Author Topic: No battles?  (Read 13537 times)

Kranmer

• View Profile
Re: No battles?
« Reply #25 on: 2010-04-03 23:07:27 »
Kranmer, this isn't entirely related per se, but I am interested in how you reverse-engineered the executable. Did you use some sort of decompiler?
sort of hard to explain how i did it (not hard to do, just to explain) but basically i used Cheat Engine 5.6 to find the virtual memory value for random battles, then i used its browse memory function to see what was happening everytime i used a enemy lure materia, then i traced where the game writes from and to and looked at the code in the "assembly code" (basically the same as a decompiler but allows editing) and it looked easy enough and thats where i came up with this.

Aha. So, you used a cheat engine / memory tracker to see which addresses were involved, and then you just looked for the asm that wrote data to that offset. From there, you just traced the logic. Very clever.

Lol yeah that's probably a better way of wording it Bosola (i am very bad with the way i word things),
Doing this sort of reminds me of when i used to make xbox (xbox1) trainers at maxconsole since it used a similar method.

Also other things could probably be done this way for anyone who is interested, it doesn't have to be just random battles, The same could be done to make it so you can Save or PHS anywhere or i could even make it so the Timer is frozen (the countdown timer like when escaping the reactor)