Author Topic: How far has pre-rendered background remake gone?  (Read 3969 times)

whgang99

• View Profile
How far has pre-rendered background remake gone?
« on: 2016-10-06 03:52:49 »
I played FFVII in PS1 version and now considering to get the steam version to use mods. I've seen lots of 3D graphics mods that make everything in 3D look good, but as long as pre-rendered backgrounds are pixellated, modding only 3D part doesn't improve overall graphics IMO.

I know team Avalanche is working on remaking pre-rendered backgrounds. Remaking 3D sources for all backgrounds must be an enormous task, so I don't expect a lot, but I want to know how much portion of all pre-rendered backgrounds are done.

Or are there any suggestable filtering methods that can be applied to original 320x240 backgrounds, like SE recently did for FFIX steam port? FFIX looks much better than FFVII just with filters. I want to use filters on FFVII if there are any.
I'm not interested in any other mods than that can improve those horrible pre-rendered backgrounds. I just wish not to see that pixellated backgrounds.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Re: How far has pre-rendered background remake gone?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-06 04:19:21 »
Team Avalanche stopped unfortunately but a guy named JMP434carried it on, he's done quite a few. Other than that there are enhanced backgrounds in a few mods. Using 7H you can get them

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16748.0

Heres JMP's thread

whgang99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-10-06 04:42:45 »
What about filters? I'd love just to have some filters like on FFIX. Can I get any filters for FFVII?

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #3 on: 2016-10-06 05:13:22 »
That one i don't know actually ... sorry

whgang99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-10-06 05:52:05 »
Hmm. I see. Thank you.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-10-06 09:14:49 »
What about filters? I'd love just to have some filters like on FFIX. Can I get any filters for FFVII?

FFIX doesn't use filters everything was upscaled before. However with reshade you can use filters (there are some for FFIX which should also work with FF7), but you should use reshade 2.0. While 3.0 offers a better performance, it hasn't all effects, yet.

whgang99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-10-06 14:48:27 »
Thank you. I'll search for details and decide.