Author Topic: mod to adjust chocobo racing prizes  (Read 2903 times)

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
mod to adjust chocobo racing prizes
« on: 2018-02-02 17:18:16 »
Is it possible or one already exists?

In my balance mod, I have the precious watch and chocobracelet modified so they increase AP growth, so I have an armour with 4 triple grow slots, and one with 8 double grow slots.

These are rare, but I think they too rare, they can only appear as the rare prize and that prize very rarely spawns on a 1-2 result.

I want to remove stuff like potion as a prize from S class, and make it so either the rare prizes only rotate between a few items, or allow these 2 armours to appear as more common prizes.

Kefka

• View Profile
Re: mod to adjust chocobo racing prizes
« Reply #1 on: 2018-02-02 20:11:09 »
I don't know about a mod, but you can do it with Makou Reactor. In the field crcin_1, go to the 'dic' function. At the bottom of its Main script, you'll find the code for adding the race prizes.

EDIT: Wait, I was wrong. Those are just the ones that Ester gives to you after you win several races in the S-class. The regular prizes are in the Cloud function in Script 4.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-02 21:04:15 by Kefka »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-02-04 09:01:50 »
ok thank you, I will try to find that tool and look for what you said.

I think I am in the right place, loads of reference to labels and some text about accepting GP, but I dont know what to edit, and what the labels are referencing, do you have an idea a way to match the labels to specific prizes?

Ok I found you can expand the tree, which shows more of what is going on, but I think this script is after the race has done, not the script that runs on the chocobo selection screen pre race?
« Last Edit: 2018-02-04 09:27:07 by Chrysalis »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-02-04 20:05:20 »
Yep, that's for receiving the prizes after the race, although it doesn't seem to differentiate between the various race classes. Not really sure where that information is stored... The pre-race screen is part of the minigame I think (it's not a field file and therefore cannot be edited with Makou Reactor).

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-02-06 15:05:23 »
yeah so I can do things like swap out what the game displays as a potion in the mini game screen for say a counter materia.  Its something.    This solution would show the original prize on the race screen, but the new prize on the results dialogue.