Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2428172 times)

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2125 on: 2014-04-06 21:45:09 »
thank you very much, that explains a lot, I feel secure now that it isn't error. And I will look through the package board, thanks for that.

though I still have the question of why the Tifa and Yuffie field models are not installed properly, I selected AC Style Grimmy for both but both turned up in PRP classic, those two are the only ones to have AC style so does that have something to do with it?

I also reinstalled the whole again last night, this time I saved the log with the errors so I will post it here too

Code: [Select]
blin67_2 patch failed, not original script
chrin_2 patch failed, not original script
cosin1_1 patch failed, not original script
ealin_2 patch failed, not original script
elmin4_2 patch failed, not original script
elminn_1 patch failed, not original script
games_2 patch failed, not original script
gongaga patch failed, not original script
goson patch failed, not original script
kuro_4 patch failed, not original script
lastmap patch failed, not original script
min51_1 patch failed, not original script
psdun_2 patch failed, not original script

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: 2014-04-07 01:22:46 »
I also reinstalled the whole again last night, this time I saved the log with the errors so I will post it here too

Code: [Select]
blin67_2 patch failed, not original script
chrin_2 patch failed, not original script
cosin1_1 patch failed, not original script
ealin_2 patch failed, not original script
elmin4_2 patch failed, not original script
elminn_1 patch failed, not original script
games_2 patch failed, not original script
gongaga patch failed, not original script
goson patch failed, not original script
kuro_4 patch failed, not original script
lastmap patch failed, not original script
min51_1 patch failed, not original script
psdun_2 patch failed, not original script
As I thought, these are all patches of touphScript.
But they only work with the old English flevel.lgp.

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: 2014-04-07 01:53:32 »
thanks, so does that mean they are not important? they don't affect my mod choices in the end?

also, anyone got a clue about the Tifa and Yuffie's field model not installing properly? those two are my favourite

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: 2014-04-07 02:16:13 »
On the appearance of the models is that probably have no influence, only on that what they do or say.
touphScript can be found here.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2129 on: 2014-04-07 04:24:16 »
STEP 10 says to ignore the toughscript errors. They come from Menu Overhaul and DLPB's readme says to ignore them. They won't cause any issues.

I'm not sure what to say about the Tifa and Yuffie models. The Bootleg log clearly shows both the battle and field models being extracted and installed correctly. Perhaps they just don't appear how you thought they would? They do have a similar appearance to the PRP versions, with the hair and face being the noticeable difference.

ff7_mania7777

• View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: 2014-04-07 05:21:24 »
Hello. First off, thank you for this tutorial...I bought the game and have been using other tutorials trying to mod it and have been failing miserably until I found this one. Everything seems to be working fine, and I'm completely excited...the only thing is that for some reason it won't load the full screen. Here's what I think is the relevant part of the applog:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.3316
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 64, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!

I read over the FAQ and didn't see anything about a fullscreen error...Also, When looking in the applog I noticed it also says it couldn't open the ff7input, which i'm guessing has something to do with the game's controls. I managed to sort of figure them out in the numberpad, but is there some way to make it so I can use the other parts of the keyboard? this is less of an issue though...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: 2014-04-07 06:21:51 »
1. You're running on Intel HD Graphics. Check the FAQ on how to fix that.

2. Open Bootloader Configure and set the screen resolution equal to your desktop resolution. Fullscreen will default to 640x480 if they aren't equal.

3. Numpad uses the default controls. Start a game and change the controls under Config in the Menu.

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: 2014-04-07 07:37:03 »
I'm not sure what to say about the Tifa and Yuffie models. The Bootleg log clearly shows both the battle and field models being extracted and installed correctly. Perhaps they just don't appear how you thought they would? They do have a similar appearance to the PRP versions, with the hair and face being the noticeable difference.

actually, they are fair bit different, the AC styles are more refined and less blocky, with different colours and facial structures. whereas the PRP versions are just like the unmodded battle models, less blocky than the original field models but still blocky and the colours are more original looking.

for example:

AC style (what I selected)
http://s689.photobucket.com/user/grimmy307/media/ScreenShot003-5.jpg.html?t=1332544749

PRP style (what I got)
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7992/yuffieprpclassic.png

so it bothers me that everything else installs right except these 2, anyone else have any idea how to fix that? much appreciated.

ff7_mania7777

• View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: 2014-04-07 20:39:28 »
Your suggestions worked! Thank you very much!

strife

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: 2014-04-08 02:34:24 »
EQ2Alyza thank you for this wonderful mod.

I have installed everything right (I hope :D )and the game looks really beautiful.

I have only one question:I have installed italian language,but if I want to take back english i have to reinstall all the modded file,running bootleg?Or maybe I can patch over only the language files?

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: 2014-04-08 08:06:32 »
I want to ask one thing. Why achievements dont appear? I gained 17 achievement but just 3 appear.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: 2014-04-08 11:33:05 »
I told you that you wont get achievements anymore. It's all handled through the FF7Launcher.exe. Possible that with some changes on the old FF7.exe, the old one could be used with it. But I do nothing know about hex editing and I doubt that the persons, who know about these stuff, will investigate it.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-08 19:14:52 by Kaldarasha »

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: 2014-04-08 12:05:42 »
I know this might sound bothersome but would any one be able to test the AC style field models for Tifa and Yuffie? I just can't get those 2 to show up, the battle models work but the field models appear as PRP models, if any one can help with that, then I thank you in advance.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: 2014-04-08 12:37:38 »
I told you that you wont get achievements anymore. It's all handled through the FF7Launcher.exe. Possible that with some changes on the old FF7.exe, the old one could be used with it. But I do nothing know about hex editing and I doubt that the interest of the persons, who know about these stuff, will investigate it.

Whatever, I will play with no gain achievement and when I finished I start with no mod.

shwikkaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: 2014-04-08 14:09:53 »
The patch is designed to change an installation with Bootleg.
That someone Covarrs ff7music_install_15112 used then, I have not considered.
I'm afraid you've deleted all the music files ...

Within the folder "Ficedula" itself should be located 26 files and minimum of three folders (Fake_MIDI, mad, plugins).
Other folders (FF7_PFS, OSTRe, AnxiousHeart, ...) should contain the music files if no other folders, you only have one set of music.

Start "FF7music.exe" in the folder "Ficedula", click on "Configure", click on the tab "Files", click the arrow next to the box "Profile" and select there "Rerelease".
Save it and close FF7Music completely.

If you have the file "OSTRe.7z", you can also unpack this music into the folder "Ficedula" and use this profile.

I downloaded the OST Remastered music (couldn't find any Rerelease file under the big list of mods), unpacked it into the Fidecula file, ran the FF7 music program, and selected the profile before saving and exiting then exiting the music program. However, when I run the game through bootloader, there's still no music. I start a new game, the cut scene starts, and within 3 seconds, it's just dead silence.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: 2014-04-08 18:56:56 »
I know this might sound bothersome but would any one be able to test the AC style field models for Tifa and Yuffie? I just can't get those 2 to show up, the battle models work but the field models appear as PRP models, if any one can help with that, then I thank you in advance.

I'll check it sometime this week.

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: 2014-04-09 08:42:03 »
I'll check it sometime this week.

thank you, on a related note, I got to finding Yuffie normally without teleporting but it's still the same as before, I get to attack her once and then the battle would freeze, the music still runs but nothing else change anymore and I have to shut it down. I noticed that when I got into the battle with Yuffie, her shuriken is wobbling slightly constantly, and when she attacks (that's when it freezes) the shuriken doesn't leave her hand even though she's throwing it. Not sure whether this is useful or not, but the last time (when I was teleporting) the same thing happened with the freezing and her shuriken wobbling.

the mods I have related to her are:

AC Style (Grimmy) for both field and battle models, and I recall in the log that a mod for her weapons was also installed though I'm not sure what it's part of as I don't see the option for her weapons in BFE.

on a side note, on the world map, Cloud's field model see to change from TA Bloodshot Edit (which I installed, and worked fine in normal places) to one with a buster sword model, due to the size I can't identify which model it changed to, just wondering what causes that. I recall reading about something like that on another board here that some bugs within bootleg causes certain mods to be installed no matter what you select (Highwind for eg, as it will install HD Highwind even if you select the basic one), could that be the cause? And could that be what causes the problem with Tifa and Yuffie?

Also, just curious, what mods do other people have installed that still allow them to get Yuffie normally? I know I can hack her into the party but I don't want to risk it. Thanks in advance, sorry about the long post.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #2142 on: 2014-04-09 18:51:22 »
Hey guys, I installed the Reasonable Difficulty mod but the wrong enemies are showing in the wrong places. I fought Demon Wall in the Sleeping Forest area for example. (That's just one of many....)

Is something wrong with the core files? What can I do to keep the difficulty mod but just have enemies show up in the right places?

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: 2014-04-10 07:50:49 »
hi, something else that showed up kinda weird but when I went to Gold Saucer, Dio had a white bag on his back, not sure whether that was added on but he also had NO BODY, just his head, arms and legs with the bag behind him, is this recorded?

edit:
last night I encountered something else, when Shera was recalling how Cid shut down the Rocket to save her, the 30 second count down seem to glitch and after it's over, the music still runs but nothing else does. I skipped it with teleporting and go back to Cid's house, the scene continued as if she just finished recalling and proceeded onwards normally. Not sure whether this is recorded or not, just thought I'd point it out.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-10 21:25:29 by DoomWingAngel »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: 2014-04-11 08:03:52 »
Hi everybody ! A little problem here..
Before, when I just installed bootleg, I had in the interface items colored, and it wasd vey pleasant.
Now, I have a Reunion install, and I added bootleg files to have both( I mean I copy magic, field and worl folders from my bootleg install to the Reunion folder ), and it perfectly works.
My only issue is that I lost the colored items interface in the menu. And I can't find in the big list of mods the post to it.
Can someone tell me how having it ?
Thanks by advance

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: 2014-04-11 20:18:08 »

I tested and got the same results. Bootleg installs correctly, so I checked the mods themselves and found they were missing their field files. Tifa was also missing her world and chocobo models. I'll get the update on them soon and edit this post when I have done it.

EDIT: I updated the links in STEP 8 to include the missing files for JKA Tifa and JKA Yuffie (aka Grimmy AC Tifa/Yuffie).

You can either wait for the update and run Bootleg again as it was, no changes, or you can manually edit in the files by doing the following:
  • Download this tool: HERE
  • Download the models (JKA Tifa, JKA Yuffie) from The Big List of Mods: HERE
  • Open the tool and select Unlgp char.lgp, Unlgp world_us.lgp, Unlgp chocobo.lgp
  • Extract the files from the downloaded models into the correct folders --- Field -> char.lgp, World -> world.lgp, Chocobo -> chocobo.lgp
  • Use the tool again and select Rebuild char.lgp, Rebuild world.lgp, Rebuild chocobo.lgp
What I had done accidentally was include only the battle model fixes that caused the game to crash in an older version. I didn't put in the field, world, and chocobo models when I did this.

Hi everybody ! A little problem here..
Before, when I just installed bootleg, I had in the interface items colored, and it wasd vey pleasant.
Now, I have a Reunion install, and I added bootleg files to have both( I mean I copy magic, field and worl folders from my bootleg install to the Reunion folder ), and it perfectly works.
My only issue is that I lost the colored items interface in the menu. And I can't find in the big list of mods the post to it.
Can someone tell me how having it ?
Thanks by advance

Sorry but you'll have to figure that out on your own. The purpose of this thread is to help those with Bootleg specific problems. I can't help if other mods packs are being mixed together when they are meant to be separate.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-13 03:05:55 by EQ2Alyza »

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: 2014-04-11 21:29:46 »
thanks, I will try and see if I can work it out, otherwise I will wait for an update. Is it going to be long though?

I also found out that not able to recruit Yuffie the normal way and just hacking her into the party will also not trigger the Wutai side quest where she steals your materias, though the pagoda fights still trigger properly, and so do the gold saucer date. Not sure what causes the freeze during the mystery ninja fight, is it related to any of the mods for her models?

Loving your work, thanks for all your help so far.

Edit:
found a vid on youtube by someone who also encountered the problem with recruiting Yuffie, people seem to think that it's caused by that particular Yuffie model, is that the case?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGEd0JJxfwo

and another thing, Aeris Revival option seems to not work, as I selected it as to be installed but Aeris still was unavailable after her death scene, I have to physically re-add her to the team afterwards.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-13 06:58:27 by DoomWingAngel »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: 2014-04-13 03:08:27 »
thanks, I will try and see if I can work it out, otherwise I will wait for an update. Is it going to be long though?

I also found out that not able to recruit Yuffie the normal way and just hacking her into the party will also not trigger the Wutai side quest where she steals your materias, though the pagoda fights still trigger properly, and so do the gold saucer date. Not sure what causes the freeze during the mystery ninja fight, is it related to any of the mods for her models?

Loving your work, thanks for all your help so far.

If I can get access to a save file that isn't touched by Black Chocobo, then I can test it out. I'd prefer it to be around a forest area prior to the Mystery Ninja fight if possible.

C-Sharp

• View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: 2014-04-13 21:25:42 »
Just bought FFVII from steam, followed word to word to the last part of the instruction.
Everything turns out good except for one thing, the prelude credit is not the Grimmy Tifa prelude credit as I selected.
Can you show me how to fix this?

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: 2014-04-13 21:28:11 »
thanks, but I tend not to make more than 1 saves and have already reached Icicle Inn, maybe if I try with my other computer I will have a new save file that I can send you, but that might take a few days of time to reach there.

Since I've played through that part of the story a few years back, I still remember it, and I just added the missed items and material with black chocobo.

but I will let you know if I get there on my other computer.

thanks for the offer though, really appreciate it.