Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496840 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #450 on: 2015-02-02 12:24:30 »
Barrett is fixed now. I haven't actively looked at Red XIII in game but in Kimera the model looks fine (I assume that the parachute model has overwritten the merged parts so the fix should be easy). Sephiroth hair needs defiantly improvements.
But I'm not sure what you mean with the arms.

For Tifa I have to look at much a older back-up.

Clouds face from the final battle does look only good if no light shading is used. The mesh is horribly unsymmetrical and they painted the vertices to let his face look smaller as it is.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2015-02-02 12:29:05 »
Sephiroth's arms look v. weird when he walks... it's an animation problem with the new model.

All in all, though...  this is on the right track.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2015-02-07 14:27:57 »
Cloud's is still a little fat compared to the original battle head and so on...

I took a look at the face again and have seen changes I made I wasn't aware of any more. I changed a few things to give him back a more male face.

Btw:

High Res Snowy Mountains by Mcindus
All credits goes to Mcindus

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2015-02-07 16:47:07 »
I like new Cloud and the mountains :)!

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2015-02-09 08:14:40 »
Added more detail to Clouds face through color shading.

I have a bit more time this week so the adjustments for the other models shouldn't take so long.

I have some problems in kimera where a to close cam let me edit parts of the mesh which are behind the cam and not seen by me. Not a big deal but slows down some processes and pushs up my rage status.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2015-02-14 03:03:46 »
Yes yes yes, kaldrasha!  This is exactly what was needed and what I've been punishing you to deliver :)

Well done.

The characters all look like they belong in the game now.  The faces are spot on... the models look great.
I've added the latest update to Reunion R02, I have a feeling people are going to enjoy it.

So far only gripe I have is that Cloud's arms are too far apart.  Need to be closer to his body like a normal standing stance.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-14 05:26:29 by DLPB »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2015-02-14 07:07:03 »
You truly nailed it, Kaldarasha.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2015-02-14 09:18:47 »
Yes yes yes, kaldrasha!  This is exactly what was needed and what I've been punishing you to deliver :)

Well done.

The characters all look like they belong in the game now.  The faces are spot on... the models look great.
I've added the latest update to Reunion R02, I have a feeling people are going to enjoy it.

So far only gripe I have is that Cloud's arms are too far apart.  Need to be closer to his body like a normal standing stance.

We have new animations.
I need some people who redo a few animations (if not all). The only painful things in Kimera are the too often crashes when editing animations and that we can't take over a frame to another animation. However with a bit training animations can be done pretty fast, the key is to use the frame interpolation. We also need to track down which model use which skeleton and idealy make height adjustments for the standing animations to let the models stand on and not through the ground.

I will work on the rest of the main characters a bit more make them as a legacy version for ChaOs.
I need to fix Sephiroth face texture for some reasons they had deleted a part of his eyebrows. At the end I make an animation tutorial when I make a new skeleton for him but this won't be until the end of May.
I also need to see how far Q-Qears will be developed then.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2015-02-16 14:46:31 »
Also Rufus and Heidegger are a little odd shaped.  Not correct sizes by looks of it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2015-02-16 15:07:37 »
Kald, you maybe saw (or heard from) a guy called QuantumPencil on here; a relative newcomer but seemed pretty handy with computers & programming. Last I heard from him, he was working on a tool that would potentially make animation editing much easier. I haven't heard from him in a few weeks, but it might be worth getting in touch with him and seeing where his project is at.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2015-02-22 19:02:37 »
Hey Kaldarasha, I am not sure if anyone else has had this issue when manually upgrading their LGP files for the game but I have done this with the steam edition.  Your battle models look amazing in the game, but there is an issue with certain models.  Cloud, Barret, and Tifa have their eyes intact but Aerith, Red XIII, etc have black/blank eyes.   IF anyone else has done this and come across the same issue, well I wouldn't know what to do about it.  Could be just an issue with the way it's done on my end.  I did install Reunion BEFORE adding the models. 

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2015-02-23 08:34:05 »
I'm sorry this is a problem with the new directx9 hijack they use for the rerelease.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/846958001180033541/#p23
 To fix it I have to completely rework the coloring which is too much work only to keep the achievements intact. They are useless anyway...

With a programming skills it should be possible to swap the directx9 renderer to Aali's one. AF3DN.P is in fact a dll (correct me if I'm wrong) and loads the new libraries. Steam only looks for the name of the starter .exe and doesn't care about the rest.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2015-02-23 12:43:54 »
I see.  I only reworked the LGP files to keep everything intact. Right now i'm working out kinks with 7th heaven, if I can settle some things there i'll be good. 

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2015-02-23 15:45:48 »
Well, if you're looking for someone to test these things, I could do it when I have the chance. Just tell me all I will need to do, the files needed to replace in the LGP and get to work.  ^^

JeffreyATW

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2015-03-02 00:57:10 »
Cross-posted from the Reunion thread:

I'm in the Lifestream where Tifa and Cloud are piecing things back together, and I just watched the scene where Cloud stabs Sephiroth in the reactor.

When Cloud checks on Tifa, the camera pans up to Sephiroth holding Jenova's head, walking down the stairs, but it's the original SD sprite.

In the next shot, Sephiroth is walking out of that room holding Jenova's head, but he's not SD.

Maybe you missed a shot, or maybe there are complications there I'm not aware of. Thought you should know, regardless.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2015-03-04 13:17:58 »
Have made a new catalog. Should help EQ2Alyza to maintain her catalog. I also can now provide some models in the beta status to get some feedback and be able to update ChaOS directly.
Place this link to your subscriptions:
iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=fZGmYc0T

@ JeffreyATW
I have seen a problem there but it was only a body part conflict I check it once again without to use 7H.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2015-03-04 17:17:30 »
Hey, Kaldarasha.  You're doing great man. Hope these words of confidence helps spice your day. xD

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2015-03-04 17:27:39 »
Hey, Kaldarasha.  You're doing great man. Hope these words of confidence helps spice your day. xD

Nah, something has went wrong with the Barret mod. So don't download it at the moment.
Honestly there are to many traps I have encountered these day. I hope Iros will see my complains soon and we can work on a more intuitive mod generator. But still, thanks for the kind words.  :-D

I will add tomorrow the models selection for the reunion mod as beta.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2015-03-04 19:48:47 »
Updated the bad Barret.iro. Use 'Check subscription now', close 7H and start it again.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2015-03-04 21:10:56 »
I've been noticing some problems myself.  Eh, I don't even know anymore. xD  Might go back to bootleg and do some work there.  So many experiments.     

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2015-03-09 13:59:32 »
Cross-posted from the Reunion thread:

I'm in the Lifestream where Tifa and Cloud are piecing things back together, and I just watched the scene where Cloud stabs Sephiroth in the reactor.

When Cloud checks on Tifa, the camera pans up to Sephiroth holding Jenova's head, walking down the stairs, but it's the original SD sprite.

In the next shot, Sephiroth is walking out of that room holding Jenova's head, but he's not SD.

Maybe you missed a shot, or maybe there are complications there I'm not aware of. Thought you should know, regardless.

I have found the problem: there are two versions this model which are absolutly identical.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #471 on: 2015-03-21 15:41:11 »
The subscription download doesn't seem to be working, it just keeps saying Calculating. Can you update the direct download? It seems to be from January, while the subscription seems to have updates from March.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2015-03-23 06:20:24 »
Have you tried to update the subscription now after you start 7H? How many subscription do you have? Maybe there is a bigger bug within the subscription system. I can download the mods without any problems.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #473 on: 2015-03-23 13:34:17 »
I have three subscription links. I got it to work after I updated my 7H version, 1.35 to 1.45. Not sure what the issue was really.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2015-04-05 20:00:55 »
Hey, Kaldarasha, there may be a problem.  I went to the Mithril mines on the game with 7th Heaven, and it seems Elena isn't up to par with her Turks model.  She is in the original PRP upscale which has me kinda bugged. I could post my load order to show you if you want. With your subscription link I did as instructed, put the CHAOS base at the bottom and animations at the top.