Author Topic: [FF7] how can I remove "black bar" at bottom of screen?  (Read 12192 times)

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
Hey Guys

Im sure the question is somewhere around here but I wonder if I can remove the black bar on the bottom of my screen when I play FF7 with HD Mods? The Game is perfect now except the black bar  :( it is only in the fields.

thx for help!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7] how can I remove "black bar" at bottom of screen?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-01 16:23:54 »
You can't. This is a common request, but not something anyone's figured out yet.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-01 16:52:15 »
It can be removed in battle, does not exist on world map, but cannot be removed from field (without significant changes which are a waste of time vs the benefits).  On PSX the black area is distributed on both top and bottom.

I am willing to bet Aali could shift the screen to the centre so it looks more natural, but removing it entirely is simply too much hassle.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-01 16:53:58 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-04 09:38:51 »
It can be removed in battle, does not exist on world map, but cannot be removed from field (without significant changes which are a waste of time vs the benefits).

I am willing to bet Aali could shift the screen to the centre so it looks more natural, but removing it entirely is simply too much hassle.

It would be better if he could add a fake fullscreen (borderless window) and a dynamic resolution. It is possible to make a window bigger as your monitor supports it, so if you make the window bigger in the y axis you could cut off the black bar. But this will also cut off screen when the game swaps into the full 3D mode and this could be solved with a change of the resolution of the window.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-26 02:06:32 »
On PSX the black area is distributed on both top and bottom.

I am willing to bet Aali could shift the screen to the centre so it looks more natural

Geat news, just like FFVIII; how complex and how much work would it take ?

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-06-15 11:24:37 »
It can be removed in battle, does not exist on world map, but cannot be removed from field (without significant changes which are a waste of time vs the benefits).  On PSX the black area is distributed on both top and bottom.

When he could shift the screen to the centre it would be nice! But I get used to it