Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 230211 times)

Corigne

• PM me if you need extra hands on a project!
    • View Profile
    • Fireheart Inc
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #200 on: 2012-08-02 09:13:29 »
Hey APZ, I've been gone a long time and I'm glad to hear you've been making progress.  Cheers mate.

Shoot me a message some time, I'm trying to get back in touch with the community since my move put me out of touch with everyone.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2012-08-02 12:33:04 »
Yall are entertaining  ;D He's chubby? Making progress on wha?

I haven't done anything actually. All I did was repaint the face and I'm not editing APZ Cloud otherwise. Zero progress has been made on New Canon Cloud. All previous work is scrapped. But when I do work on him it'll be fairly fast. Work in progress will shown in this thread. And I'll get APZ Cloud up here soon in a day or so, all I'll do is copy the texture over, otherwise it's the same download it always was.

I'd rather keep APZ Cloud the same, people loved him the way he was. It's charming to hear folks discussing the differences a few pixels makes (I rounded the shading differently on purpose) Mis-en-scene it actually fits his overall style (Which I'd call "I wasn't great at photoshop painting back then" style  ;D ) But I don't see a point in 100% recreating it. Trust me, you won't be able to see the differences except in closeup.

edit:

Im not digging the chubby young face, but great work nonetheless!

Glad I have original Apz Cloud :P

You mean the one everyone knows about or the first version that was out for about a month (I think) before I made a new head with the dissidia face
click to see larger

THAT APZ Cloud was 100% original. But since that's not the one folks fell in love with I didn't see the point in sharing it again. (I still have the upload files for this one, just not the source texture and model)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-02 12:37:14 by apz freak »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #202 on: 2012-08-02 14:15:19 »
But since that's not the one folks fell in love with I didn't see the point in sharing it again.

Please do not say that :P I also like the CC secret ending Cloud.

Corigne

• PM me if you need extra hands on a project!
    • View Profile
    • Fireheart Inc
« Reply #203 on: 2012-08-03 05:52:21 »
Well, you have to consider APZ that I have in fact not seen any of the WIP since you started this in the first part (the one you just announced the scrapping of.) Also, if you can get the original APZ Cloud (the one that is 100% original) online, let us know. I very much like the screens you dropped in the thread.

Cheers,

Corigne

ProtoX

« Reply #204 on: 2012-08-03 22:31:13 »
You mean the one everyone knows about or the first version that was out for about a month (I think) before I made a new head with the dissidia face

you mean the face of The Onion Knight

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2012-08-03 22:48:09 »
you mean the face of The Onion Knight

If that's a joke then right on! Otherwise, there's the first head on the right of the first picture here, and under the red X on the second picture. I did not rip it from anything.

And Corigne, It's all good man!  :D

I've had a long day today and it ends at 10 pm (then maybe some beer and Star Wars with my buddies after that) But I wanna get that APZ Cloud packaged up for you guys tonight  ;)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-03 23:11:23 by apz freak »

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2012-08-04 10:34:55 »
I really enjoy the original cloud you did much better, with original hairrstyle.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2012-08-04 11:26:31 »
I really enjoy the original cloud you did much better, with original hairrstyle.

I agree. Old hair style + new face would be perfect imo.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2012-08-04 12:54:59 »
Sorry guys  :oops: Can't do that for ya, don't have the files or the motivation to. More stylish or better or not, I simply can't...

**sigh** Didn't get to it tonight ran out of time. Got the files converted but can't get FFVIIPC to run on my new PC yet to test (Never release anything without testing it!!!)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-04 12:59:07 by apz freak »

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #209 on: 2012-08-04 21:58:39 »
Its a wonderful model!!
I like the first and the new model!!
I hope view the finish version!!!
;)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2012-08-07 05:55:17 »
Good news everyone! I'm using my phone right now because a bittorrent of "The Phantom Edit" a star wars fan re-edit carried a trojn virus onto my computer that currupted my antivirus! Yus!

Don't worry, I immediately unplugged my internet and backed up my work files on my external in safe mode. APZ Cloud WILL be back online soon and no one can stop me!

I wanted to do it tonight because I can time  :| Oh well... No surprise to you guys with me, if I was a fan I'd call b.s. but unfortunately it's true.

Hang tight folks! I'll get'r done!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2012-08-20 02:11:55 »
Okay. I finally got my computer up and running and all of my programs reinstalled. I'll try to get this out tonight if I can get FFVIIPC running. I've never gotten it running on Windows 7 yet... I'll figure it out somehow, I mean... I figured out how to do all this in the first place so it shouldn't be so hard.

(Sigh... I hate having to go back on my promises... But I have a month and a half until school starts again, a first, so I'll have some free time that I'll spend filling my art portfolio. And New Canon Cloud is a part of that)

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2012-08-20 02:31:37 »
If you're running the 1997 PC disks, you just open up the disk contents and run an application titled "FF7inst" in administrator mode. It bypasses something that made installing it from the setup.exe not work for some reason. -shrugs-

Well that's what worked for me. I hope it helps :).
« Last Edit: 2012-08-20 09:40:10 by Mendelevium »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2012-08-20 05:34:23 »
Thanks allot! I'll look it up  ;D I haven't gotten my boy asleep yet... I'll start to get this done after everyone's asleep

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2012-08-20 10:10:02 »
I wish you a fond good luck in your efforts. Your cloud models are iconic, it'd be a shame not to have a working model floating about anymore.

Also your new texture likes rather nice, next to some of the other high-res models that are floating about, I think it'll compliment the game quite nicely.

I also rather liked the model you showed with just polygon coloring; it seemed to fit the FF7 current style quite nicely o.o;; Just lots of details in the mesh itself. As it is now all these high-res details kind of clash with all the other battle models. It's a shame really. I suppose that is what team avalanche's goal is to rectify though. ^_^.

Anyways, again good luck!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2012-08-20 11:37:17 »
Alright folks... It was a pain to get FFVIIPC running on Windows 7... And it was a pain to figure this stuff out again with some of my old tools inoperable now...

The new texture keeps coming out solid white... Sheesh! I'm giving up tonight folks, sorry, I need some sleep. What's a new modern way you guys are getting the .tex files into the game? A new program perhaps? I'm still using biturn to convert a bitmap. I'm sure there's something along the line I'm doing that's screwing it up. Last time I ran Photoshop 7 and Windows XP... Now CS5 on W7 so a few things are bound to be different (Not to mention the agonizing placement of everything in local/virtualstore/blah blah blah...)

I'm out tonight! I'll butt my head against it tomorrow... I hate to letcha down.. but I've been crackin my head against it for hours... Trial and error. Figure it out, that's how I got through to get him up the first time (I remember this problem plaguing me over and over again last time too, too bad I never left notes for myself)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #216 on: 2012-08-20 12:29:46 »
open the model in kimera. on the right column theres a button that says show texture options. then add texture. and save the model. just make sure youre tex id from pcreator matches the tex id in kimera default is 0

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2012-08-20 23:20:56 »
Thanks bro. I'm totally a noob again!  ::) Kinda always good to be knocked down a peg or two every now and then.

Took forever to get mscomct2.ocx and msstdfmt.dll registered since it's way more complicated in Windows 7 then it was on XP... I couldn't run Kimera without those.

Alright! Got the texture converted (FREKKING FINALLY) Just give me an hour or so, I'll rewrite the readme to include the newer tools and a bit explaining the history. Then I suppose a screenshot or 2 to make the package complete. Upload it and provide the link for all... I didn't forget you guys... and it took allot of staring at my monitor in frustration to get this done  ;) Just for you guys

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #218 on: 2012-08-20 23:29:01 »
no problem.  we all have things to learn from each other. if you look at my cait sith weaopons and my dragon buster theyd probably give you a seizure due to how poorly they were modeled and textured. cant wait to see this in action

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2012-08-21 00:08:40 »
Times up... My son woke up from his nap  :) I'll upload it tonight. I wanna do it now, but he's already in my lap. (There were some issues and I just figured it out... something wasn't copying or something and it kept looking like the files never got written over)

I'm a noob again at all this FFVIIPC modding stuff, but I'm on top form with my art skills, I'll show off once I make some more portfolio pieces and get my web-site up

Whatever. The new face is in proper format and ready to be implanted into ffVIIpc, I just need to make the download package

edit:

AHHHHRGH FOR CRYI OUT LOUD

After running Aali's driver Kimera won't open because: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

And I can't get it working again... Maybe running everything on the portable Windows XP would solve allot of these issues... This has been one huge battle with Windows 7...
« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 01:05:31 by apz freak »

xenokain

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2012-08-21 01:54:40 »
The only 2 solutions to those ocx/dll files not being registered i found are to put all ocx/dll files into c:\windows\syswow64 then create a .bat file with this inside( 2 examples)

@ECHO OFF
ECHO.
regsvr32 C:\windows\SysWOW64\COMCTL32.OCX

regsvr32 C:\windows\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX

ECHO.
PAUSE
CLS
EXIT

then click ur namegoeshere.bat file and it will register those files.

The alternate method is a gui program that will install ocx/dll files simply by browsing for them and clicking install/register called RegDllView v1.45.Works for 7 and xp.There may be more programs like this but i havent bothered to look.Great work on you're cloud model.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2012-08-21 04:55:21 »
Edit: Figured out the transparency issue... Used imgtotex to make the textures... Now I gotta make it into a package. I'M REALLY TRYING FOLKS! I'm doing my best to make sure it works, and yall can get to it

Thank you all again! I have everything working again finally... BUT the texture has black keyed to transparent... and there's black in my texture, the new Kimera's texture process turns that transparency on...

I tried using photoshop to swap out the black for off black and that didn't work

If anyone can help me out with fixing that before I figure it out myself, that'd be a great help! (I seem to remember using a hex editor to turn that on and off, and I still have that editor... but I don't remember which value to change from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1... Don't remember at all)

I tried using the forum search and and turn anything up. Any help, awesome... otherwise I'll keep hammering at it til I get it (Don't want to upload a Cloud that looks like he's disintegrating!)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 05:27:38 by apz freak »

ProtoX

« Reply #222 on: 2012-08-21 05:37:28 »
apz incase if have more problems with the dll isuse i recomend using this  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4194.msg83572#msg83572

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2012-08-21 07:55:32 »
FINALLY!!!

click the image to go to the Game Front download link.

or go to the new thread for it:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13476.0
« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 08:18:40 by apz freak »

xenokain

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2012-08-21 08:03:47 »
That is an awesome looking cloud.WOW  ;)