Author Topic: [FF8-PC/Steam] Tonberry Master List - FF8 Mods Progress  (Read 247182 times)

SpoonyOrbit

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Tonberry Master List - FF8 Mods Progress
« Reply #25 on: 2017-12-01 06:17:47 »
Great collection of mods and I did purchase the Pandora mod pack. Playing through the game when I came across the part where squall is carrying Rinoa on the train tracks to Esthar their bodies disappear behind a block whenever they pass a light pole.  I did a fresh install leaving out Project Eden and Rebirth Flame

I thought by chance that might fix what I saw plus some other odd glitches or blimps/misplaced lines in the background.  I think using Edens textures with Angelwings hashmaps has some hiccups.  Unfortunately, I didn't save anywhere around the train tracks so I'll have to track down a save at that point to see if this fixes it.  I also notice that the characters blink their eyes with the original textures.  I actually would like a character mod that upscales the current pixels much like Angelwings backgrounds.  The characters are a little too plastic in Rebirth Flame if you know what I mean.

Otherwise great set of mods!  I look forward to more and hopefully a Final Fantasy VIII remake before I die.  One can hope.

Spoony
Proud owner of Asus ROG gaming products

Falkenauge123

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017-12-21 13:54:33 »
I have a problem. I start the game there is no change. can someone tell me exactly what to do?
is it normal that at the beginning of the installation an error occurs which one must skip?
the error is https://picload.org/view/ddrwlolr/unbenannt.png.html

i use the installer
« Last Edit: 2017-12-25 18:13:25 by Falkenauge123 »

ekma

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2017-12-26 14:14:32 »
Thanks McIndus. I've been lurking the forums around here since 2005-ish and it's incredible to see how far the FF8 mods have come. Needless to say I paid for the modpack straight up!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all!
« Last Edit: 2017-12-26 14:16:03 by ekma »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #28 on: 2018-01-05 16:49:30 »
Thanks McIndus. I've been lurking the forums around here since 2005-ish and it's incredible to see how far the FF8 mods have come. Needless to say I paid for the modpack straight up!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and drop those kind words on us!  I hope you love the mods!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #29 on: 2018-02-09 01:36:10 »
Just updated the original post with a link to the Tonberry Modding Tutorial - I figured I should have everything in the same place.
Here's the link to that tutorial for those that are interested!
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17263.msg245575#msg245575

jubs1982

• View Profile
Installer not working
« Reply #30 on: 2018-02-21 14:19:32 »
Hello I donated the suggested amount and got the installer.  Everything seemed to install fine, but when I run Lunatic Pandora I get as follows

FF8_Launcher.EXE deos not exsist

Attempting to load by Process Name (FF8_EN.EXE)...
Still Wating... click "PLAY!"

I have no play button to click how ever and I cannot seem to get any further then this.  Any help?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #31 on: 2018-02-21 20:30:00 »
If you installed it and it created a duplicate folder FINAL FANTASY VIII/FINAL FANTASY VIII/ - then make sure you dump the contents of the duplicate folder into the main FINAL FANTASY VIII/ folder.  It looks like that might be your issue, jubs.  If this doesn't solve the problem, please email me at [email protected] so that we can resolve your issues :)

pairos

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2018-03-10 11:33:29 »
i have the hope to play FF VIII with mods that add new magics, GFs ,etc i know its difficult but i want it xD, thx for all this mods on this post
« Last Edit: 2018-03-10 11:41:39 by pairos »

wilsonl

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2018-05-18 07:13:15 »
Hello, Mcindus.

I want to make a big progress with FF8's background fields, they are 4x than original(new custom fields use my custom photos and datas.)

but I don't know how to output and arrange like project Eden and project Angelwing.

Can you contact me with personal message?

Judah_Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2018-06-16 08:37:51 »
Created an account just to say thanx for what you did to my favorite final fantasy game!

kev

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2018-07-14 21:16:55 »
Hi Mcindus, thanks again for the mods. But I am not able to download the pandora installer. I've already used up all 3 tries. :( All those tries failed. It seems the s3 bucket link is only available for 10mins. After 10mins the s3 links would be dead and my on-going downloads just fails.

Is there other ways of buying the installer. I don't mind buying it again as long as the expiration is not 5-10mins (Impossible to download 2gb with my measly 20mbps internet)

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #36 on: 2018-07-18 05:10:20 »
Hi Mcindus, thanks again for the mods. But I am not able to download the pandora installer. I've already used up all 3 tries. :( All those tries failed. It seems the s3 bucket link is only available for 10mins. After 10mins the s3 links would be dead and my on-going downloads just fails.

Is there other ways of buying the installer. I don't mind buying it again as long as the expiration is not 5-10mins (Impossible to download 2gb with my measly 20mbps internet)

That is a funky issue!  Just email me at mcindusmods @ gmail.com and i'll hook you up with a new link that will hopefully be more stable.

Brojo007

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2018-07-27 13:41:56 »
Hi, I am playing this game again with this mods. I downloaded Tonberry Enhanced2.04, Apocalypse 1.2, HorizonPack v3.0, LunarCry_v1.5, Project_Eden_v1.0, SeeDReborn v3.5, Tripod v1.1, Upscaled, FF8_ControllerButtons_Xbox360, Roses and Wines. Followed the steps to install it from a video in youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5lA7Drxpi4). Disable Steam Overlay but the game won't start. I tried installing them one by one starting from wines and roses. It worked fine and the music are great. But when I installed Tonberry Enhanced 2.04 the game wont start. I need help. Thanks
« Last Edit: 2018-07-27 14:42:50 by Brojo007 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #38 on: 2018-08-14 17:12:19 »
You might need to download the directx9 june2010 end user runtimes.  Try doing a search for 'mcindus mods guide ff8 steam' on google, and in that guide, I provide a link to the download in the 'troubleshooting' section.  You also might need to update your microsoft vc++ redistributable files, but I would try the directx9 fix first.

Shinji200

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2018-08-15 05:48:54 »
Hi Mcindus

First of all thanks for the Lunatic Pandora Installer, it's really great to have all the best mods in one single package :-) I just have some questions regarding the installation, after donating I extracted the first Installer in my FFVIII steam path which is located in S:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII, this went without issues however once I run the LP Installer.exe that is created inside the folder the files get installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII which is a path that is created during the installation.

If I try to run the FF8_Ultra_Launcher from here it obviously fails indicating that can't find the FF8_Launcher.exe so what I have done is just copy/paste all the files crated by the LP installer to my Steam folder in S: Drive, the mods have been working so far after this but I'm not sure if by moving the files I would have issues later.

I've checked your LP Troubleshooting in your Steam guide and it says that LP must be installed in the parent FF folder however I'm not sure if you refer to the first installer that is unzipped or the second one that is the proper .exe that install the Mods, is there a way to change the path during the "second" installation of your pack? or is correct to just move the files to the correct drive where steam is installed in my case.

In any case thanks for all the great Mods!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #40 on: 2018-08-20 16:24:27 »
Hi Mcindus

First of all thanks for the Lunatic Pandora Installer, it's really great to have all the best mods in one single package :-) I just have some questions regarding the installation, after donating I extracted the first Installer in my FFVIII steam path which is located in S:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII, this went without issues however once I run the LP Installer.exe that is created inside the folder the files get installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII which is a path that is created during the installation.

If I try to run the FF8_Ultra_Launcher from here it obviously fails indicating that can't find the FF8_Launcher.exe so what I have done is just copy/paste all the files crated by the LP installer to my Steam folder in S: Drive, the mods have been working so far after this but I'm not sure if by moving the files I would have issues later.

I've checked your LP Troubleshooting in your Steam guide and it says that LP must be installed in the parent FF folder however I'm not sure if you refer to the first installer that is unzipped or the second one that is the proper .exe that install the Mods, is there a way to change the path during the "second" installation of your pack? or is correct to just move the files to the correct drive where steam is installed in my case.

In any case thanks for all the great Mods!

If you copy/pasted all of the contents from the FINAL FANTASY VIII/ folder that it created on your C: drive and moved it all to the parent drive on your S: drive, then the mods should all work the same way!

Shinji200

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2018-08-23 02:09:30 »
Hi Mcindus,

Thanks, so far no problems after copy-paste the folder created in C: so I guess it worked fine.

omoi4658

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2018-08-29 02:15:21 »
Hey Gang!
I had a quick question but don't know if this is where to post it but it involves the mods. For some reason when the mods are active, I am unable to use magic. Technically, I can use magic, but the quantity of magic never goes down, ostensibly giving me infinite magic which I really don't want because I'd rather not make the game any easier than it already is (at least the steam version seems to be much easier than I remember the PS1 version to be). This error also makes me unable to use double or triple spells, as it will only cast once instead of twice or three times. Is this a common glitch or am I just lucky? Is there a way around it if it is known? I used the pack for Lunatic Pandora instead of doing it manually if that helps. I also have Rose and Wine enabled if that is useful information as well. Thanks for the help and I appreciate all the work that's been done! From what  have experienced, it's been pretty incredible!

omoi4658

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2018-08-29 20:55:32 »
I wanted to add a discovery of sorts. I don't know why I attempted it but I was curious enough o dig into the files in HL_Files/DLL_in and opened Magic.dll. I didn't change anything but I was curious if removing this file from the folder will fix the magic issue, and for now it did! I am surprised and still don't know how or why it fixed it (at least as of right now, I'm sure I'll find out soon if it was a permanent fix) and I also don't know if I changed something that will domino into future problems later. Just wanted to add that to my previous comment and see if I should undo what I did and take a different approach that doesn't involve removing files or if this should be the best way to resolve my issue. Please let me know if there is any further details that may be needed and I will be happy to help.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2018-09-04 01:13:23 »
Hello - I purchased this and am now just so confused. How do I change the installer directory? It only seems to want to install to C: but I have the steam game currently on my D: drive.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #45 on: 2018-09-04 20:41:23 »
Hello - I purchased this and am now just so confused. How do I change the installer directory? It only seems to want to install to C: but I have the steam game currently on my D: drive.

Sometimes, it can get caught up in the install the first time.  For some reason, it doesn't let you change the drive letter once it's tried to install it anywhere else.

EASY FIX THOUGH!  All you have to do is drag/drop the files from the FINAL FANTASY VIII/ folder it creates and move them into your correct parent /FINAL FANTASY VIII/ folder!

dethkab

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2018-09-29 23:43:40 »
Hello Mcindus,
I purchased your mod pack and I have to say I am having a blast with it.  Thanks for all the hard work you and everyone involved.   You guys truly made my re-play through that much more enjoyable.  Everything is pretty much working except for one thing: the HP limit is not breaking.  I've seen multiple forums and solutions but none have been successful.  I saw you recently created a new hext file (or whatever its called, i'm not too savy with this stuff); whatever was made to replace the .dll files.  Anyway, I still have my HP limit still set at 9999 (i tried leveling, messing with the HP+%).  I hope this is the correct place to post this.

Although this isn't exactly game breaking, I would love to have this working, especially towards end-game of my "omega extreme" run.  Looking forward to your response.  Let me know if I need to provide anything.

Thanks again!

nirrad0822

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2018-11-13 02:32:12 »
I just paid for the  MASSIVE FF8 ULTRA Lunatic Pandora Mods Pack and something happened to the cart and it glitched when completing the paypal purchase but the money went through how can I access the mod installer?

Archeia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2018-11-13 07:01:27 »
I recently donated for this mod pack but my download keeps failing. Is there a way for us to get a mirror link like a torrent or something like that? 2GB is really hard to download here  :'(

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #49 on: 2018-11-21 00:17:22 »
I just paid for the  MASSIVE FF8 ULTRA Lunatic Pandora Mods Pack and something happened to the cart and it glitched when completing the paypal purchase but the money went through how can I access the mod installer?

I recently donated for this mod pack but my download keeps failing. Is there a way for us to get a mirror link like a torrent or something like that? 2GB is really hard to download here  :'(

Email me if you haven't yet!  I can definitely get both of you set up.  I believe I've already helped nirrad, but let me know!
mcindusmods at gmail