Brightness"                    (fonts)           = "Bright Fonts"                      (2)       
"Battle View"                        (battleview)      = "Optimized UI v2"                   (3)       
"Minimalistic No Battle Boxes View"  (nbb)             = True                                (1)       
"Help Box Transparency"              (hbb)             = "No Box, Text Only"                 (1)       
"Field Dialog Style"                 (fds)             = "Menu Overhaul"                     (1)       
"Controller Icons"                   (controller)      = "PSX Icons"                         (2)       
"EXP Bar Toggle"                     (nt)              = "Exp Bars Enabled"                  (0)       
# World Models - Qhimm Catalog
ID: 3365b425-2391-4cc2-ba02-fef3437eba71
"=======Main======="  (World Models)              = ""               (0)       
"Cid"                 (Main Characters - Cid)     = "3 - ninostyle"  (3)       
"Cloud"               (Main Characters - Cloud)   = "6 - ninostyle"  (6)       
"Tifa"                (Main Characters - Tifa)    = "5 - ninostyle"  (5)       
"Diamond"             (Enemies - Diamond)         = "2 - PRP"        (2)       
"Emerald"             (Enemies - Emerald)         = "1 - PRP"        (1)       
"Ruby"                (Enemies - Ruby)            = "1 - PRP"        (1)       
"Ultima"              (Enemies - Ultima)          = "1 - PRP"        (1)       
"Buggy"               (Vehicles - Buggy)          = "3 - ninostyle"  (3)       
"Chocobo"             (Vehicles - Chocobo)        = "2 - ninostyle"  (2)       
"Highwind"            (Vehicles - Highwind)       = "2 - ninostyle"  (2)       
"Submarine"           (Vehicles - Submarine)      = "3 - ninostyle"  (3)       
"Tiny Bronco"         (Vehicles - Tiny Bronco)    = "1 - ninostyle"  (1)       
# World Textures - Qhimm Catalog
ID: 00583ff5-d5b8-4efa-9678-8e319574839e
"World Textures"  (World Textures)   = "1 - [4x Upscale] Remako HD - CaptRobau"  (1)       

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: 2020-03-15 15:42:39 »

Chekhov used to be morphable before some changes. Now shes immune to physical damage so you cannot morph her. SC just didnt remove the morph from the list because its a redundant change really. And the pagoda is really meant for around after TotA or even at the start of the huge materia quest. But it is beatable on first visit. Farm yuffies limit to Doom of the Living and go into fights with that + hp-mp swap and you will win pretty easy.

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: 2020-03-16 00:07:10 »
Is the MP Plus materia supposed to sell for 540,000 gil? Seems like that's probably an oversight, since all the other pre-mastered materia has a sale value of 1 gil.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: 2020-03-16 00:18:17 »
Thanks for always promptly replying. I'll save the general "this mod is great" cause we all know that already. Specifically though the Pagoda battles are very interesting. Shake was a lot of fun to figure out on my own. Only took...8 or 10 tries to morph that evasive little butt.

Anyways, secondary question I should have asked in the previous comment. Staniv and Godo are still morphable right? I assume so cause I can do damage to Staniv, he's just wrecking me. I guess I'm skeptical cause Edincoat is pretty powerful for this stage in the game (I assume).

Godo should be, not so sure about Staniv. I checked the latest files and seems I removed the pagoda morphs.

Hi there !
New user of the mod here, wich is quite good by the way.
I just had a question, since i couldn't find the answer (I apologize if it already exist, I really tried) :

IT CAN BE A SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T PLAYED IT ALREADY

Spoiler: show
Okay, so I just et to CD 2, Aeris died and... she's here. I don't know if it's a bug or something, I searched for the Internet and saw videos in wich you can chose to save her or not, and it didn't happened in my game, she was just here.
I play with the new 7th haven mod manager, but i didn't put any mod that could change that (Except the new threat mod, I only put visual mods and one that change mini games, wich is on the base list of 7th Haven).
Is it an issue or is it just the normal way ?

Thank you for any answer, and sorry for any english mistake, it isn't my native language.

That sounds unusual. There's a dialogue choice before the FMV, then a Phoenix Down is used, and then the scene after should have all the characters present. It sounds like the flevel is changed (otherwise it wouldn't have re-added the character to PHS) but only partially. That or the option to not keep her around is adding her to PHS anyway.

Huh? I wanted those Sprint Shows, too, and managed to kill Shake with a Morph, but he didn't turn into Sprint Shoes. He just said "NO WAY!" and the battle ended. What'd I do wrong?

I'm fairly sure the Morphs were removed as of the latest files.

I decided to start a new game with New Threat Vanilla Combat.  I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I still get notifications for innate abilities in the characters, and some things remain unchanged from New Threat.  For example, the Enemy Skill materia is still not in the specimen tank after the boss fight in Hojo's lab.  However, other events did change over properly, such as not having the Chocobo event in the train tunnels leading to Reactor 5. 

Innate texts I think I forgot to remove from the field script, but they won't be present in the kernel so they won't activate or anything.

If no E. Skill was there, there should at least be one in Junon's Respectable Inn, the Chocobo Sage's house, and the Forgotten City.

Is the MP Plus materia supposed to sell for 540,000 gil? Seems like that's probably an oversight, since all the other pre-mastered materia has a sale value of 1 gil.

The Materia sell prices are held in the .EXE and I didn't change them.

jdeezy34

• View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: 2020-03-16 04:25:45 »
I had been playing NT 1.5 through 7th Heaven 1.54 but decided to upgrade to 7H 2.0 today. Everything transferred over and works fine except New Threat. I was using the stand alone IRO for NT 1.5 on the previous version of 7H, but now neither that nor the New Threat in the Qhimm Catalog works properly. Items, such as Potions, still have any changed values, as well as weapons/armor. However, I no longer have the menu at save points to check SP, use a tent, etc. In Highwind, the "New Threat" guy is gone, and I can't change party leaders. It's like only part of NT works. I spent a good amount of time searching through the forums before posting this, but couldn't find anyone that was having the same issue. I'm hoping I don't have to start a new game. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9045 on: 2020-03-16 04:40:10 »
There's a dialogue choice before the FMV, then a Phoenix Down is used, and then the scene after should have all the characters present. It sounds like the flevel is changed (otherwise it wouldn't have re-added the character to PHS) but only partially. That or the option to not keep her around is adding her to PHS anyway.

Huh. I didn't get this at all. I was only able to get Aeris back once I had the Highwind, and could talk to the NT Debug Tech, who let me turn the "Aeris Dead" flag off.

EDIT: Hmmm, is Resist supposed to work against the Mini and Frog statuses applied as Battle Square handicaps? Because at least for Mini, it doesn't. But it does prevent you from removing Mini. That was a fun find...

And speaking of "Cannot change status", does anyone else think that NT's change that makes this apply to positive statuses as well completely destroys the usefulness of Ribbon? Not being able to apply Regen, Barrier, MBarrier, or other positive statuses really makes Ribbon more of a liability than anything else. I get that this was probably done for balancing, but there's a reason there aren't very many Ribbons in the game. It's supposed to be the best accessory. Making it a near-endgame thing that you can only get one of, instead of nerfing it into the ground, would be better, imo.

EDIT 2: Is there any way to get a third EXP Plus material? I got the early one, and the one for 2000 GP, but when I came back to the Wonder Square vendor with another 2000 GP, I discovered that it was a one-time purchase. D'oh! At least I didn't waste a damn hour on getting a second 2000, as I would have had NT not made the GP vendor a 100% spawn. That's a nice QoL improvement!
« Last Edit: 2020-03-16 07:33:53 by coredumperror »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: 2020-03-16 09:38:23 »
I had been playing NT 1.5 through 7th Heaven 1.54 but decided to upgrade to 7H 2.0 today. Everything transferred over and works fine except New Threat. I was using the stand alone IRO for NT 1.5 on the previous version of 7H, but now neither that nor the New Threat in the Qhimm Catalog works properly. Items, such as Potions, still have any changed values, as well as weapons/armor. However, I no longer have the menu at save points to check SP, use a tent, etc. In Highwind, the "New Threat" guy is gone, and I can't change party leaders. It's like only part of NT works. I spent a good amount of time searching through the forums before posting this, but couldn't find anyone that was having the same issue. I'm hoping I don't have to start a new game. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

The game is a composite of several files, some of which it sounds like have changed while others haven't. The Potions being changed means that the kernel has patched (and likely the scene.bin as well). But it sounds like the flevel hasn't patched which is a serious issue. Starting a new game won't help either. 7h 2.0 seems to have a lot of issues that aren't being addressed; the hext not working reliably, NT being locked off from mod types it shouldn't be, driver crashes, etc. If they can't help you troubleshoot the issue then I would recommend going back to 7h 1.54 as the mods themselves are the same.

Huh. I didn't get this at all. I was only able to get Aeris back once I had the Highwind, and could talk to the NT Debug Tech, who let me turn the "Aeris Dead" flag off.

EDIT: Hmmm, is Resist supposed to work against the Mini and Frog statuses applied as Battle Square handicaps? Because at least for Mini, it doesn't. But it does prevent you from removing Mini. That was a fun find...

And speaking of "Cannot change status", does anyone else think that NT's change that makes this apply to positive statuses as well completely destroys the usefulness of Ribbon? Not being able to apply Regen, Barrier, MBarrier, or other positive statuses really makes Ribbon more of a liability than anything else. I get that this was probably done for balancing, but there's a reason there aren't very many Ribbons in the game. It's supposed to be the best accessory. Making it a near-endgame thing that you can only get one of, instead of nerfing it into the ground, would be better, imo.

EDIT 2: Is there any way to get a third EXP Plus material? I got the early one, and the one for 2000 GP, but when I came back to the Wonder Square vendor with another 2000 GP, I discovered that it was a one-time purchase. D'oh! At least I didn't waste a damn hour on getting a second 2000, as I would have had NT not made the GP vendor a 100% spawn. That's a nice QoL improvement!

What method did you use the play the mod? Was it the installer, the Qhimm Catalog IRO (1.X or 2.0), the thread IRO, or the R06 version? It sounds very unusual that this would be missing but the rest of it isn't. If you still have a save file just before the altar/Jenova 2 boss fight, do me a favour and trigger the scene. When you press Confirm to advance Cloud through the stages of lifting his sword, do you see a dialogue option appear at any point during it?

Resist locks the toggling of statuses; it needs to be Dispelled before statuses can be inflicted/removed again. Ribbon is based on the Hardcore mod's version of Ribbon which had it block statuses but at the expense of buffs. I'm reverting to the original Ribbon for NT Final though as the other accessories have a wide enough range of stat buffs and effects on them that it makes them much more competitive against it.

I'm not sure about EXP Plus, I think it can be won at Chocobo Races but unsure.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-16 09:40:33 by Sega Chief »

Flopinou

• View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: 2020-03-16 12:45:31 »
What method did you use the play the mod? Was it the installer, the Qhimm Catalog IRO (1.X or 2.0), the thread IRO, or the R06 version? It sounds very unusual that this would be missing but the rest of it isn't. If you still have a save file just before the altar/Jenova 2 boss fight, do me a favour and trigger the scene. When you press Confirm to advance Cloud through the stages of lifting his sword, do you see a dialogue option appear at any point during it?

I used directly the option inside "Gameplay - Qhimm Catalog/Difficulty" that ship with 7th haven 2.0 (downloaded everything from the app). And yes there was this option in the scene ! Thus i don't remember what I chose and didn't kept any save :S. Anyway I didnt had any cutscene after with Phenix Down use. The next scene we were on the "house" with her lying on a bed, and I was thinking "That's quite weird, okay my last playthrough was a long time ago but a remenber a FMV scene with Cloud putting her in the water", and then in snowy mountain she was there, and speaking !! What a surprise it was, I might say.
Anyway, the game didn't broke, I can remove her if I want etc etc.. I just wanted to describe what happened, in case of it beeing a bug or something.
2nd anyway : the mod is great, I really thank everyone that's been involved in it (and in all the others mods I use, and 7th haven, but it is off-topic) for all the efforts done, this is just so good to discover this game another time ! :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: 2020-03-16 16:58:42 »
I used directly the option inside "Gameplay - Qhimm Catalog/Difficulty" that ship with 7th haven 2.0 (downloaded everything from the app). And yes there was this option in the scene ! Thus i don't remember what I chose and didn't kept any save :S. Anyway I didnt had any cutscene after with Phenix Down use. The next scene we were on the "house" with her lying on a bed, and I was thinking "That's quite weird, okay my last playthrough was a long time ago but a remenber a FMV scene with Cloud putting her in the water", and then in snowy mountain she was there, and speaking !! What a surprise it was, I might say.
Anyway, the game didn't broke, I can remove her if I want etc etc.. I just wanted to describe what happened, in case of it beeing a bug or something.
2nd anyway : the mod is great, I really thank everyone that's been involved in it (and in all the others mods I use, and 7th haven, but it is off-topic) for all the efforts done, this is just so good to discover this game another time ! :)

Okay, so the option did appear. Fair enough, I think the default option is to keep things as they are but it sounds like it's not working properly due to a scripting error on my part rather than some unknown witchcraft. Bit odd that it didn't come up before but perhaps there's some condition that can cause it to happen. I'll be performing a maintenance patch on the 1.5 build shortly before 2.0 goes out so that it gets rid of some problems that have come up recently. Namely this one you've mentioned, the Bizarro fight on Arrange, and couple others.

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: 2020-03-16 18:57:29 »
So, I've been practicing an Arrange mode speedrun on and off for a while, and a few days ago I decided to try and go for a single sitting run and record it. It went pretty well, I got no game-overs on any bossfights, but made a few stupid mistakes toward the end that cost me around 20+ minutes.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEs5v8f8AX0 Please excuse my silly commentary, I tried to keep it informative and at least a little entertaining. If someone thinks of alternate strategies, or wants to ask something let me know in private message or comment on youtube, I think it's best not to muddy this topic.

Some of the bosses, especially the later ones have attacks that are barely survivable for the less defensive characters and I really like how it's balanced now. Maybe you, Sega Chief, can find this somewhat helpful for balancing 2.0. Very interested to see what changes you've come up with.

A few things that happened during the run I want to ask about;

Disc 2 Junon to Underwater Reactor section: The screen in Upper Junon which branches down to the Underwater Reactor, the one with the Shinra soldiers who charge in the wrong direction. On this screen it is possible to get an enemy encounter even though I've turned off random battles. Only other place with encounters despite turning them off is the very first Mako Reactor bombing.

Another one I've ran into somewhat often: When inflicted with Frog status, I don't think it's possible to cast any spells, except for Pearl, for some reason that's castable.

Are these working as intended?