Author Topic: FF7 FMV movies play no sound  (Read 3209 times)

anotherFalseProphet

FF7 FMV movies play no sound
« on: 2011-02-19 21:46:44 »
Can someone tell me how to fix this? I've tried several things. I moved the movies from my CD's to my install directory and I've changed drivers from inside of the ff7Config but it doesn't work.

Any idea's or past experiences?
This is really killing my play-through experience. Just found my disks in the attic, they're in mint condition, no scratches.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-19 21:49:15 by anotherFalseProphet »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: FF7 FMV movies play no sound
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-19 22:31:10 »
its vista and (perhaps) windows 7, other then FF7Music i don't think theres a solution

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-19 22:34:07 »
its vista and (perhaps) windows 7, other then FF7Music i don't think theres a solution
Yes, this happens on 7 as well.

Microsoft changed the way audio output works when they made Windows Vista; now midi and main audio are controlled by the same volume control, on a per-program basis. When the game tries to turn down or mute music, it loses sound effects as well. The best solution for now is to use FF7Music.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-20 00:08:11 »
Yes, this happens on 7 as well.

Microsoft changed the way audio output works when they made Windows Vista; now midi and main audio are controlled by the same volume control, on a per-program basis. When the game tries to turn down or mute music, it loses sound effects as well. The best solution for now is to use FF7Music.

thanks dude, i wasn't a hundred percent clear on that :P least i know what i gotta do when i finally reset up ff7 on this new laptop.