Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008233 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's best to leave it Salk :)  Until my last days on this forum, I'm going to hold my end of the bargain and stay here and do what I like doing - mod for the betterment of FF7 players.  The mods already agreed with me yesterday that I have 3 days to remove the "offending code".

let's get this train back on the track ;)

hasteroth

• View Profile
Any ETA on merging Beacause with New Threat? Just curious cause I would absolutely love to play using both. New Threat's gameplay changes are amazing, and Beacause does so much more for the script...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's a good 6 months off for sure.

hasteroth

• View Profile
It's a good 6 months off for sure.
Oof, guess I'll just decide between this and New Threat for now and replay when they work together.

obesebear

• View Profile
Any further off topic discussion needs to be handled via private message

Xeogred

• View Profile
Hi all, probably a simple quick question, but when installing Retranslation I did not choose the Incorrect Names. I read things backwards in the readme's and would prefer the old "Reno" vs "Zeno", etc. Is there a way I can toggle this now with what's installed already? Without losing my save data or messing anything else up. (I'm not sure how this might interact with Barret being Barrett right now too since he's playable? I would prefer Barret). Or can I reinstall the mod and just select those two options (Incorrect Character/Place Names), without messing things up?

Other than that no issues and I'm digging all the other improvements.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yup, just reinstall.  Nothing will be touched apart from BASE folder.  Anything in there will go.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Oh and you'll need to revisit options.ini so maybe copy it somewhere.  Don't do that when upgrading though :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Oof, guess I'll just decide between this and New Threat for now and replay when they work together.

Do both - ;)  New Threat is more fun - New Translation is to experience original game as it was intended.

Xeogred

• View Profile
Yup, just reinstall.  Nothing will be touched apart from BASE folder.  Anything in there will go.
Thanks! Yep it worked fine. Fixed a weird issue I had with my controller rapid firing inputs too, pretty sure that was just on my end though.

Now I look forward to some of the infamous plot beats making more sense this time around.  8)

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
A tiny issue :) or a feature...
With new translation ON the slash symbol in party menu is slightly higher than original one. All mods are off.
Screens is under the spoiler
Spoiler: show

New_translation OFF

New_translation ON

Comparison

And just wonder, is it a feature of Reunion to make game brighter? Can I turn it off? Look screens:
Spoiler: show

Original game (Reunion OFF):

Reunion ON

« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 17:43:38 by Panteleimon »

pierre le fou

• View Profile
Thanks for all the hard work in making these mods. The scope of The Reunion is pretty amazing.

I have a question: I'm probably missing something pretty obvious, but when I start the game, it plays in a small window on the left-hand side of my monitor and I can't resize it at all. I've tried everything I can think of in the settings: unchecking 'full screen', unchecking 'keep aspect ratio', changing the resolution. The window's always the same size, maybe 3 inches in diameter.

It was running in fullscreen OK when I tested the game before installing the mods, so I'm assuming this is a mod thing.

Is there anything I can do to increase the size of the window while I play?

Xeogred

• View Profile
The only issue I'm having now is alignment issues with "Barrett" text boxes. I wonder if it's supposed to be Barret now with the settings I changed, but since I reinstalled Reunion mid game it wasn't able to change one of the playable characters?

Is there a way to edit his name somewhere? Think I read I might have to use a hex editor.

In Reunion | BASE | New Translation | Text | Exe.txt, I was able to find "Barret"... but not "Barrett" which is how he was named in my game. Hmm...

Anyone think this is causing the alignment issue and could there be a way to fix it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
you shouldn't use fixed length names unless you've read readme and have are starting a new game and are not changing default names.  it's intended only for very specific usage

lizardp

• View Profile
Hi!
I really like this reunion mod, however I have one issue with it that is preventing me from fully enjoying it.
In the base game, and for other mod loaders, you are allowed to select a sound device for the game to output to specifically. The sound device you select does not have to be your primary sound device. So if I wanted to listen to the game through a specific set of speakers hooked up to a distinct soundcard, in all other builds of this game, I am able to do that. Reunion specifically does not allow this, and will always target the primary soundcard for windows. If you try to change it, the second the game makes any noise at all, it will automatically switch back to the primary card. This is a bit of a frustrating issue for me, as I tend to use multiple audio devices for specific purposes regarding recording footage of games, for mixing purposes. So, simply changing my primary card during playtime is not really a desired solution.

Is there a reason why the Reunion mod does this? I cannot find any settings for this in your options.ini, the bug submission document, or really anywhere. I assume there is something in the .dll files causing this, and that's beyond my ability to modify.
Would it be possible to re-enable this feature for this mod, that the base game had in its config? This mod seems to ignore the FF7config's sound device too.

I know you do not like discussing it, but 7th Heaven also is able to set the sound device rather painlessly. I would use that, but your mod also has better audio quality than anything 7th Heaven has, and I would love to be able to experience it properly. I really wish to play this game without the low-quality crackles introduced in the base game. You seem aware of audio issues in the base game from your post history regarding this subject, and your fixes are really good too. If there is a way for this to happen, that'd be amazing.

tldr; I would like to be able to set what sound device the mod uses. Can this be done?

Xeogred

• View Profile
you shouldn't use fixed length names unless you've read readme and have are starting a new game and are not changing default names.  it's intended only for very specific usage
That's the weird thing, I installed Reunion with American English and Series Canon. It defaulted to "Barrett" when I got him so I just left it as is. Now since I reinstalled and did Incorrect Characters/Places, I think that's maybe why his textboxes are messed up now? Maybe I can take some screens later. The extra T doesn't really bother me at all, but now there's some lines I think when it's just him speaking and a letter might get bumped down to a new line or a word awkwardly broken up.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Exactly... you've already changed the name and then changed option - so they are mismatched ;)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@lizardp  It will take time to program and isn't a priority.

Xeogred

• View Profile
Exactly... you've already changed the name and then changed option - so they are mismatched ;)
Oh I get you now... yep. Third reinstall's a charm haha, made sure Fixed Length was off this time!

Phew, it's all good now.  8)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The torrent is removed awaiting R06f and an end to this circus. I also need an edit button :)

obesebear

• View Profile
Due to the current licensing issues, Reunion cannot be distributed from or linked to from Qhimm.com.

If and when the mod is brought into compliance, links will be allowed.

Discussion is still fine at this time.

lizardp

• View Profile
@lizardp  It will take time to program and isn't a priority.

Alright, that's cool and understandable. Just making you aware of it. Hope you can find time to look at it. Thanks for responding

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Priority is getting the new update released - and I'll look into sound card option side of it don't worry :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also, respectfully, I believe there is ample evidence that there are no licensing issues with R06e, but a complaint was raised and I have to obey the ruling of the moderators of this forum.

Long term, I will be looking at my own website to host The Reunion as the current situation is intolerable and unjust.  The moderators have acted in what they believe to be the best interest of the forum based on the complaint raised by a member of this forum, and I have made it absolutely clear that I am complying with their ruling on it.

I thank every fan of The Reunion for their patience in this matter and I'm sorry that we find ourselves in this position.

Dan

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
You can't just modify, link or use GPL libs as plugins and not release your code that is a VIOLATION of the GPL.  This is why there is a GPL and LGPL the LGPL you allow others to link or load. With things under the GPL if you link (and you clearly do even if you think you don't the binary doesn't lie!). or use the GPL lib as a plugin. (and you do this too) You have to comply with the licensing. IMHO Part of the problem is you don't understand or wont admit you are wrong in this case. Even if not linking your still in violation as your proprietary application is loading GPL plugins. (see the link below)

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#NFUseGPLPlugins