Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079271 times)

Cleanshooter

• "You spoony bard!"
    • View Profile
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #450 on: 2009-07-29 20:54:08 »
Hey new guy hear but I have been following your forum post for a few months and I thought it was dead when I was reading it last.  I was so happy to know this is still alive and going.  I was even more excited to find out you are considering adding new enemies (ultimate bosses to the game). 

FFVII is hands down the best game I have ever played.  Lots of good memories and every time I play it I get more out of it. 

I am soooo glad you made this mod last time I played it I was maxed out LVL 99  went to the final boss and was completely let down  :cry: .  I am using other mods with this one and have a made an installation instruction guide based on a torrent I found (I own the game just torrented the mod collection don't worry)  If anyone would like a copy of the instructions let me know.

Right now I am on disk two huge material quest and am having trouble with those damn 1st Class Soldiers at Corel, but don't give me hints I love the challenge(gonna try confuse all next). 

I found a couple of problems along the way:
1. One of the random enemy groups outside Gongaga (sp) with with the earth/based, berserk casting thing (sorry it's been a while and I forgot the name) places one of the enemies right in front Cloud.  Not sure this is happening I think I have a current version of the your mod (I think) , it might also be becasue of the other mods I have installed. 
2. The battle with Jenova-Death gets messed-up if you start using reflect or mighty guard I'm not sure which.  It seems like the damage order get messed up, it was very strange...  When he hits you it forms a barrier on you?  Is this intended, I am pretty sure that you didn't want the enemy to put good status things on you?  Also his fire based attacks are no longer fire based (red light I think) the only one that was still fire based was magic breath also unsure if this was intentional.

Again congratulations on the great work!  I know you be out of town until the 17th enjoy your VA K. 

Ideas for new bosses: 

I really like your idea of adding a Hojo-like boss.  I really think that you should put him or something else in Midgar only available after 3rd disk, it would be an outstanding place to hide an "unbeatable".  Something like a a non-Jenova (because the reunion already happened) Hojo clone born from an extreme Mako bath or something bad-ass like that.  I'm not sure where exactly yet once I get back inside I'll give you some ideas.

I had another idea but it's gone... I'll post again when I remember.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #451 on: 2009-07-30 01:24:38 »
Yeah I know 'bout those bugs. They are fixed but not released yet. There were other bugs as well, and as far as I know, there shouldn't be anything left.

The biggest bug in the current release is on the phoenix boss. You kinda can't kill them lol.

When I say a boss like Hojo I mean an encounter that doesn't end after you've killed the 1st enemies. The hojo battle is actually 3 encounters ya know.

The final release wont be released 'til the end of august or later. This will be the final release. I feel there are enough modding tools available for anyone to make a mod like this one without too much trouble.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #452 on: 2009-07-31 02:57:15 »
The final release wont be released 'til the end of august or later. This will be the final release. I feel there are enough modding tools available for anyone to make a mod like this one without too much trouble.

oh man! i can hardly w8! a final release! wo0t!

Karifean

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2009-07-31 11:27:50 »
I feel there are enough modding tools available for anyone to make a mod like this one without too much trouble.

Uh good... but how do you make special encounters like the SOLDIER-Trio when picking up that codecard in the ShinRa-Building. I know that you have to insert BATTLE(00,xx,xx) into meteor and then replace the old flevel.lgp with the new one, but how do you determine what formation ID to use where the x's are?

I tried it like the following: Scene 1 contains Formation ID 0000 to 0003 - for testing I just edited one of its enemies and put it into the third formation i.e. 0002. Then i wrote BATTLE(00,02,00) into the right space in Meteor. It didn't work...

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #454 on: 2009-08-02 03:03:33 »
I feel there are enough modding tools available for anyone to make a mod like this one without too much trouble.

Uh good... but how do you make special encounters like the SOLDIER-Trio when picking up that codecard in the ShinRa-Building. I know that you have to insert BATTLE(00,xx,xx) into meteor and then replace the old flevel.lgp with the new one, but how do you determine what formation ID to use where the x's are?

I tried it like the following: Scene 1 contains Formation ID 0000 to 0003 - for testing I just edited one of its enemies and put it into the third formation i.e. 0002. Then i wrote BATTLE(00,02,00) into the right space in Meteor. It didn't work...

Hmmm... I've might have given you wrong info. Try 1 instead of 0 in the 1st param (01,02,00).

If this doesn't work, then you need to tell me exactly what's wrong. Does the game crash or hang? Or is the wrong encounter that occurs?  You are right 'bout the formation IDs. But only if the 1st param is correct (1 or 0 which I don't remember  :-P).

teggeta

« Reply #455 on: 2009-08-07 03:37:49 »
I found a couple of problems along the way:
1. One of the random enemy groups outside Gongaga (sp) with with the earth/based, berserk casting thing (sorry it's been a while and I forgot the name) places one of the enemies right in front Cloud.  Not sure this is happening I think I have a current version of the your mod (I think) , it might also be becasue of the other mods I have installed. 

Again congratulations on the great work!  I know you be out of town until the 17th enjoy your VA K. 

That was the Grand Horn enemy, and I've experienced this also. It spawns right in front of cloud with his back to him, and it always spawns with a gobiln, and I think Gagighandi.

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2009-08-10 13:36:16 »
The end of August or later?  Durnit, I just managed to get my discs working, too.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2009-08-11 02:24:05 »

I've tried the current version of this mod, its hard, lol. I've played ff7 so many times and I tend to rush the story, this mod is forcing me to slow down and train alot more, which is a good thing really...

oldtimeplayer

« Reply #458 on: 2009-08-13 10:48:22 »
I personally feel that if Chocobo Weapon is to be implemented into the game, he should be impossible to beat.  After you deal out X damage to him he immediately destroys your party  AND ERASES ALL YOUR SAVES!!!
hah, is that all?? I think he should blow your computer up and burn your house down  :-o  :evil: :-D

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2009-08-14 19:27:19 »
hah, is that all?? I think he should blow your computer up and burn your house down  :-o  :evil: :-D

I think that instead, Chocobo weapon should have 2 million HP, and deal out 2 million HP damage, but those 2 million should be spread out across 2 million battles, one occuring each step Cloud takes, (after a certain time.)  Sort of a punishment for taking too long, if you will.

It would ruin the game for people for several months.  Especially if they haven't saved for a while, and are about 400 steps from a save point, or the world map.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #460 on: 2009-08-15 00:27:08 »

I think that instead, Chocobo weapon should have 2 million HP, and deal out 2 million HP damage, but those 2 million should be spread out across 2 million battles, one occuring each step Cloud takes, (after a certain time.)  Sort of a punishment for taking too long, if you will.

It would ruin the game for people for several months.  Especially if they haven't saved for a while, and are about 400 steps from a save point, or the world map.

i think... he should PWN ur party sooo bad and give u EVERY status effect (like bad breath)... but except that attack does like 999,999 damage AND give u a virus on the computer, lmao jk  :-P

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2009-08-15 01:43:41 »
um... you guys are weird  :lol:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2009-08-15 02:00:21 »

That's a very evil suggestion. Kudos to you :evil:

i think... he should PWN ur party sooo bad and give u EVERY status effect (like bad breath)... but except that attack does like 999,999 damage AND give u a virus on the computer, lmao jk  :-P

Hey, I think it should give you status effects IRL!

um... you guys are weird  :lol:

You sound surprised :?

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2009-08-15 02:15:28 »

I can see it now!  "I was playing FF7 with a hardcore patch applied and was fighting a new enemy when it hit me with Bio2 and I had to be taken into the emergency room."

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #464 on: 2009-08-15 02:15:35 »
hah, is that all?? I think he should blow your computer up and burn your house down  :-o  :evil: :-D

I think that instead, Chocobo weapon should have 2 million HP, and deal out 2 million HP damage, but those 2 million should be spread out across 2 million battles, one occuring each step Cloud takes, (after a certain time.)  Sort of a punishment for taking too long, if you will.

It would ruin the game for people for several months.  Especially if they haven't saved for a while, and are about 400 steps from a save point, or the world map.

That's a very evil suggestion. Kudos to you :evil:

i think... he should PWN ur party sooo bad and give u EVERY status effect (like bad breath)... but except that attack does like 999,999 damage AND give u a virus on the computer, lmao jk  :-P

um... you guys are weird  :lol:

You sound surprised :?

haha, imagine... confusion (you'll be spinning around in circles IRL) haha

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2009-08-15 02:17:59 »

I can see it now!  "I was playing FF7 with a hardcore patch applied and was fighting a new enemy when it hit me with Bio2 and I had to be taken into the emergency room."

Now that's what I call hardcore mode!

Like a record, baby!

That link isn't to meatspin, BTW. I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed :roll:
« Last Edit: 2009-08-15 02:19:39 by Kudistos Megistos »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2009-08-15 02:20:53 »

Like a record, baby!

That link isn't to meatspin, BTW. I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed :roll:

So the way to get that guy to stop singing is to hit him over the head with the Buster Sword?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2009-08-15 02:22:55 »
Yes.  :-P

BTW, it's just occurred to me that Pete Burns has hair like Zack in that vid.

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2009-08-15 02:31:33 »
I was actually surprised the link wasn't meatspin.  :o

Silly interbutts, deadening me inside.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2009-08-15 02:41:54 »

Yeah, sorry. I might have posted it, but I think gjoerulv and Halkun will already be angry with me for going so off-topic :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #470 on: 2009-08-15 02:47:40 »

Yeah, sorry. I might have posted it, but I think gjoerulv and Halkun will already be angry with me for going so off-topic :-D

just as long as you go back on-topic... so yeah... chocobo weapon huh? lol its image looks weird/funny  :lol:

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2009-08-15 02:53:45 »
That's still off-topic because it isn't a part of the Hardcore Mod.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #472 on: 2009-08-15 03:04:34 »
That's still off-topic because it isn't a part of the Hardcore Mod.

ah. i apologize then for that  :oops:

teggeta

« Reply #473 on: 2009-08-15 19:47:38 »
Finally beat the Kujata boss at lvl 40. Just open with Bahamut and use ???? and you should kill him during your first turn if your hp is low enough. Once he's out of the way you don't have to worry about physical attacks and Odin+magic hammer and after their MP is gone they just stand there and you can pound on 'em until they die. Magic hammer still owns :-P

BTW exactly where do you encounter the Mt. Nibel dragons?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-15 20:38:49 by teggeta »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2009-08-15 23:55:01 »
BTW exactly where do you encounter the Mt. Nibel dragons?

I believe they're in the caves (at Mount Nibel obviously).  They're evil.  I once encountered one that used Comet2 on me.  That strikes for six times in this mod, not four.