• View Profile
Re: FF7 technical info?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-04 22:30:51 »

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-04 22:53:40 »
Since Halkun's links don't seem to work for me, try this link instead. This is a rar file I found years ago, somewhere... ...Credit goes to Qhimm, The Saint, Tony Nillson, Terrence Fergusson & Doom Guru.

Those text files helped me a lot in modifying the game before NFITC1's WallMarket & Heidegger / Proud Clod were released.

EDIT : please disregard the weird stuff I added to the AccessoriesNames.txt ^^; I typed this years ago, and the accessories in my mod underwent further changes anyways (and yeah, I'm still working on the mod...).

And on a side note, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked Saga Frontier.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-04 23:22:11 by Armorvil »

Beloved.Wyatt

« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-11 19:33:49 »
Since Halkun's links don't seem to work for me, try this link instead. This is a rar file I found years ago, somewhere... ...Credit goes to Qhimm, The Saint, Tony Nillson, Terrence Fergusson & Doom Guru.

Those text files helped me a lot in modifying the game before NFITC1's WallMarket & Heidegger / Proud Clod were released.

EDIT : please disregard the weird stuff I added to the AccessoriesNames.txt ^^; I typed this years ago, and the accessories in my mod underwent further changes anyways (and yeah, I'm still working on the mod...).

And on a side note, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked Saga Frontier.

Thanks for this! (The thanks goes out to everyone.) This will surely help me on my project.

@Armorvil
  I love SaGa Frontier and most of the SaGa games for that matter. The games are some of the most balanced. Someone should really finish translating the Romancing SaGas. =/

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-29 15:46:55 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:08:36 by Jenova's Witness »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-29 23:22:12 »
How does FF7 script events?

Have a look at these two wiki pages:

http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Field/Script

http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Field/Script/Opcodes

Looking at event scripts in the field files using meteor or makou reactor might be helpful as well.

It may be a little impenetrable if you have no programming experience.

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-31 08:18:41 »
Akari has lots of valuable info in the q-gears source tree:
http://q-gears.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/q-gears/trunk/reversing/
It's quite technical, and I don't know how frequently the Wiki is updated from that.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-01 02:02:18 »
Akari has lots of valuable info in the q-gears source tree:
http://q-gears.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/q-gears/trunk/reversing/
It's quite technical, and I don't know how frequently the Wiki is updated from that.

Question, I'm currently going through Akari's Xenogears notes. There seems to be a ton of Italian or Spanish in areas of his notes. Does anybody working with him know if he has an English version available?.

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-01 08:03:24 »
Question, I'm currently going through Akari's Xenogears notes. There seems to be a ton of Italian or Spanish in areas of his notes. Does anybody working with him know if he has an English version available?.
These are his actual reverse-engineering notes he writes while he is working on it, so there is probably no point in translating right away. I recommend http://translate.google.com .

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-01 19:43:12 »
These are his actual reverse-engineering notes he writes while he is working on it, so there is probably no point in translating right away. I recommend http://translate.google.com .

Well I knew about Google translate...But as you can see it doesn't help much, Although just this one note (when looking up how text are rendered on screen) it seems he may be talking about a font or normals, I can't really make it out...But your probably right, wont help me much it was just a thought..

Hello world! Is love, consectetuer adipiscing elit, make it hidden so that by contributing authors tincidunt developed for volutpat.Ut was added to by trivial example, which of us ever undertakes the army tation ullamcorper lobortis nisl when some advantage from it? But consequat.Duis him or the normal models upon vulputate News, products, and / or pain good to him easy, but to no feugiat eros and but a heap and to hatred of the just who upon gentle with a ready Sample a different zzril delenit a Sample duis feugait there is no pain you facilisi.Nam at the time when the book of loosening us Thinking of option congue Domingo no imperdiet mazim that which can I do to please they do not have assum.Typi I get some? is the use of the reader is in them that makes their readers to read claritatem.Investigationes have proven superior to me, they read that they saepius.Claritas is also the dynamic process, which follows the custom of a change of the bed. It is a wonder to note than the Gothic alphabet, which they now do we think a little clear, anteposuerit of letters the form of humanity through the ages of the fourth and the fifth of the tenth to the tenth. In the same way types, who is now famous for it seems to us a little, they become a feast in the time to come.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-11-01 19:52:09 »
Well I knew about Google translate...But as you can see it doesn't help much, Although just this one note (when looking up how text are rendered on screen) it seems he may be talking about a font or normals, I can't really make it out...But your probably right, wont help me much it was just a thought..

Hello world! Is love, consectetuer adipiscing elit, make it hidden so that by contributing authors tincidunt developed for volutpat.Ut was added to by trivial example, which of us ever undertakes the army tation ullamcorper lobortis nisl when some advantage from it? But consequat.Duis him or the normal models upon vulputate News, products, and / or pain good to him easy, but to no feugiat eros and but a heap and to hatred of the just who upon gentle with a ready Sample a different zzril delenit a Sample duis feugait there is no pain you facilisi.Nam at the time when the book of loosening us Thinking of option congue Domingo no imperdiet mazim that which can I do to please they do not have assum.Typi I get some? is the use of the reader is in them that makes their readers to read claritatem.Investigationes have proven superior to me, they read that they saepius.Claritas is also the dynamic process, which follows the custom of a change of the bed. It is a wonder to note than the Gothic alphabet, which they now do we think a little clear, anteposuerit of letters the form of humanity through the ages of the fourth and the fifth of the tenth to the tenth. In the same way types, who is now famous for it seems to us a little, they become a feast in the time to come.

The text you're trying to translate is in Latin. Or rather, it's a combination of Latin and gibberish. It's lorem ipsum, and doesn't  contain any useful information.

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-11-01 21:44:22 »
Ah, I see... sorry about that. How important is that? Shouldn't be too hard to find. It is probably using the standard "rendering text with OpenGL/DirectX" method, where you load the font into a texture, and then generate quads with different UV. I think I've got example code in one of my FF7-related posts. We probably just have to look for a kerning/width table, though it's probably reasonably easy to regenerate from the xenogears-to-ascii table and by looking for empty columns between characters.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-11-04 23:04:12 »
Some of xenogears notes was done by Italian translate group sadness city. I write all my notes in english.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-11-05 06:11:58 »
That explains it!. I visit sadness city once in awhile I see Micky is a contributing member there.

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-11-05 07:26:51 »
That explains it!. I visit sadness city once in awhile I see Micky is a contributing member there.
Interesting. What am I doing there?
It's someone else.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-11-06 01:03:23 »
O_O There are two Micky's on the internet!, Mind boggling!.

Seriously what are the chances of a Micky working on Xenogears extracting tool's and one here, working on extracting Xenogears scenes. With apparently Q-gears using some tools related with sadness city, I just put two-and-two together, my mistake sorry. :-[

EDIT: Also a weird coincidence, they use SMF too, its like the bizzarro Qhimm over there. ^_^. They even have there own Micky!.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-06 01:18:45 by Mako »

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-11-15 20:19:21 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:08:54 by Jenova's Witness »