Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 310932 times)

Mayoo

Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #225 on: 2012-07-31 16:27:17 »
No way. Not when the same game is on PSN for ten bucks. Not unless they don't wanna actually make any sales.

They recently released FF3 on Android for 15.99$ ... I hope nothing less than 20$ for the game.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2012-07-31 18:14:34 »
They recently released FF3 on Android for 15.99$ ... I hope nothing less than 20$ for the game.
The difference is, the Android version was a port of a full remake the game got on the DS, complete with entirely new assets, etc. And the DS version still sells new for $16.94 on Amazon, so the Android price is on par with what was already on the market. This isn't a re-release of something from 1998, this is another version of something that still sells retail.

In Final Fantasy VII's case, there is no evidence that the re-release will have any new content of any sort, beyond some filtered videos and an improved engine. At it's core, this is the same game as what's selling on PSN for ten bucks, so it'd be lunacy to charge twice that for what's essentially the same thing.

Mayoo

« Reply #227 on: 2012-07-31 19:03:36 »
This is all true. I didn't look at the hole picture.

So yeah, in that case I do believe that it will be for around 10$. If they do change some graphics or anything major, which I highly doubt, they might ask more.

Maybe they will do modifications like CTDS... hahahahahaha nah Square knows that they could sell a toaster branded FFVII and still make millions, why work on an already selling success product?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #228 on: 2012-07-31 21:23:38 »
They'll charge too much for it initially, find sales medicore and then lower it by 5 bucks and maybe throw in some worthless gimmick.
squarenix in charge of not fucking up? HAAAHHAHA.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2012-07-31 21:31:54 »
They'll charge too much for it initially, find sales medicore and then lower it by 5 bucks and maybe throw in some worthless gimmick.
squarenix in charge of not fucking up? HAAAHHAHA.

Judging by the reaction I am seeing on forums, with the "WOW!" responses, that will be what happens.  People will buy anything now.  I am putting a small amount of blind hope to 1 side for high res vids or backgrounds.  The reality is, it will be the same game.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #230 on: 2012-07-31 21:41:05 »
im curious about achievments and thats about iy

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2012-08-01 00:50:09 »
Heck, they're not even Steam achievements. 
Did you play with lock blocks when you were little? @,@

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2012-08-01 01:00:32 »
no idea what they are. I feel like the people that are going to buy the rerelease already know the game. what achievments could they possible come up with besides story line. like find yuffie, vincent, kill all weapons, all limit breaks, all ultimate weapons and so on. its all stuff i do by default. i even make it a point to master the 4 enemy skill materia even though i find them pointless. theres nothing real they can do.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #233 on: 2012-08-01 21:47:42 »
In other words: Just as pointless as achievements in other games.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2012-08-01 22:10:53 »
I might buy this because I'm sick of the work it takes to mod the game. My discs are also starting to get aged wear. I know ISO's would be the answer, but whatever.

I'm thinking of just buying this and be done with modding FF7 for good.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #235 on: 2012-08-01 23:14:37 »
you do realize that a modded game will still be 100 times superior to this re-release

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2012-08-01 23:26:27 »
I might buy this because I'm sick of the work it takes to mod the game. My discs are also starting to get aged wear. I know ISO's would be the answer, but whatever.

Depends what you are modding....  I have had no issue modding the game and only use my own installers for menu (+ extras), models and FMV.

Remix has severe issues, Hardcore mod may have a few, there are some niggles here and there with aalis driver, but generally speaking, it is pretty straight forward.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-01 23:28:17 by DLPB »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2012-08-01 23:52:23 »

???

I'm sorry, but what

While your discs are in > Download and Open Daemon tools LITE > Click Make disc image.

You'd be done in less than five minutes.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-01 23:55:02 by BloodShot »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2012-08-02 00:18:59 »
This tutorial gives detailed instructions on how to backup the game.

Tutorial - Protect your game discs              Alzatar         Backups and Virtual Drives              Qhimm

If they take much longer on the rerelease, the 25th anniversary of FF7 will be over!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #239 on: 2012-08-02 00:41:31 »
???

I'm sorry, but what

While your discs are in > Download and Open Daemon tools LITE > Click Make disc image.

You'd be done in less than five minutes.

mounting the disk, installing it ( taking into consideration to type in a custom path ) and going to the folder, all in all, takes on a mediocre pc about 2 minutes. literally.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2012-08-02 01:09:08 »
In my opinion, they MUST be doing something more than Just Cloud Saves, Char. Booster, and Achievements .

Why would they announce this, and generate all this hype, for basically a direct re-release of a 15 year old game.
There must be something more to it than that, I just dont see them employing a strategy like this to generate sales.

If all they wanted to do is a re-release, I think they would have just finished it and released it, and we may have heard about it a week before release or so.

I dont know though, these are just my thoughts on the subject.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2012-08-02 01:38:23 »
Keep in mind, this isn't Valve or ID or anything like that. This is Square-Enix we're talking about here.

It's funny thinking about it, a company like Bethesda takes their classic games on their 10th and 15th anniversary with much more content and gameplay then most games in existence and releases them for free, and square seems perfectly content with charging us for games most of us have already had at some point or another, and the actual improvements, if any will probably be minimal at best.

If they go as far as to redo the backgrounds I would literally shit my pants, and maybe even have some renewed faith in squeenix.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-02 01:54:25 by BloodShot »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2012-08-02 01:57:28 »
if a mod is good and legitimate bethesda even pays modders for their mods to put it in dlc. i cant imagine anything like that happening from square

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2012-08-02 02:09:02 »
In my opinion, they MUST be doing something more than Just Cloud Saves, Char. Booster, and Achievements .

Why would they announce this, and generate all this hype, for basically a direct re-release of a 15 year old game.

Because they can make loads of money out of it.  Rerelease or not.  They are releasing it again only because of Windows 7 and compatibility issues and to make money.  Simple.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2012-08-02 23:27:44 »
Because they can make loads of money out of it.  Rerelease or not.  They are releasing it again only because of Windows 7 and compatibility issues and to make money.  Simple.
Keep in mind FFVII Re-Release has been announced at Gammescom 2012 as a major showing. Everything a company does is for profit, but to show the game at a main even like this means they are putting some effort into it.

It would also help the people of Qhimm if you cited where you are getting these 'facts' from. I mean... they must be facts, after all you have replied negatively just in this thread alone 34 times... You must have a pretty solid source to come up with that summarization after just one video.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2012-08-02 23:50:09 »
Because that's what they're most likely doing, tarting up the original version with some cheevos, modern OS/hardware support and a dumb EZ mode button.

It's similar to what every other company making an HD version of a game is basically doing, making it run at 720 or 1080, maybe update the GUI(MGS:HD did this) and slap achievements on it, quick fix for a quick buck.

If what they show at Gamescom says otherwise then I'll eat my virtual hat.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2012-08-02 23:59:19 »
When you consider that the vast majority of the fanbase has only played the PlayStation version, is unaware of the modding community for the PC version, and may not even know the PC version exists... higher res and achievements are actually kinda significant to people. Remember, what's unimpressive to us isn't necessarily unimpressive to someone who's never seen the game run at more than 240p.

That being said, I am a bit disappointed, because this means it won't possibly be released before Gamescom. That's at least two more weeks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2012-08-03 00:06:35 »
Keep in mind FFVII Re-Release has been announced at Gammescom 2012 as a major showing. Everything a company does is for profit, but to show the game at a main even like this means they are putting some effort into it.

It would also help the people of Qhimm if you cited where you are getting these 'facts' from. I mean... they must be facts, after all you have replied negatively just in this thread alone 34 times... You must have a pretty solid source to come up with that summarization after just one video.

People keep asking the same question, they get the same answer.  Also, congrats, you just got put on ignore.  Have a nice day  ;D  Common sense and overwhelming logic are pretty good reasons for believing this is exactly what I have said it is, and as you can see, there are a few people here (majority) who agree.  I guess they need to cite facts too, for what is blatantly obvious to those with an ounce of sense.  8)  You don't have any "facts" that it is anything else, yet you choose to attack those who don't agree with your deluded opinion that Enix suddenly want to care about fanbase (given they have laughed at them for the best part of a decade).  Or, more likely, you are just trolling.  Or both. 

I don't care, since I won't be reading any more of your posts.  If you are having trouble accepting my opinions, I suggest you add me to ignore.  Harmony all round.  Anyway, why do you care?  You are continually slagging off PC version and the mods. 
« Last Edit: 2012-08-03 00:41:12 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2012-08-03 01:30:38 »
Or, more likely, you are just trolling.
Having an opinion that differs from yours isn't trolling. Get over yourself.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2012-08-03 01:32:28 »
I don't care

Anyway, why do you care?
Only you could say completely different statements in a single post. =/

People keep asking the same question, they get the same answer.
I have re-read all posts in this thread, there was no question posted that warrants now 36  posts saying the same message. I asked for you to show my facts, you have none. In other forums this would be considered spam. Actually it would have been considered spam 30 posts ago. I don't even know what this is...

I do not appreciate being called a senseless troll because I ask you where are you getting this from. Anybody that can summarize a whole game based on a teaser trailer is the opposite of fact.