Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1250337 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: The Reunion [IN PROGRESS]
« Reply #2525 on: 2014-01-04 17:48:06 »
 There are still a few issues with the unshaded models, but I think that's for Kaldarasha to fix.  Although it could be how I've installed them.  So far:

1.  Rufus' coat goes through his legs.
2. Rufus' head disappears when blinking
3. Tifa and Aerith eyes look weird.
4. The neck of Sephiroth does not blend nicely into his body colour wise.
5.  The transparent problem at the temple is affecting all characters except Sep and Cloud.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-05 01:14:51 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: 2014-01-04 18:42:31 »
1. If you mean when he's moving, then I can't fix it now. I could use a similar solution like I had made for Sephiroth coat, but this would look like new added pieces.
2. fixed
3. Should be fixed.
4. It's the same color, but the light shading darken the neck.
5.  :o Really? Kimera97a should have fixed that problem.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: 2014-01-04 18:50:48 »
Well, it definitely affecting Vincent and Aerith. :P

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #2528 on: 2014-01-05 00:09:21 »
Yeah the coat issue is something that comes up with a lot of characters actually. It's the limitation of rigging character models as separate pieces, they tend to move through each other sometimes. The pieces can be cut and attached to the part that's moving through them, but with Rufus for example than the bottom of his coat will move with his legs.

By the way, as far as the HD models go if anyone is updating the chibi TA Cloud there's a transparency issue. Parts of it are solid black (0,0,0) which is used for transparency. If you look closely at the bottom of the feet and the middle of the legs you can see through them. You can see this on my release page actually, the large picture of the TA 2.0 battle model shows it (that pic was actually how I found the problem). You can just use the one I fixed, but the rsd files for the chibi model will have to be edited to use the single texture.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-05 00:15:59 by cmh175 »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #2529 on: 2014-01-05 00:11:26 »
Yeah the coat issue is something that comes up with a lot of characters actually. It's the limitation of rigging character models as separate pieces, they tend to move through each other sometimes. The pieces can be cut and attached to the part that's moving through them, but with Rufus for example than the bottom of his coat will move with his legs.

You see this problem from time to time in new games even now, so while it's not a bad idea to tweak, it's certainly forgivable in my opinion.

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: 2014-01-05 04:14:52 »
I feel like only the original style chibi models look normal in field. ... I can't be the only one. I would love to see a whole set of HD chibi models.  ;) ;) ;) ;)
I don't know if that Wedge model is an example of a chibi model, but it's right in the bottom of the uncanny valley for me.. it's closer to the concept art I guess, but I find it looks really creepy :P As for the Cloud model, his face looks much too feminine to me. I suppose he should be reasonably effeminate given he can pass for a beautiful woman when he's cross dressing, but still. I think it's because in the HD chibi model his eyes are so big and his mouth looks so.. delicate.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-05 17:16:40 by Ver Greeneyes »

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: 2014-01-05 07:01:32 »
Personally, the only character graphical mod I use is the Chibi Reconstruction one. It remains faithful to the original style while updating them enough to make them look better without looking weird. All the others either look too inconsistent to the original style or only change a few characters, making the game look a bit weird when you have regularly proportioned characters running around next to a ton of chibi characters. I also think the maps were made with the chibi style characters in mind, and the stiff, awkward animations look even worse with the 'fuller' sized characters.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: 2014-01-05 21:28:58 »
Ok Ive been a busy boy.  Aali has removed battle interface fix but I have worked out a better way of doing things.  The new way only needed 2 hex edits and it's fixed all the other issues that previously existed, like the flash effect not extending to the bottom.  We will see how this goes.

Now I have to fix the fade in and fade out.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: 2014-01-07 01:54:07 »
Retranslation and Relocalization: done
Tools: done
Battle interface: done
Menu: done
Minigames (except submarine and fort condor): done
Models: done
Installer: done

testing:  tomorrow
release day: tomorrow.

Night.  :)

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #2534 on: 2014-01-07 03:20:05 »

Fingers crossed! :D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2535 on: 2014-01-07 04:36:47 »

Good night  :)

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: 2014-01-07 20:13:37 »
Are the retranslated FMVs going to be in this first release, or is that for a future update?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: 2014-01-07 21:19:16 »
Future update and separate due to size.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #2538 on: 2014-01-07 21:51:10 »
Future update and separate due to size.

Would it be possible to release the translated dialogue so we could refer to it while we played?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: 2014-01-07 23:08:52 »
I doubt you're going to want to play the game and look at the text at the same time.. what's the point?

Also...  I've been sat here 6 hours straight now fixing things that decided to surprise me.  But it is getting released before I go to bed tonight.  I am not going to sleep until it is released :)
« Last Edit: 2014-01-07 23:16:06 by DLPB »

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: 2014-01-07 23:17:34 »
I have a question. Could you clean the video of Jenova?

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #2541 on: 2014-01-07 23:22:39 »
I doubt you're going to want to play the game and look at the text at the same time.. what's the point?

Also...  I've been sat here 6 hours straight now fixing things that decided to surprise me.  But it is getting released before I go to bed tonight.  I am not going to sleep until it is released :)

Yes but it would be nice to have after we watched the FMV (although I do want to be clear it totally isn't necessary I just kind of wanted it if possible. XD)

Just don't kill yourself! XD

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2542 on: 2014-01-07 23:24:06 »
I have a question. Could you clean the video of Jenova?

Are you talking about subtitles?

Also...  I've been sat here 6 hours straight now fixing things that decided to surprise me.  But it is getting released before I go to bed tonight.  I am not going to sleep until it is released :?:
Please stay healty XD
« Last Edit: 2014-01-07 23:27:47 by Caledor »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: 2014-01-07 23:28:09 »
Ah I see what you meant...  it's best to just wait for the FMV.  Those will be done tomorrow.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #2544 on: 2014-01-08 00:08:36 »
Oh, okay! ^_^ Didn't realize it was gonna be that soon. I'll probably still play at release though haha. XD