Author Topic: Kimera  (Read 13202 times)

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
Kimera
« on: 2010-05-29 21:58:39 »
Ok~
After trying with Kimera v0.84c to Kimera 0.95b I GIVE UP
I get the same error again and again AND AGAIN

I'VE ALREADY TRIED EVERYTHING!

I launched it on Vista, Xp and 7 and it's the same thing in every OS.

EDIT: Everytime I try to touch a part of the model to resize it keeps showing me the same thing.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Kimera
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-29 22:00:07 »
Stop making many threads man. I think it is not the programs problem its your computer or laptop.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-29 22:01:09 »
I think it is not the programs problem its your computer or laptop.

I tried it in 1 computer and it's the same, if you want I can show u a pic of it

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-29 22:15:29 »
maybe its the versions of the OCX and the DLL's your using that are causing the error (i had that problem with wine but not with XP)

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-29 22:58:36 »
maybe its the versions of the OCX and the DLL's your using that are causing the error (i had that problem with wine but not with XP)

Name                       /      Version

COMDLG32.OCX               6.00.8140   

MSCOMCT2.OCX              6.0.84.18

MSSTDFMT.DLL               6.0.88.4

(Maybe you're right those are from 1987 to 2000... After I get back home I'll try to search for new versions of them)

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-29 23:39:55 »
Create your own editor? :o

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-29 23:45:30 »
Ok... I found the new versions, but even with those installed ain't working...

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-29 23:52:19 »
considering WE all can get kimera working, it seems more likely your screwing something or other up, try v. 0.91

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-30 00:33:35 »
You said you know how to use kimera in one of your posts right?? What OS is that when your kimera runs fine??

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-30 09:04:53 »
You said you know how to use kimera in one of your posts right?? What OS is that when your kimera runs fine??

It runned fine in Windows Vista Starter ED when I had my other laptop.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-30 09:40:05 »
well i have tried to put the DLL's into the EXE so if this is a DLL problem you may be able to fix it by trying my patcher here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9867.msg138607#msg138607
it only works with kimera095 but try that and see if you get any different results.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-30 14:32:57 »
well i have tried to put the DLL's into the EXE so if this is a DLL problem you may be able to fix it by trying my patcher here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9867.msg138607#msg138607
it only works with kimera095 but try that and see if you get any different results.
Been wondering why your patch only works for 0.95?? Does the latest kimera version use different dll's as the older versions??

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-30 14:53:55 »
no its because i had to embed the DLL's into the EXE, and to do this is different for all EXE files, i could make patches for any EXE but it would be nearly impossible to make a generic one (the way i do it anyway, there may be an easier way of doing it but i haven't found it yet), and besides it is only a test and not a release, i am only seeing if this will fix their problems with kimera, if it does fix their problem's then that's good but if it doesn't i will have to try and find other ways of embedding the DLL's into the EXE or into their system's (i know a few ways of embedding DLL's, but all the other ways cost money, the way i did this is the only free way i know of doing it)

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-30 14:56:29 »
Oh.. I don't really know much about hacking the exe file itself so sorry for asking man. Thanks for the info though. :D

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-30 22:57:11 »
It works fine in other computer (testing computer nº4) it's a machine from 2002 with Windows XP Pro SP3 and I tried to use it on my Laptop with the same OS and I still getting the same Overflow error when I click a part in the HRC model, after that I tried in the same machine but using the other OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x86) and it didn't worked too.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-31 16:10:25 »
well if your still having the problem it may be possible to use a "virtual machine",
its like a fake PC that runs in windows as a normal program (this may be a bad way of describing it)
i may even be able to make you a virtual machine (you would still need to download the program to run it, which is free) in "virtualbox" that would allow you to run kimera without that error,
there is a small problem though-
virtual machines run slower then your actual computer, this is a limitation because you are running them as a program so they can only use so much of your PC's power
and
if i made you a virtual machine it would be around 800MB but this is only a problem if i made you one, if you want i can guide you on how to make your own, its very easy.
(also if i made you a virtual machine the OS on the virtual machine would be linux, this is for legal reasons, but if you made your own you could install windows on it if you want, but for virtual machines linux is better)

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-31 16:30:47 »
well if your still having the problem it may be possible to use a "virtual machine",
its like a fake PC that runs in windows as a normal program (this may be a bad way of describing it)
i may even be able to make you a virtual machine (you would still need to download the program to run it, which is free) in "virtualbox" that would allow you to run kimera without that error,
virtual machines run slower then your actual computer, this is a limitation because you are running them as a program so they can only use so much of your PC's power
and
if i made you a virtual machine it would be around 800MB but this is only a problem if i made you one, if you want i can guide you on how to make your own, its very easy.
(also if i made you a virtual machine the OS on the virtual machine would be linux, this is for legal reasons, but if you made your own you could install windows on it if you want, but for virtual machines linux is better)
Well I think you can just guide him instead on doing it for him so that he will fix his problem himself. :) And you are still working on your trainer so it will slow your progress.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-01 01:35:42 »
and

No need to explain it~ I have VirtualBox installed already :P I'll reinstall my OS and see if it works, thx for the idea I haven't thinked on it  ;D

EDIT: Will Kimera run in Linux or Ubuntu? (both are the same base but idk if will it have compatibility with Linux).

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-06-01 08:31:27 »
No need to explain it~ I have VirtualBox installed already :P I'll reinstall my OS and see if it works, thx for the idea I haven't thinked on it  ;D

EDIT: Will Kimera run in Linux or Ubuntu? (both are the same base but idk if will it have compatibility with Linux).
Ah great news, i thought this was going to take some time but if you already know how to use virtualbox its easy.
Yes, kimera will run fine in ubuntu and xubuntu if you use WINE (the latest version)
i use xubuntu (its pretty much the same as ubuntu but with a different layout)
here is kimera running in Xubuntu with WINE

and here is a video i made awhile ago with Ubuntu and Wine (just to prove it worked)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjymmGvG4B8

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-06-01 15:19:20 »
No need to explain it~ I have VirtualBox installed already :P I'll reinstall my OS and see if it works, thx for the idea I haven't thinked on it  ;D

Ah great news, i thought this was going to take some time but if you already know how to use virtualbox its easy.
Yes, kimera will run fine in ubuntu and xubuntu if you use WINE (the latest version)
i use xubuntu (its pretty much the same as ubuntu but with a different layout)
here is kimera running in Xubuntu with WINE

and here is a video i made awhile ago with Ubuntu and Wine (just to prove it worked)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjymmGvG4B8

Great! nice news i'll install ubuntu but first im gonna try with W98 since ubuntu requires 500+ MB in RAM...

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-06-01 15:32:56 »
okay but i dont know if it will work with 98 but if you could post the results because i am always interested in compatability of these programs.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-06-01 15:33:45 »
okay but i dont know if it will work with 98 but if you could post the results because i am always interested in compatability of these programs.

Sure  ;D

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-06-01 20:09:53 »
Well, here's my little experiment about trying in Windows 98.

First of all it gave hell while installing because some compatibility issues

Second, it doesn't supports Shared Folders system of Sun VirtualBox

So... when i readed the user guide found out that Shared Folders works with system Windows 2000 or Later editions, after all I lost 2 hours of my life trying to install W98 on VirtualBox, now I'm going for Windows 2000 :P

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: 2010-06-01 20:14:37 »
Win98 only supports .NET 2.0 and earlier. I don't believe it has support for the VB powerpacks.

The easiest solution is a simple 'print' of Ubuntu to a flash drive. Save the program onto it, and boot from the USB port and you'll be up an running within the hour (and most of that's just spent waiting for Ubuntu to auto-install).

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-06-01 20:39:14 »
Well, here's my little experiment about trying in Windows 98.

First of all it gave hell while installing because some compatibility issues

Second, it doesn't supports Shared Folders system of Sun VirtualBox

So... when i readed the user guide found out that Shared Folders works with system Windows 2000 or Later editions, after all I lost 2 hours of my life trying to install W98 on VirtualBox, now I'm going for Windows 2000 :P
well you dont really need shared folder support, i dont use it most of the time, when i want to copy files from my real PC to the virtual machine i just stick it in a ISO and mount it in "virtual box" then it comes in the virtual machine as a CD, then i edit what i want there and i use a FTP server and client and transfer the stuff back to my real PC, all this is done without folder sharing.

also Bosola's idea it proberly a good idea for you, if you have a flash drive you should try doing it that way.