Author Topic: Hey guys, have you had any problems accessing Qhimm lately?  (Read 5782 times)

Mako

• View Profile
Hey just wanted to know if its just me or is anyone else is having DNS errors trying to access the site (qhimm). If it were my host I would want to know right away:/. Just seems like its happening today more than usual.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I was having that for a while. Then I stopped using Google DNS, and it's worked perfectly ever since.

Mako

• View Profile
I was using Yahoo at the time.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
I haven't had any problems, but I'm not sure which DNS I've been using.  I'm also guessing that's why the forums have been dead the past few days

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I've had no issues, Comcast DNS

Costa07

• View Profile
I been getting them errors every now and then too. But im using google so maybe thats the problem like covarr said

Mako

• View Profile
Well when I am at werk I use Yahoo (not by choice) and was receiving the error...But now I am using google and no issue here...I also can't seem to replicate the problem, but there was a time earlier today were I could not access the site for about 20min maybe more.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I doubt you're using yahoo for your DNS, since yahoo doesn't offer DNS lookup services.

Mako

• View Profile
Your also assuming its a DNS lookup service it could be a number of issues including just on my end. As stated here...

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4965063_what-dns-error.html

I doubt you're using yahoo for your DNS
Also could explain why I can't replicate the issue, maybe I was using google when it happed (and just took note when using google) as it seems to be fine for now...

« Last Edit: 2010-09-26 09:06:02 by Mako »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Yeah, I get 'server cannot be found' every now and then. I just refresh and it works.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys, have you had any problems accessing Qhimm lately?
« Reply #10 on: 2010-09-26 11:27:10 »
Been fine for me.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-09-26 11:27:30 »
I'm having no issues at all.  I've occasionally had trouble with other sites, but I don't think there's any relationship there :P

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-09-26 17:10:51 »
Yeah, I get 'server cannot be found' every now and then. I just refresh and it works.
i have this as well, and i have had it for quite sometime. My ISP is charter, and i dont use a 3rd party DNS.

Tuxedo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-09-26 20:18:52 »

I get this as well except a simple refresh doesn't solve the problem, I usually have to wait around 10 minutes to access the site again.

Bosque

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-09-27 03:50:21 »

I get this as well except a simple refresh doesn't solve the problem, I usually have to wait around 10 minutes to access the site again.

This.