Author Topic: Streaming audio  (Read 6050 times)

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
Streaming audio
« on: 2018-11-20 04:22:42 »
Hello all. So I am attempting to use the steam link beta app for my fire stick to play FF7 with 7th heaven and mods installed.

So far the ONLY issue I am not able to get around has been the audio. No sound will come through in my bedroom tv while the game is playing no matter what setting I put in the configuration.

Some settings will have the sound working on the computer in my living room and I am able to get the sound to come through to my TV in the ff7config just fine but when I launch the game I get nothing at all.

Any input or possible solutions for this? I'm not even sure if this would be a mod type solution or if its possible as is.

What I believe the issue may be is how the windows audio device changes to "Steam Streaming Speakers" when I connect to the desktop from the fire stick using steam link

I can select this option in the ff7config as well but it will only give me audio (with the test) in the ff7config window but not during gameplay

one last note my tv does make a slight "beep" before the game launches on my TV when I have the ff7config audio settings to my computer speakers and only in this setting will the game actually launch. But still no sound when the 7th heaven mods finish loading and the game starts.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming audio
« Reply #1 on: 2018-11-20 15:59:39 »
Using a tool such as Virtual Audio Cable, you may be able to control audio routing a little better. FF7 and Steam In-Home Streaming are both really finicky about how they handle audio, so I'd bet a more sane middleman might be able to help here.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
Re: Streaming audio
« Reply #2 on: 2018-11-22 13:25:27 »
Thanks so much! I'm going to try it out!

edit - IT WORKS! Thank you very much!

If anyone wanted to know what I did..

1. Steam link installed on the firestick and steam in home streaming enabled on your PC and a 5ghz wifi connection this is a completely different process I used this guide    -          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb3gAuiBGpo

2. Launch Steam as an administrator (compatibility mode option to launch as admin will not let my steam link app connect for some reason) Add 7th heaven as a game in your steam library on your PC if you want to launch with 7th heaven.  If you are using a xbox controller use the analog stick to move the cursor and use the left trigger to click it when you are ready to launch.

3. Install the program mentioned above and set that driver to be your sound driver in FF7 config (CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)

4. Open the control panel then open hardware and sound - then click sound. Under the recording tab right click on CABLE Output and click on properties. Now click on the Listen tab - enable listen to this device - now select the playback through this device drop box - then pick speaker (steam streaming speakers)   hit apply and you're good to go.

Sorry for the sloppy guide I'm in a rush but wanted to give back because this is really awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving!

« Last Edit: 2018-11-22 16:41:14 by youknowiknow778 »