Author Topic: - Cactuar -  (Read 4419 times)

-gone away-

• View Profile
- Cactuar -
« on: 2006-02-04 19:48:00 »
Just thought this was kinda cool - take a looksy at the nice hidden element on cactuar. And no i didn't put it there, it seems to be the only creature that has it.

http://www.geocities.com/b_smithie/screeny.jpg

And yes that list down side has duplicates removed  :D . Edit's the entire folder & saves out correctly too.

This version will be up for download as soon as i work out annoying little naggle with the win/steal percentage. It wont round up correctly at the moment :x.

Also does anyone have a better name for the hidden element, because hidden doesn't exactly give people much idea what it does.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
- Cactuar -
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-05 01:20:06 »
“Non-Elemental”.

L. Spiro

-gone away-

• View Profile
- Cactuar -
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-05 03:19:08 »
Quote from: L. Spiro
“Non-Elemental”.

Heh, good point.
Guess i didn't think of that one because i already had a "No-Element"(Now changed to nothing).

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
- Cactuar -
« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-05 20:29:27 »
Is that the "element" where if you link an elemental materia with a non-element materia (like say ultima), then it acts just like an element in regaurds to offence/defence when the cratures has "hidden" as say, a weakness or attack?  Terrance Ferguson's enemy mechanics has several creatures listeed with the "hidden" element that are like this.

also, cant wait for this tool to be released!

-gone away-

• View Profile
- Cactuar -
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-05 23:10:07 »
Is that the "element" where if you link an elemental materia with a non-element materia (like say ultima), then it acts just like an element in regaurds to offence/defence when the cratures has "hidden" as say, a weakness or attack?

Yep.

Terrance Ferguson's enemy mechanics has several creatures listeed with the "hidden" element that are like this.

The ones that are listed attack with the hidden element im pretty sure, this is the only creature ive found that actually defend's against it. It surprised me that one did.

I should be able to get the editor up tonight, ive gotta go get new tires for my car right now, then i'll come back and fix it. a float value of say 7.56 currently will not round up to 8 when converted over to an int for some reason at the moment. This is when editing the win steal percentage.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
- Cactuar -
« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-06 03:23:20 »
(int) I = (int)(((float)F + 0.5f));

L. Spiro

-gone away-

• View Profile
- Cactuar -
« Reply #6 on: 2006-02-06 08:08:17 »
Quote from: L. Spiro
(int) I = (int)(((float)F + 0.5f));

Yea, i should've just done that, instead i used the <math.h> RoundUp function... ah well. I didn't realise i didn't need a precise round up. heh.
I also forgot that i had to filter out character key's from the text boxes, so i had to do that too.

Ive been dying to upload this all day but have been busy... which is unusual because im usually never busy. So ill be putting up the links to download now.

I always feel soo stupid whenever someone gives such a simple solution

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
- Cactuar -
« Reply #7 on: 2006-02-06 11:50:43 »
cool, looks like to is progressing very well.

ZeroX3934

- Cactuar -
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-18 19:11:34 »
Cool, how did u bring that up?  Is it a mod? If so how do I get it?

italo gangsta

- Cactuar -
« Reply #9 on: 2006-03-18 22:34:12 »
i beleive he is working on it now and he is fixing few bugs befor relese