Author Topic: Help Support Qhimm!  (Read 2406 times)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Help Support Qhimm!
« on: 2010-08-24 22:57:59 »
I just realized that there is a Donate button on the main Qhimm website. Not really an oversight since my bookmark takes me straight to the forums, but i think it should be a bit more publicized. I know that Qhimm pays for us to use this space out of his own pocket, and a glace at the donations makes it very apparent that very few of us are helping him out.

Just thought i'd give a heads up, most search engines drop you into the   forums as well so nearly no one sees the donate button. I'm thinking   maybe a sticky at the top of each sub-forum or a donate button in the   forum controls at the top of each page, just so more people have the   opportunity to help support the community. I'm sure Qhimm would   appreciate it. If everyone already knew about this....then i apologize ;-)

I'm not trying to call anyone out, I'm gonna make a small donation of $20 on friday. It only seems fair with the amount of time, enjoyment, and friendships io have gotten out of the community he founded and continues to support (out of his own pocket). I feel even more inclined due to the fact Qhimm does not even visit that often, and supports us out of good faith and kindness rather than a vested personal interest at this point. Can you only afford $5? Throw it in the pot, it could potentially mean good things for the forum in the future, and make sure there IS a future.

here's the link: http://donate.qhimm.com/

*puts down megaphone*

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: Help Support Qhimm!
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-25 01:05:52 »
short on cash, but friday when i get my check i'll donate, I leech off the mods here so it's the least i can do.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention :D

Mako

• View Profile
Re: Help Support Qhimm!
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-25 04:43:50 »
To late beat you to it!. One gold star for me. :P