Author Topic: [FF7] Game exe Converter (Discontinued, use Menu Overhaul)  (Read 54004 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
See Menu Overhaul thread.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 18:02:58 by Covarr »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Game Converter
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-13 01:44:44 »
The Touphscript formatted text for ff7.exe is already available in German and Spanish.

There may also be a problem entering the key configuration screen.
Someone reported that, when using the English .exe on the German game, there was a crash when entering the key configuration menu.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-13 02:12:56 »
Does this crash exist on the other games?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-13 04:12:05 »
OK, so I think I have it all ready now.  With Pitbrat's help and ff7.text files, I should have spanish, french and german up in no time.  Italian does not work with ts so I hear so this may take longer to decode their exe translation. Then again that is a project unto itself and doesn't it use spanish 1.03?  Which would be compatible with my mods anyway.

So next, installer.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-13 22:39:14 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-14 01:29:58 »
I need someone to translate the English.  I have used google translate for now.  Much obliged if people would clear this up.  I will also need someone to translate the readme into these languages too.  The installer is 95% done, just need Luksy's input now with touphscript, and the french/italian ff7 exe text.

En. You are responsible for your own files and I will not be held
responsible for any problems which arise. Be sure to back your
files up if you are unsure.
You agree to this by continuing.

Fr. Vous êtes responsable de vos propres fichiers et je ne vais pas être tenu pour  responsable des problèmes qui se posent. Assurez-vous de sauvegarder vos fichiers si  vous ne savez pas.
Vous vous engagez à ce en continuant.

Gr. Sie sind verantwortlich für Ihre eigenen Dateien und ich werde nicht verantwortlich für  eventuell auftretende Probleme werden. Achten Sie darauf, Ihre Dateien zu sichern,  wenn Sie unsicher sind.
Sie verpflichten sich, dies durch die Fortsetzung.

It. L'utente è responsabile per i propri file e non potrà essere ritenuto responsabile per  eventuali problemi che sorgono. Assicurarsi di eseguire il backup dei file up se non  siete sicuri.
L'utente si impegna a questa continuando.

Sp. Usted es responsable de sus propios archivos y no se hace responsable de los  problemas que se plantean. Asegúrese de realizar copias de seguridad de los archivos  para arriba si usted no está seguro.
Usted se compromete a ello, de continuar.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 01:38:24 by DLPB »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-14 03:39:58 »
My german isn't what it used to be ( and I'm german native, oh the irony ) but here we go
I modified it a little to be more 'formal' and informative. Because I automatically assume most germans have NFI what they are doing with a PC.

Sie sind selbst für Ihre Dateien verantwortlich und benutzen diese Mod auf eigene gefahr.
Ich, als Mod Author, bin nicht verantwortlich für jegliche Probleme oder Fehler die auftreten sollten nachdem diese Mod installiert wurde.
Bevor sie fortfahren, erstellen Sie ein Backup Ihrer Dateien.
Sie stimmen diesen Bedingungen automatisch zu wenn Sie fortfahren.

Unless the readme is a giant wall of text, I can look at it too but I'm not saying I'll have it done right away.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-14 03:56:23 »
Cheers.

Now Pitbrat, I need your input.  I don't understand what is going on here.

The German ff7.txt file for example.
Some of the texts go way outside of what is permitted space wise.  Is this because the german 1.02 has extra space?  Or because someone has made these ff7.txt files manually?  How has touphscript decoded soemthing it doesnt support?

I need German, French, Italian and Spanish exes (spanish 1.02)

edit:  this german one doesnt conform to the original german 1.02 exe text that is for sure.  And these text files simply cannot ever work.... some of the text is way too long.  Who has done this? touphscript will just chop off words when they go over.  Surely whoever made these realised that?

edit:

I need to speak with the person who did these...  For sure.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 04:17:08 by DLPB »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-14 04:59:24 »
I have barely any idea what you're talking about. If you need some stuff eng -> ger translated, hit me up

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-15 00:14:22 »
That's for pitbrat when he returns.  I need to know who made these ff7 text files... and I need people who want their language supported to run through their exe text and verify it line for line.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-15 00:19:20 »
Those translations are courtesy of Ugerstl.
He probably did the German translation of ff7.exe.
Google translate often produces whacky results.
Any sentient input is appreciated!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-08-15 00:33:58 »
The Spanish one may be ok (although the items for chocobo races are untouched?).  The german one needs a look at by someone.  At the moment it just isn't going to work, not least because the text is too long for some lines (see ts log) and also the name input screen tries to use german letters (and is probably all messed up).

I will not update the exes until someone competent in each language has done what I need.  So if people want their game converting they are going to have to do some work to help us.  I also need the original 1.02 for French, Spanish (Spanish 1.02 and 1.03), Italian and German.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 2012-08-15 00:46:33 »
I'm german but honestly, I can't be bothered to play in german
it's just not worth the effort

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-08-15 00:59:44 »
I'm german but honestly, I can't be bothered to play in german
it's just not worth the effort

;D  If you ever get the time, I have a german file here, all the exe text.  I'd appreciate it if someone could run through the text.  But if you cant be arsed I understand. Ideally people who whinge about not having foreign support should be helping.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 2012-08-15 01:09:50 »
If, at that point in time, nobody has done it after I finish my own hardcore mod, I'll go through it, but that's not gonna be this month.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-08-15 18:31:34 »
Game converter will support foreign games when someone who cares enough and understands the language they want to convert, helps me with the ff7 text.  Until then the converter will be released as is, and although it will convert the game, the text in ff7.exe will not be translated.  So far Spanish will be, but that is all.

Sugiura

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-08-17 15:32:37 »
Hi !  :)

I'm french with a french version of the game, may i can help you to create the french part of your Game Converter (but i'm less than a newbie in programming, is it a problem ?)

My game is an old clean version, without any mod yet.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-08-17 15:37:24 »
Hi !  :)

I'm french with a french version of the game, may i can help you to create the french part of your Game Converter (but i'm less than a newbie in programming, it's a problem ?)

My game is an old clean version, without any mod yet.

That isn't a problem at all.  What you need to do is convert all the English entries line by line to the french equivalents. Some of these may prove difficult.  You should do as much as you can.  You will probably need the game open as well.

Download this file >
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36889302/FF7/0_ff7.exe.txt

and get cracking.  You may also need to look at this, as it will help you with the various areas the text appears in:
http://goo.gl/0qk11
See the blue text titles on the right side.  It will show you where to look.

Do not make a mistake with the lines.  Do not delete lines or accidentally move them. Make sure the text corresponds exactly to the French equivalent.  Try not to make ANY typo's or mistakes.  Check through each entry 4 times from beginning to end when you have finished.

The above information applies to people who want the German game as well.  Spanish and Italian may already be done.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-17 15:42:14 by DLPB »

Rumbah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012-08-21 10:39:21 »
Is there a way to get the text out of the German exe file? Ordering them should no problem.

I do own the German version and I'm a native speaker but I do not have savegames left that are far into the game so it's hard to get to alle the places in game for me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-08-21 23:42:04 »
The only thing you can do is open the exe with a hex editor (I use hex editor neo) and look for the text.  Small letters become large.  For example, when searching for Cloud you would look for LOUD (miss the first letter).  You can also play the game for a lot of them.

If you are willing to do this for the entire exe and place the text properly (download the file above), let me know.

« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 23:44:07 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-08-22 16:20:00 »
Well are you 2 boys working on this?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012-08-22 19:13:27 »
Removed
« Last Edit: 2012-08-22 19:37:27 by Kompass63 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-08-22 19:15:19 »
The text file above and what you downloaded IS a converted english exe.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012-08-22 19:19:28 »
Then the German alphabet has lost a few letters ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012-08-22 19:33:45 »
Unfortunately yes...  the foreign games will have to work with the english alphabet for the NAMES of characters.  This probably won't be THAT big an issue though?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012-08-22 19:38:50 »
So my file is not usable for you...

sorry for the disturbance