Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845029 times)

dclem

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.37b)
« Reply #700 on: 2017-03-24 07:07:56 »
Tirlititi, please answer my question, I've searched, scanned every possible function list, can't find it.

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2017-03-26 10:56:49 »
Okay, if you're certain I asked you this question the first time, PLEASE link me where I said that, cause I can't find it.
But I know of a fact I did not ask such before; just lying so you don't have to help me with your tool?
The "help tab" doesn't tell me in anyway how or what each function (in this case: MUSIC) is and what it does. So who else am I to turn to when no help is given?
If I had such a tool, I would help anyone who had a question how to do something with it, regardless of what kind of "beef" I may have with them.
I ain't asking you nothing more than a simple question, which for you, would take like, what? Few seconds to answer? Given you are the master of Final Fantasy IX's script. The only person in the world who literary knows how everything works in the game.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2017-03-26 11:01:14 »
You jump the gun real quick ain't you?
Maybe he's out of town attending other business...really get some patience if you need help.

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2017-03-26 13:56:53 »
will you please leave me alone? i didn't ask for your words.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2017-03-26 16:32:41 »
Oh Jesus here we go again huh?
I just gave you a nice advice. If you don't care that's you problem.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2017-03-26 16:54:14 »
Okay, if you're certain I asked you this question the first time, PLEASE link me where I said that, cause I can't find it.
But I know of a fact I did not ask such before; just lying so you don't have to help me with your tool?
If that makes you happier...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/353915953249510749/?ctp=20#c133258593400587717

You're lucky though, I found the file where you can determine which music plays for which battle a few days ago. It's the files "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" and "WldBtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" that are in the resources.assets.
For each field, there's a list of the ID of the battles that are used in this field and the ID of the music that plays for it. If a battle is not preset, the music doesn't change. I didn't test anything though, just guesses.

And yes, I'm not at home and I have less time than usual for FF9 related things.

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2017-03-26 23:31:44 »
Oh Jesus here we go again huh?
I just gave you a nice advice. If you don't care that's you problem.

there ain't no "here we go again". its a simple leave me alone don't talk to me.

If that makes you happier...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/353915953249510749/?ctp=20#c133258593400587717

You're lucky though, I found the file where you can determine which music plays for which battle a few days ago. It's the files "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" and "WldBtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" that are in the resources.assets.
For each field, there's a list of the ID of the battles that are used in this field and the ID of the music that plays for it. If a battle is not preset, the music doesn't change. I didn't test anything though, just guesses.

And yes, I'm not at home and I have less time than usual for FF9 related things.

okay, so i'm blind af. totally did not see that. I'm sorry i did ask about the music just said it as "battle theme".
and it was still unclear to you to...
but good to hear you found its location at the start. i'll see what i can do.

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2017-03-27 09:29:24 »
Okay,
what a headache...
got it to work.
figured out:
0 - normal battle theme
61- friendly theme
35- boss theme.
111- hunter's chance theme.
that last one's replaced in the sound mod

battle not present had the 'don't stop music' flag checked.
got it.

side question:
will a font customizer come to HW anytime soon? Be nice to change the ugly Arial font, and make some longer text fit with text size.
can you change freya's spell animation sequence, so if you change one of her native skills to like Curaga, she doesn't glitch and perform the "jump" animation?
« Last Edit: 2017-03-27 09:56:14 by dclem »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2017-03-31 17:05:22 »
I'm not planning to make a font customizer ; Memoria is surely more fitted for that. For Freya's spell animation, it seems to be specially handled in the FF9SpecialEffectPlugin.dll so we don't have control of it. A workaround could be to swap the two animation files (in p0data5.bin, I guess).

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2017-03-31 23:20:21 »
so sad...

any idea where the font the game uses is located, which file?

going back to the random encounters. Have you ever got a lockup after adding random battles to a field (like Quan's dwelling) that never had it before?
Cause that's what's happening now.

EDIT: will there be a model extractor/importer in the future?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-04 10:27:40 by dclem »

iamthehorker

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2017-04-05 06:43:25 »
I was trying to use your tool to create my own mod, but I'm having some issues. When I attempt to export a .ppf file with HW and patch the game with ppf-o-matic I get the binblock error. Why is that? I know I'm using v1.0 (not v1.1) of FF9 and I'm not applying the patch to the wrong disc. Is there something I'm missing? Applying your Alternate Fantasy patch works fine, it seems to only be with my .ppf files exported from HW that I get this issue.

iamthehorker

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2017-04-07 18:07:56 »
I think my problem may be different than what I originally thought it was. Moving ppf-o-matic, HW, and my .bin files all into the same folder has made the binblock error disappear for some reason. However, if I start a new game after applying my mods the game goes black during the first fight with Baku.

I originally thought Alternate Fantasy was applied correctly because I received no binblock error when applying the .ppf, but the game also goes black at the same place when I tried to play it. The battle music is played but no visuals are shown. What could cause that error?

Edit: So, this is weird. It turns out patching the original FF9 images using ppf-o-matic gave each file some bad sectors. In some emulators this is apparently okay, but with the one I was using (Mednafen/Retroarch) it made the game unplayable. I found some similar complaints about this same issue on the Retroarch forums. I used the program CDmage to scan for bad sectors and repair them. Now everything runs fine. Might be useful information for anyone using this tool, thought I would give this update.

Edit #2: If you use CDmage to fix bad sectors DO NOT use the Repair Corrupted Sectors option. Use Rebuild Sector Fields option with only the ECD and ECCP/ECCQ options selected or else it won't work.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-09 23:12:45 by iamthehorker »

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2017-04-08 23:08:22 »
Hi, just curious as to how you can edit the items you receive as rewards or found in the world?

Like for example in the alternate fantasy mod you find a Dragon's Hair in the spot where you would typically find Kain's Lance and at the end of the Mognet Central quest your reward is an Orichalcon instead of the usual Protect Ring

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2017-04-09 07:11:04 »
@dclem: I worked on a partial model converter. With the next release, you will be able to export the models as .obj (Wavefront) format.

@Iamthehorker: Ok, so there are two things there I think:
1) The sectors are not updated properly. I have no idea of how I should update them: there is periodically a block of data (0x130 in size) that has informations about the sectors. I never cared to touch them as they have no impact when using ePSXe and Psx. I guess there is a checksum in those blocks of datas ; if you can link me to a description of that checksum (on Retroarch maybe?), I can try to implement a sector repairing for "Export as PPF" and "Overwite Binary".
2) The bin/block fail is another problem. What "Export as PPF" does is looking at the file on your hard drive and create a PPF from the differences of the hard drive file and the modifications done in HW. That's why it is important to use it only on files that were not modified previously ; it's always a patch "Current version you have -> Current version you have + modifications done in the editor or imported via .hws". I don't really know why it gave you that error though, but that's not because of the sectors.

@Vomitrocious00: These items are set in the Field and World scripts. First go to the "Items" panel just to load them up, then go to the "Fields" panel, search for the field where the treasure or reward is and click on "Edit Script".
It may be different from cases to cases, but usually:
- For items found in a chest, you have (on the left of the window) a few functions called "Function Chest_Init" or "Function Chest_Something". In one of them, there is what happens when you open it, including the item you receive (since you went in the "Items" panel, you can click on the number defining the item and see the corresponding item's name).
- For items found on the ground (no 3D model related to it), it's usually the same kind of things, but with a "Function EntryX_Something" instead and they are a bit more difficult to spot as there are also other "EntryX" that are not related to items.
- For rewards and items given, that's in the midst of the dialog cutscene where the reward is given. If Stilzkin is the one giving you the reward, search in the "Function Stilzkin_...", if it's Artemicion, try "Function Artemicion_..." etc... The cutscenes are also sometimes handled by a "Main_..." function so you can search in those as well.
- For chocographs, bubbles and cracks, there are 3 functions defining the rewards (one for chocograph, one for bubbles and one for cracks). If I recall correctly, they are "Chocobo_..." functions.

Once you found the number defining the item, change it to what you want (there may be a couple of lines where you need to change them, but they are always next to each other), then Parse the function and then Ok.

iamthehorker

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2017-04-09 23:20:03 »
@Tirlititi
I did not see any documentation on the checksums itself, only that it was recommended to use an ECC correcting tool on the RetroArch forum:
https://forums.libretro.com/t/bad-sector-836-on-mednafen-psx/6354

I'm sure the documentation exists somewhere I just haven't found it. Maybe for now just include a message about it? It seems somewhat common for people to recommend using a program like CDmage to fix this problem.

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2017-04-11 19:56:16 »
whenever i mod the game and save it im not able to reopen the game in the editor i have to keep redoing it from orginal file.

also any way to change what the auto abilities can do? like i wanna change auto float to auto trance and stuff

also any chance of adding in magic stones on level up?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-11 21:17:03 by resinate »

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2017-04-11 21:48:33 »
I worked on a partial model converter. With the next release, you will be able to export the models as .obj (Wavefront) format.

Good to hear!

Is there a way to increase the enemy's HP above 65535? Making a harder challenge, but spells that can automatically hit 9999 damage (ex. Climhazzard, Dragon's crest etc.), makes it easy to defeat enemies with only 65535 hp, never mind 32767.
If its possible to increase enemy HP, how did you increase the damage limit as well? I see the methods involved, but what to place to increase it?

And the eidolons,
are these hard codded to a specific spell slot?
If I make an eidolon (say Bahamut) out of Vivi's spell slots, and use the effect "Eidolon common" The spell will only perform animation 1 regardless if Boost is equipped or not. Yet, Dagger and Eiko's default summon spell slots don't.

I've tried to set Vivi's abilities with Dagger's summon abilities (from the Stats panel) but that only made the battles lockup with glitches, so I had to physically replace Vivi's current spells with Dagger's eidolons.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-11 22:16:12 by dclem »

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2017-04-12 00:14:36 »

dclem  just add regen to the bosses lol thats what i did

also i saw that we can add any monster to any battle how do we do this?

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2017-04-12 02:51:39 »
Did it before, doesn't work too well in the end.
besides, FFIV & TAY bosses go over 65535. I think the max went to 200000... 250000. And the limit damages go over 32767, (I've seen 49167 damage).

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.37c)
« Reply #719 on: 2017-04-12 19:40:30 »
Thanks iamthehorker.

Update to v0.37c. Since I didn't put a changelog for v0.37b, I also state what was added for it:
- Improved the Unity Assets Viewer
--- Can now import the files back,
--- Can automatically remove the AKB headers from audio files to have proper .ogg (re-importing them put that header back),
--- When importing the images, they are converted back (you can choose the format),
--- Can export 3D models.
- Tweaked the way the background images are exported/imported in order to keep the alpha informations. You can also now import them without compression (RGBA format - the files are 4x bigger).
- Fixed a few bugs, completed the list of 3D model names.

For importing the images (including backgrounds), not all the formats could work. I saw a few textures that are "Alpha only" and should be kept as it. Usually though, converting into RGBA is fine, 32bpp but without quality loss, and DXT5 is 8bpp with a bit of quality loss.

The exporting of 3D models is far from perfect. You can export most models from p0data4 (NPC, characters, enemies, accessories...), models from p0data2 (battle scenes and weapons) and a handle of effects in p0data3 (World Map) but not the whole World Map. What is exported is the geometry and texture information, but not the animations. Also, other (unknown) informations are lost during conversion, so these models will likely have a few problems for importing them back when an imported will be there.
You need to export the related file ".fbx" of type "GameObject" and the related textures in the Viewer. It generates a .obj (and .mtl) that can be used by Blender for example. It happens sometimes that the related textures are not properly linked, so in that case you need to open the .mtl with a text editor and replace the "TextureNotFound" by the name of the textures yourself. I also saw a few models (Amarant, Earth Guardian...) that are a bit fragmented (maybe that normal and the animations fix it though).
All in all, I don't guarantee that all the models are exported properly. I've tested a lot of them, but the format is still full of unknowns.

For the background exporter/importer, I changed the alpha format to fit more the format of the internal files. In these, most layers (lights, candles...) are fully opaque but made transparent using their blend mode (Substractive usually). In order to see them properly in a texture editor, you need to setup the blend mode of these layers manually (maybe I'll export them in the future if I find how to).

@dclem: Increasing the max HP can be done with a trick that I describe here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14315.msg224426#msg224426
It is not possible to just increase the possible max HP. It would require huge changes. For the Damage limit, I replace all the 9999 in these methods by the new value (only Tonberry's Grudge is limited by another mean).
For the eidolons, it is linked to the spell slot and the command slot IIRC.

@Resinate: you right-click on an enemy then copy -> paste it in another battle.

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2017-04-13 04:26:16 »
im using ur newest version and theres no right click option anywhere in ur tool

is this steam part of the tool only? cuz im modding psx one

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2017-04-13 08:37:56 »
Awesome update to HW! And nice alternative to increase map HP!
The bug with increasing damage limits...
Could I just remove the if ( #( SV_FunctionEnemy[HP] <$ 10000 ) ) { from all bosses that use it, and not make the game soft lock?

And about importing.
I right click on the file in the assets viewer and import selection is always grayed out.

If I wanted to change a sprite image, (ex. FaceAtlas) Could I use any size png image, or does it have to be the exact size of the original sprite image?
FaceAtlas size is 1024x512, would I have to keep my custom sprite at this size to import it working?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13 09:19:35 by dclem »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2017-04-13 09:37:54 »
@resinate: Oh yes, I forgot you were on PSX, sorry. Adding enemies is not available for the PSX version unfortunatly (only adding spells/groups are).

@dclem: No, if you remove that "if" block, the game will softlock because you'd kill the bosses and it's not intended.
You can import images of any size. The UV coordinates being scaled, the textures of 3D models will fit nicely if they are upscaled. For some other textures, changing the size could bug (I think the "SquareEnix/Silicon Studio" and the opening screen must be of fixed size). You should check for the Atlas textures, but I'd guess they will be fine.
You can't import assets if the same game files are opened in the main Hades Workshop frame. You have a warning about this...

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2017-04-13 09:43:29 »
Dclem you have to open HW and navigate to the asset viewer without loading anything.
I did the same mistake.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13 09:46:26 by Fraggoso »

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2017-04-13 10:17:38 »
Oh, so, with increasing damage limit that's a natural bug. In these events I'd have to only defeat the bosses with abilities that don't cross over 10000.
Usually, (like battling trance kuja) I would defeat him by hitting 14734 damage, and the game didn't soft lock. Does it only soft lock if the player hits exactly the damage limit 32767?

Thanks for pointing out the assets viewer, you two.

for the eidolons, where is this IIRC spell and command slot?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-14 19:41:15 by dclem »