Author Topic: Kimera  (Read 13192 times)

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
Re: Kimera
« Reply #25 on: 2010-06-01 21:18:38 »
Well, here's my little experiment about trying in Windows 98.

First of all it gave hell while installing because some compatibility issues

Second, it doesn't supports Shared Folders system of Sun VirtualBox

So... when i readed the user guide found out that Shared Folders works with system Windows 2000 or Later editions, after all I lost 2 hours of my life trying to install W98 on VirtualBox, now I'm going for Windows 2000 :P
well you dont really need shared folder support, i dont use it most of the time, when i want to copy files from my real PC to the virtual machine i just stick it in a ISO and mount it in "virtual box" then it comes in the virtual machine as a CD, then i edit what i want there and i use a FTP server and client and transfer the stuff back to my real PC, all this is done without folder sharing.

also Bosola's idea it proberly a good idea for you, if you have a flash drive you should try doing it that way.

Im done installing Windows 2000 if it works I'll do that way if it doesn't I'll try what Bosola's said.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-06-01 21:48:08 »
Ok guys here's my Windows 2000 Pro running in Sun VirtualBox
and it runs perfectly Kimera, I tried with v0.9 to v0.95b and everyone worked fine it doesn't even shows the Overflow issue when selecting a part in the model!

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 6400 lap with 1GB in Ram and a Intel Centrino Duo processor.

Running Sun VirtualBox in Windows 7 Ultimate with these settings on VB

200 MB Ram for Windows 2000 Pro and 3GB Virtual Drive

It has a balanced stability for using both at the same time, Windows 7 runs normal and Windows 2000 runs normal too~.

And with this I'm happy that I will do what I was fighting since some days ago.
(Hope that It helps some ppl having issues using Kimera ^^)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using this oportunity a question kinda off of this topic: Does someone knows how to add some Dialogs during battles?.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-06-01 22:13:08 »
glad to hear you got it working.
Sun virtualbox is now "Oracle VM VirtualBox" its the same program just a different company name.
And i am sorry i can't help with adding dialog into battles.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-06-01 22:24:08 »
Sun virtualbox is now "Oracle VM VirtualBox" its the same program just a different company name.

I'm kinda outdated then  :-X xD

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-06-02 05:14:50 »
Ok guys here's my Windows 2000 Pro running in Sun VirtualBox
and it runs perfectly Kimera, I tried with v0.9 to v0.95b and everyone worked fine it doesn't even shows the Overflow issue when selecting a part in the model!

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 6400 lap with 1GB in Ram and a Intel Centrino Duo processor.

Running Sun VirtualBox in Windows 7 Ultimate with these settings on VB

200 MB Ram for Windows 2000 Pro and 3GB Virtual Drive

It has a balanced stability for using both at the same time, Windows 7 runs normal and Windows 2000 runs normal too~.

And with this I'm happy that I will do what I was fighting since some days ago.
(Hope that It helps some ppl having issues using Kimera ^^)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using this oportunity a question kinda off of this topic: Does someone knows how to add some Dialogs during battles?.
You can add dialogs in battles using Proud Cloud but I think it is not perfect yet and it just messes the text.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-06-02 05:29:34 »
You can add dialogs in battles using Proud Cloud but I think it is not perfect yet and it just messes the text.

K, I'm gonna try, I saw a vid of gjoerulv's where Cloud was fighting against 1, 2 and 3rd Class soldiers where they talked, soo... I wanted to try it out~.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-06-02 05:49:52 »
I don't know if gjoerulv did it to add text in battle. Although try it and post if you get it to work. I tried it once and it just messed up my game so I didn't try it again for a long time.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-06-02 17:51:32 »
I don't know if gjoerulv did it to add text in battle. Although try it and post if you get it to work. I tried it once and it just messed up my game so I didn't try it again for a long time.

LOL k, I will :P

Btw, my last post when u told me that thing about adding the textures 3 times helped me now :P thx.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-06-03 15:49:53 »
Welcome. :) I don't know why its needed to add the texture a couple of times but I do think its because the texture is small and can't be seen in the model until the texture have been added a couple of times. Just a hypothesis though.