Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1848179 times)

Memphis

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2075 on: 2012-11-20 17:28:32 »
I found a fix to my Access Denied error!  Depending on your OS/Computer the fix may be slightly different, here is what worked for me:

-Right click on Computer (or My Computer) and go to Properties.
-For me (windows 7) I scrolled down to the section titled, 'Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings' and click Change settings
-Go to the advanced tab, and click on Environment Variables...
-In the System variables field, find the variable named 'Path'.  Select it and click edit.  -This should be a long string of directories from C:\ each separated by a semicolon.  Make sure that C:\Windows\system32 is present.
-If not add ;C:\Windows\system32 to the string, and BAM!  No more access denied!  8-)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: 2012-11-20 17:43:19 »
Isn't system32 supposed to be there by default? I wonder what would cause it to go missing.

evilmark443

• View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: 2012-11-20 23:20:43 »
Hey, another quick question.  I just got to the point in the game where Red XIII joins your party and I have a slight problem, he has no character model.  When he jumps on Hojo it looks like Hojo was attacked by the invisible man, lol.  Is there any way to fix this?  I selected the retextured Red XIII option when I ran bootleg.

Still having the FMV issue but not gonna worry about it, as old as this game is some audio issues in FMVs are easy to ignore.

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 2012-11-21 00:00:32 »
Evilmark, are you running 039 or the 040RC?

evilmark443

• View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 2012-11-21 00:29:33 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2080 on: 2012-11-21 01:38:52 »
Isn't system32 supposed to be there by default? I wonder what would cause it to go missing.

iirc there are options to hide system essential folders from view and if that is enabled, system32 is basically 'invisible'

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 2012-11-21 01:59:55 »
iirc there are options to hide system essential folders from view and if that is enabled, system32 is basically 'invisible'

The problem that the person is having, isn't a folder visibility issue. It's an environmental variable that is normally correctly configured, but for some reason is no longer on the user's system.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 2012-11-21 04:15:56 »
Leonhart,
I'll update my links accordingly.
I'm not sure why google docs insists on storing some archives as folders.  It's very annoying.
The only issue I foresee with your new links is with the filenames.
There are other mods-- grimmy's-- that use those exact filenames.  It might cause some confusion.

Jesiah

• View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: 2012-11-21 06:04:10 »
I have been trying to install everything for a while now, I am on Windows 8 and keep getting errors. I think it has something to do with the user access level, as Windows 8 puts permissions on anything installed. I keep getting 'ff7.exe not found' Even though everything is in the correct directories, etc.. I have tried to change the access levels and still nothing, I think they must reset after the .zip finishes extracting.

Just wondering if .40 has any work around for this, if not I would be happy to run a few tests and help out.

BigBoss

• View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 2012-11-21 06:10:59 »
I have been trying to install everything for a while now, I am on Windows 8 and keep getting errors. I think it has something to do with the user access level, as Windows 8 puts permissions on anything installed. I keep getting 'ff7.exe not found' Even though everything is in the correct directories, etc.. I have tried to change the access levels and still nothing, I think they must reset after the .zip finishes extracting.

Just wondering if .40 has any work around for this, if not I would be happy to run a few tests and help out.

Do you have the 1998 or 2012 version?

Jesiah

• View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: 2012-11-21 06:40:11 »
The 1998 version.

Should I purchase the 2012 to see if that works instead?

One would assume that it will the the same thing.

BigBoss

• View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: 2012-11-21 07:27:19 »
Ah, in that case I'm not going to be much help. I've just spent two days getting bootleg to work with the 2012 version so you will to wait for someone more experienced with the other version to help.

I wouldn't bother getting the 2012 version, they are practically the same except that some of files for the 2012 are slightly different (E.G the .exe isn't named ff7.exe but ff7_en.exe and there are 4 .exes for 4 different languages)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2087 on: 2012-11-21 11:11:30 »

The only issue I foresee with your new links is with the filenames.
There are other mods-- grimmy's-- that use those exact filenames.  It might cause some confusion.

"Whatever"... says Squall...Name them as you wish...

"Are you done yet...? I don't want to talk about it. What am I supposed to say about other people's problems? Go talk to a wall."

:P :P :P :P

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 2012-11-21 12:50:21 »
"Whatever"... says Squall...Name them as you wish...

Actually, no. You will have to name them something else, because Bootleg couldn't tell the difference - let alone the users - so it WILL conflict.

Also, I'm coding something (not related to Bootleg) that you and other FF8 lovers will like... not saying more!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2089 on: 2012-11-21 13:37:40 »
Actually, no. You will have to name them something else, because Bootleg couldn't tell the difference - let alone the users - so it WILL conflict.

Also, I'm coding something (not related to Bootleg) that you and other FF8 lovers will like... not saying more!

You're such a tease   ;)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: 2012-11-21 13:47:46 »
You're such a tease   ;)

Can't tell if comp- oh wait...

More seriously, it's one of my very first program in Visual Basic, so don't expect much. But as perfectionist as I am, I will not release something flawed!

nickblames

• View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 2012-11-21 14:21:29 »
Are the FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, and FixedSpecialCases.rar files still needed for Bootleg now that Omzy has updated the pack?

Trying to clear out the unnecessary stuff from my folder.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: 2012-11-21 14:22:47 »
You might want to wait for Bootleg 040, there will be A LOT of changes (this should even skip two numbers, and make it version 42!)

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2093 on: 2012-11-21 15:26:55 »
I will need to upload it again then...  :| If I just put it in a rar and re-upload it because there's no option like renaming the files after uploading in filetrip... tell me what to do please. Thanks!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 2012-11-21 15:48:43 »
You could name them something like "LeonhartGR's <file>" where <file> is anything you want it to be (so that one can easily associate these files to you).

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2095 on: 2012-11-21 16:35:06 »
I'm uploading one rar file with both archives in it. I hope that should do it...

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 2012-11-21 17:16:36 »
So two RARs within a RAR? Why not two EXEs within one EXE? So that it could be an EXEception...

Sorry couldn't resist  ;D

evilmark443

• View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 2012-11-21 18:33:34 »
I don't mean to be a pest or anything, but any ideas on how I can fix my invisible Red XIII problem?  Running 039

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: 2012-11-21 18:48:55 »
My suggestion: Uninstall everything; install clean FF7, install only Red XIII's model. If it STILL doesn't appear, then it's the mod's fault and not Bootleg's. If it DOES appear, then another mod is conflicting.

If all else fail, wait for Bootleg 040, as this will probably fix such issues.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2099 on: 2012-11-21 19:04:49 »
So two RARs within a RAR?

That would be dump  :o I included the 2 videos within a rar file... I do not intend to upload any multiple .rar files on filetrip.