Author Topic: gyptNEW - tutorial  (Read 102536 times)

Superpiccolo

Re: gyptNEW - tutorial
« Reply #75 on: 2008-01-16 21:48:48 »
Regardless, I think the next time I play FF VII I think I'll just play it the way its meant to be played, on the PS. (These Cosmo Issues were for my sister who is playing it on the PC).

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #76 on: 2008-01-16 22:44:56 »
AFAIK, Cosmo Canyon crash is not PC specific :P

akiomatsu

« Reply #77 on: 2008-02-07 08:25:38 »
i emailed you the file. i appreciate it if you can help. thanks :-D

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #78 on: 2008-02-07 08:28:23 »
Well, I didn't get it yet, but I can tell you know, that I can't playthrough people as I don't have FF7. I'd suggest you to post your saved game here and wait.

akiomatsu

« Reply #79 on: 2008-02-07 08:37:15 »
thanks. you are super please fix it???

bscoe247

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008-02-19 03:00:33 »
thanks! it solved my fmv problems... however, i can't use gypt on windows 98... can you please help me with these?.... please send your reply at [email protected]...

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008-02-19 21:18:40 »
Ok ok... It solved your fmv problems, but it doesn't work in windows 98? Play in the system that it worked in, then. Obviously you have some other system installed.

smilefortina

« Reply #82 on: 2008-02-25 02:24:40 »
Hi, excuse me if this sounds extremely noobish of me, but how do you run the program? My computer doesn't know what to use for the . SRB file extension. Also, do I copy over the whole patches folder & the read me into the FFVII directory? Or do I just put in the files one at a time? I'm a total noob at this... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sirvaj

« Reply #83 on: 2008-02-25 02:42:59 »
to anyone who can help me. My game freezes when Cait Sith runs away with the keystone. right after he gives the thingy to tseng and cloud runs up to him it freezes. its at the bottom stairs outside of chocobo racing. If someone would please just get past that goddamn point i would be very grateful. Just tell me and i'll send the file. unless you have an answer. i've tried every patch. not gypt tho.....and sadfully so, i have a vista. :-( :-( :-( :mrgreen:

sirvaj

« Reply #84 on: 2008-02-25 02:50:01 »
another thing i don't understand is that its not really a movie scene, its like a character scene in the regular walk around graphics.oh great. he doesnt have ff7 anymore.lol nooooooo who will i find??????????

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008-02-25 05:50:34 »
Hi, excuse me if this sounds extremely noobish of me, but how do you run the program? My computer doesn't know what to use for the . SRB file extension. Also, do I copy over the whole patches folder & the read me into the FFVII directory? Or do I just put in the files one at a time? I'm a total noob at this... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
In case you're talking about YAMP patches, read this.

to anyone who can help me. My game freezes when Cait Sith runs away with the keystone. right after he gives the thingy to tseng and cloud runs up to him it freezes. its at the bottom stairs outside of chocobo racing. If someone would please just get past that goddamn point i would be very grateful. Just tell me and i'll send the file. unless you have an answer. i've tried every patch. not gypt tho.....and sadfully so, i have a vista. :-( :-( :-( :mrgreen:
What's the exact version of your game?

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008-04-09 03:22:44 »
Oh man ignore this post, got it to work... not sure why it wasn't working before.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-09 03:54:34 by HeavensCloud »

skorp

« Reply #87 on: 2008-05-01 10:04:41 »
Hey,
I'm new and i'm french, so sorry if my english is bad

i've got a problem in ff7 game. I'm blocked in gold saucer during the date between clad and tifa.
If somebody coul save my game before the date it will be very very nice :)

I put my save on:    http://www.files-save.com/download-c847cf33c8bec85e74b4c029fa3597d6.html

Thank you

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008-05-01 11:15:53 »
Link. Post in here next time.

skorp

« Reply #89 on: 2008-05-01 11:34:06 »
Thanks a lot.
It's very nice  :-)

theleox

« Reply #90 on: 2008-05-18 18:44:48 »
t didn't worked, i dont know what i missed.

this is what i did.

1)RUN FF7
2)LOAD MY FILE (i started just before going to see the demo, i already have the 3 characters)
3)PRESSED alt + TAB
4)RUNNED gyptNEW
5)DIDN'T PRESSED REFRESH
6)PLAY THE GAME AGAIN

i don't know what went wrong or what i missed, but i didn't hear a beep either.
i guess i have to send you my SAVE.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008-05-18 22:40:51 »
Why exactly didn't you press the Refresh button?

freezingicekirby

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008-05-20 02:43:22 »
I have to say, thanks for the gypt program!  Unfortunately with Vista, it crashed like everyone said, and this miracle of a program got me past it  :-D  In both cases! I was really lucky that my game didn't freeze at Junon when Weapon attacked :-D

Thanks again!!!

Chengg

« Reply #93 on: 2008-06-06 20:59:46 »
Hey can i get some help here!!?
I had gathered my trio at cosmo canyon and was about to talk to bugenhugen for the demo,
i hit the guard button on the gypt and it shows the three names.
but when i talk to bugenhugen, it talks about nanaki's father instead of showing the demo.
How do i fix this??

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008-06-06 21:43:43 »
Hey can i get some help here!!?
I had gathered my trio at cosmo canyon and was about to talk to bugenhugen for the demo,
i hit the guard button on the gypt and it shows the three names.
but when i talk to bugenhugen, it talks about nanaki's father instead of showing the demo.
How do i fix this??
You either skip the whole scene or get it freeze at you. Your choice, can't be both.

freezingicekirby

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008-06-07 00:24:49 »
I don't know if this'll help anyone, but I found a way to fix the problem without skipping the scene. I have Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) Service Pack 1, and K-Lite Codec Pack installed on my computer.  Codec Tweak Tool came with it, and after I disabled AVIsplitter (Gabest), it fixed the two freezes, and finally made the polygon characters function correctly with the FMV's.  I also made the game read the movie's from the hard drive, so that might of helped too.  I can now go through FF7 without glitches or freezes (as far as I know).

I don't know if having AVIsplitter off all the time is bad, but I haven't seen any problem with it so far.  It's easy to turn off and on, so if it needs to be on it's not problem.

I would think this would work for everyone else too.  Tell me if it's just my system, or perhaps I just got lucky (I believe I learned about that from the people here).

Chengg

« Reply #96 on: 2008-06-07 04:37:48 »
hmm. thanks. i'll try to figure something out anw.  :-D

FM696

« Reply #97 on: 2008-07-24 17:27:36 »
First post here, so hi.

My game was hanging at cosmo canyon at the laboratory, after reading your guide, removing K Lite Codec and having gypt running, it went past it first time no problems.

So a big thank you!

FM696

« Reply #98 on: 2008-07-25 14:09:44 »
also got the crash at gold saucer on the date with aerith

gypt prevailed once more!

whoever made that program, huge thanks, again

Hobo131

« Reply #99 on: 2008-08-05 19:28:39 »
When ever i try opening the gypt file it messes up and asks me to send a report to microsoft can any one help me?