Author Topic: Why cant i play dissidia online?  (Read 5409 times)

megaknight

• View Profile
Why cant i play dissidia online?
« on: 2009-11-17 21:46:51 »
I got my game hooked up to the internet via my router, but i cant get any matches online. can someone please help me out?

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Re: Why cant i play dissidia online?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-11-18 02:46:47 »
I'm not really sure but i don't think its actually online I think you can only play people in a certain range (A very short range). I guess you could call it online cause you could play your neighbors but I think that is about it. Don't take my word for it though, I just assume it is this way because it is like that with other games and I also have dissidia and have failed to find a match.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2009-11-18 13:54:36 »
Dissidia is Ad Hoc only. Meaning it doesn't connect to the Internet, only peer-to-peer. This was for a variety of reasons. Probably most important is that they (Square or Sony) didn't want to create dedicated servers for such a feature. Another is that fighting games of this magnitude might slow down considerably if played over Wi-Fi.
There are a few 3rd party PSP mods that "should" allow Internet play, but just keep in mind that they are third party. I think one's called xlink or something.
Sony is soon coming out with a PS3 mod called "Ad Hoc Party" which should allow you to play ANY Ad Hoc game over their servers.

megaknight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-18 22:07:57 »
Dissidia is Ad Hoc only. Meaning it doesn't connect to the Internet, only peer-to-peer. This was for a variety of reasons. Probably most important is that they (Square or Sony) didn't want to create dedicated servers for such a feature. Another is that fighting games of this magnitude might slow down considerably if played over Wi-Fi.
There are a few 3rd party PSP mods that "should" allow Internet play, but just keep in mind that they are third party. I think one's called xlink or something.
Sony is soon coming out with a PS3 mod called "Ad Hoc Party" which should allow you to play ANY Ad Hoc game over their servers.
yeah but do i really want to buy a fucking ps3? i dont have 300$to spare. they should make it a computer program as well, so you can run your psp through your computer, rather than a ps3

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-19 00:27:54 »
I'd kill to play dissidia online... that is if i could bloody beat inward chaos ><

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-19 05:05:59 »
yeah but do i really want to buy a f***ing ps3? i dont have 300$to spare.

....I did. But that's just me. It's not the only reason I bought one, though. It's likely going to have the fewest number of games of all my systems.

they should make it a computer program as well, so you can run your psp through your computer, rather than a ps3

Decent idea, if the USB were designed for this. Unfortunately, in Sony's attempt to control our PS gaming experience, the ability to play games using the USB as any sort of input is forbidden. I think it's completely turned off while a game is playing.