Author Topic: Some questions about Final Fantasy X  (Read 3394 times)

ye-roon

• View Profile
Some questions about Final Fantasy X
« on: 2007-09-29 06:49:42 »
First off all: Hey guys long time no see /hug /wave.

Anyways, i bought FFX and started playing but am a bit confused on how stuff work. For starters, new weapons dont seem to do more damage, they just add new abilities, mostly an elemental attack. Whats the point in putting all them weapons in it if they dont increase have an increase in damage. Also my big fuzzy Ronso was wearing a Hunter's Spear when he joined my party, yet i found another hunters spear later in the game and that spear had more stats including a strenght +10% So whats the deal here? How do new weapons add to more damage?

Second question is how to get Kimhari onto the grid where Auron is? sure i want him to get steal and some agi/evasion first, but after that i wanna build him into a second powerhouse like Auron. Seeing as they both have Piercing weapons its seems most viable. Oh i live in Holland and therefor have the PAL version of the game and i'm currently using the newbie "Standard" Grid.

Synergy Blades

Re: Some questions about Final Fantasy X
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-29 14:56:40 »
1) They don't add more damage, you're right. To increase damage done, you need to use the Sphere Grid and activate Strength nodes. The point of having the different weapons is, as you say, to add different abilities. When you get Rikku permanently later on in the game, she adds the Customise function to the main menu, allowing you to use different items to add abilities into free spaces in your weapons/armour (which is why weapons and armour with four spaces in are quite valuable, both in terms of how you can customise them and also in terms of price for when you sell them).

2) If you can find a path into Auron's grid it'll probably be blocked by a "level" sphere node, which means you need to find a level sphere that corresponds to its number (eg. level 2 sphere node needs a level 2 sphere). As far as I can remember, when you have finished Kimahri's small sphere grid, you can choose which path to follow, but I think some are blocked by 2+ nodes when you only have a few level 1 spheres in your inventory at that time. I went down Lulu's path, but that ended up being rather useless, so if you can go for a heavyweight route like Auron's, then give it a shot, as it'll be more useful.

I haven't tried it, but I understand that the "expert" sphere grid is the same layout as the standard one, but each player starts in the center, so you can customise each character right from the beginning, essentially meaning you can choose their class rather than going with their predefined ones (Yuna being a healer, Auron the heavyweight, and so on).

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-30 22:29:15 »
Ok cool thanks :)

anyways, another question popped up, i've got loads of overdrives now and eetting new modes as i progress, so i looked up what kind of actions were needed to get certain kinds of overdrive. And i want the overdrive mode Warrior for Lulu since she is prolly my main attacker since i always need some elemental dmg, yet she hasnt got that skill yet. And i damage ALOT of enemies. Do i need to use physical attacks to gain that overdrive mode or are magical attacks sufficient? If so do killing blows count as killing blows and damage done, or just killing blows. Cause if the latter is the case i can understand wjy i havent got it yet :)

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-10-01 14:21:19 »
from the start of the game, i didn't get the warrior overdrive mode for lulu (my main attacker) until bevell. you need to keep at it and just kill as many fiends as possible with a person and NORMAL attacks (melee, not magic)
(and for fun, i start it on expert mode and have the people role reversed, eg: riku being slow but high defence and HP, lulu, high attack and low magic, tidus being FFX's Gandalf and anything but muscle bound)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-10-01 15:12:25 »
By the way the beginners grid is a hell lot smaller than the advanced one in the PAL version.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-10-02 07:52:40 »
Well i got it now, and sorry for the weird spelling of the last post i was kinda drunk when i typed it and didnt have time to spell check it myself :p

I also might add that although this game has a verry booooooooooooring start its actually a cool game. Did some chocobo training and then raced the guy, got a Sun Sigil on my second try. Went to Remien temple and had a chocobo race there and got some wings and other stuff. And the monster arena guy asked me to catch him some mobs. I also beat the crap out of those 2 ronso guys and now got evry ronso rage thingy in the game except the last wich i reckon is what i'll get much, much later :) but now, work time :)

PS: post #400 :)

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-12-26 23:19:59 »
"Some wings"
Guess you mean the giant wings. Keep them you will need them in order to armors the ability HP Expand(which breaks the 9999 limit)