Author Topic: [FF7/FF8/Squaresoft Games] texture conversion - Vincent Tim (1.2.1)  (Read 11975 times)

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
So like qt-lzs, I publish my own tool to work with tim and tex formats.

Download on GitHub

The main purpose of this command-line tool is to export and reimport a texture image to be able to modify this texture with an image editor.
But it is also possible to convert tim <=> tex, and to search and extract tim files from a file.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-12 10:06:13 by myst6re »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
So like qt-lzs, I publish my own tool to work with tim and tex formats.

Download on SourceForge
Contribute on GitHub

The main purpose of this command-line tool is to export and reimport a texture image to be able to modify this texture with an image editor.
But it is also possible to convert tim <=> tex, and to search and extract tim files from a file.

This is the tool I wish I had for the past year... lol  AMAZING.
If I'm going to extract a .tim or .tex from the .exe and try to re-insert it, am I going to have problems because the .exe wants to be exactly the same size?  I'm a nub and can barely wrap my head around command line, so forgive me if I sound ignorant.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
If I'm going to extract a .tim or .tex from the .exe and try to re-insert it, am I going to have problems because the .exe wants to be exactly the same size?  I'm a nub and can barely wrap my head around command line, so forgive me if I sound ignorant.

You will probably have some problems if you insert larger data in an executable.

Sorry, but it seems that Vincent Tim 1.0 doesn't work correctly, here are the list of known bugs:
  • Alpha is not exported with the palette (already fixed for the next version)
  • Modified pngs are not imported correctly, especially if the palette in the 8-bit png was modified or removed by the image editor

It will be fixed soon.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
So I have a beta version for the 1.1: Vincent Tim 1.1b
Now export/modify/import a tex file should work correctly.

A 8-bit PNG must remain a 8-bit PNG, with the same indexes, it does not work otherwise. It is possible to edit the palette by editing the *.palette.png file.

This is a beta, all ideas and suggestions are welcome :)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-31 21:10:07 by myst6re »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Please make a gui version when you have time. I'm having difficulty working with command line. Thanks!

Roden

• View Profile
Please make a gui version when you have time. I'm having difficulty working with command line. Thanks!
Seconded.. Yeah, it doesn't really work for me... Does anyone know how to use it? It converts the tim into PNGs well enough, but when I try to get the png back into the tim. All I can get out of it is "QImage::pixelIndex: Not applicable for 32-bpp images (no palette)" even though the palette is right there and I provided the argument..

C:\ff7\tim\font\a>tim --if png --of tim -p 0 --input-path-palette ff7.tim.palette.png ff7.tim.0.png test

All I want to do is insert a new tim for windows.bin - is there an easy tool out there for this?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Minor update (v1.2.1), changelog:

• Support for RGBA32 *.tex files
  • Fix bad palette detection in tim files
  • Show found indexes in auto detection mode
  • Better error messages

Download here: https://github.com/myst6re/vincent-tim/releases/tag/v1.2.1