Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4914555 times)

Snap006

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2225 on: 2015-11-19 19:13:57 »
Yeah, but your team will likely have reduced MaxHP/MP going forward due to the arcs I've used for this build.

What about offering some HP Plus and MP Plus materia to counter the arcs?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: 2015-11-19 22:50:07 »
I could put them in through a patch, but they won't be there for 1.4 because the HP will have been corrected.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: 2015-11-20 09:05:24 »
A minor bugreport. :)

In the Mythril Mines, where you're ambushed by the turks, Barret will say his line, whether or not he's in the party. If you leave the screen and return, he will do so again.
I'm unsure whether or not this happens everytime you're in the Mines, or simply on the first runthrough.

Edit: Encountered another bug on my way to Corel.

I went up the stairs and back down, and this happened:

Is there a post somewhere, with all the current bugs, so I don't spam up the thread with "reposts"?
« Last Edit: 2015-11-20 10:33:32 by Mithrain »

iloveyou771

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: 2015-11-20 09:57:35 »
i have the same encounter here too so i wonder if its the flevel.lgp problem :o?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: 2015-11-20 13:22:33 »
The first is an old debug routine that I thought I'd put into a patch, but I guess not. The second one is also known but is a bit more mysterious and a problem that existed in the default game as well (for PC at least); it can happen in several places, including Bugenhagen's Observatory, the second screen of the game, and I can't recall where else.

As for sub-threads, it's tricky on Qhimm because we don't have sub-boards for them so a bug thread would probably get buried after a while. There's a sub-board for NT on Insane Difficulty.com which has multiple threads, including one for bugs. That helped separate the posts up a bit.

HeaN

• Do small steps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: 2015-11-22 12:43:50 »
Hey there! It's a while since I was looking at this thread. I see you are at 1.35 now :D I was thinking about playing your mod again on Stream. But I also wonder if it's worth waiting for 1.4?:D

Regards and nice work!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: 2015-11-22 19:02:37 »
In a month or two, I'll have 1.4 ready; as we get closer to that, I'd maybe consider waiting but it's up to you of course.

HeaN

• Do small steps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: 2015-11-23 17:15:49 »
1-2Months means no christmas present, sad :(

NVM! Take your time! ;D

Aerith-san

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: 2015-11-29 14:11:19 »
Sorry if this was already reported but is this supposed to happen on both the menu and the victory screen?

I'm using Cloud, Aeris and Red XIII on disc 1. Red XIII doesn't seem to be affected but Cloud and Aeris have this annoying bug. It keeps me throwing me off because I think that the character already leveled up even though it didn't.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: 2015-11-29 17:13:42 »
That should only happen if the EXP arcs are changed after loading a save file made with different EXP arcs. That could be caused either by using a non-NT save file to start the game, or by updating NT from a much older build to 1.35 (the EXP arcs were adjusted from 1.2 to 1.3 and then again to 1.35 if I remember right). That should hopefully correct itself and vanish once the character levels up once. Save editors might also cause it as they use the default EXP arcs when determining levels.

Aerith-san

• View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: 2015-11-29 17:26:28 »
Oh yeah, I started the game without the NT mod, then decided I wouldn't be able to survive without Aeris and installed NT just to keep Aeris alive after disk 1. ._.

Thanks anyway, I'll try to level up. Even in the vanilla game (with just the mouth removal patch) it seems to stay there. Oh well.

By the way, did I read incorrectly or does NT also allow to remove the battle music so when I enter into battles on the world map it still plays the main theme? If so where can I toggle it?
« Last Edit: 2015-11-29 17:30:02 by Aerith-san »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: 2015-11-29 18:51:20 »
Any Save Point should have the option to toggle the music from 'Battle' to 'Field'; if they don't, then it's likely an older out-of-date version like 1.2 or 1.3. There should be a bunch of options appearing whenever you touch a save point.

Aerith-san

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: 2015-11-29 19:13:40 »
Thanks. Also, uhh, sorry for annoying you with one more question, but I installed NT to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII yet it seemed to install as well on my backup located on D:\FINAL FANTASY VII?... In the installer I pointed to the Steam path but apparently it reflected on my backup as well. What the hell is going on?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: 2015-11-29 21:54:11 »
Not sure why that be the case, but it might be because the target folder had the same name in the same directory; that or you maybe made backups with modded files. I usually just keep a copy of the Data folder in the same folder, but under a different name ('Data - Default', for instance). If you need the vanilla files restored then I have a patcher for it to save a reinstall: https://mega.nz/#!i50xQRaZ!_tqb7dQiZgyH0TMOC5cjK-DTRe98aVfU8vO4T2AEs7w

Aerith-san

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: 2015-11-30 17:57:38 »
Oh, thank you. I made sure I did a backup of the game before installing the NT mod... maybe it was the name and the installer got confused or something... anyway thanks for the patcher! Going to try to use it now for the backup.

EDIT: had to patch it on the Steam version, I see my backup which is under a different name (D:\FINAL FANTASY VII - Backup) and... you guessed it, vanilla game. The hell. I'm thinking it's related to Steam...

EDIT2: I toggled between both 'Field' and 'Normal' and they still play the random battle music, at least in the world map. Hm. Is this a glitch? I have v1.35 iirc.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-30 19:18:47 by Aerith-san »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: 2015-11-30 22:03:49 »
EDIT: had to patch it on the Steam version, I see my backup which is under a different name (D:\FINAL FANTASY VII - Backup) and... you guessed it, vanilla game. The hell. I'm thinking it's related to Steam...

EDIT2: I toggled between both 'Field' and 'Normal' and they still play the random battle music, at least in the world map. Hm. Is this a glitch? I have v1.35 iirc.

Steam can sometimes be a bit finicky when it comes to addresses.

Oh, I should have mentioned. It only works with Field screens, not the world map; there's no editor for the World Map script, and I think it's dependent on the .EXE in any case. Would have been nice to have the world map themes playing for those fights and as I was typing that I remembered something that might make it possible. I'll look into including the world map fights as well.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #2241 on: 2015-12-01 02:51:25 »
Hey Sega Chief, I haven't played in a while but is version 1.35 recommended to play right now or should I wait for 1.4 in a month or two? Will version 1.4 be that big of a difference game play wise or is it more just bug fixes?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: 2015-12-01 03:56:17 »
1.4 will be the biggest update so far so I'd recommend waiting; 1.35 was a hold-over from 1.3 to get the rank system in and some feedback on both that and other features/changes. It was also to try and patch up the battles but they really needed an overhaul and I messed up the end-game HP/MP quite badly.

Aerith-san

• View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: 2015-12-01 12:08:06 »
Steam can sometimes be a bit finicky when it comes to addresses.

Oh, I should have mentioned. It only works with Field screens, not the world map; there's no editor for the World Map script, and I think it's dependent on the .EXE in any case. Would have been nice to have the world map themes playing for those fights and as I was typing that I remembered something that might make it possible. I'll look into including the world map fights as well.

I backupped the data folder only, guess I'm going to deal with that.

I didn't know the world map didn't have an editor... here goes my idea of of building FFVI on the VII engine xD I'd like it to not alter the exe since I want the Steam trophies and all... and honestly running a W95 game on W8 doesn't seem to be a good idea >.>"

Anyway is it worth grinding in this mod? I used the Rank Up thing and I kind of like it, however I'm sure I need to grind for the TotA. Do the stats go up when I level up or is the level thing just a number that doesn't affect anything? Maybe I should restart the game but still... Also Rocket Town seems like it's loading too fast, like it has the Quick Loading cheat on, is this a bug? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-01 12:22:41 by Aerith-san »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: 2015-12-01 14:26:36 »
I backupped the data folder only, guess I'm going to deal with that.

I didn't know the world map didn't have an editor... here goes my idea of of building FFVI on the VII engine xD I'd like it to not alter the exe since I want the Steam trophies and all... and honestly running a W95 game on W8 doesn't seem to be a good idea >.>"

Anyway is it worth grinding in this mod? I used the Rank Up thing and I kind of like it, however I'm sure I need to grind for the TotA. Do the stats go up when I level up or is the level thing just a number that doesn't affect anything? Maybe I should restart the game but still... Also Rocket Town seems like it's loading too fast, like it has the Quick Loading cheat on, is this a bug? Thanks.

The SP used for rank up goes up whenever you beat a boss monster (and when certain dialogue options are picked but these gains are much smaller) and it's generally best to keep moving forward. I'd only grind if you get well and truly stuck on something but remember to try different things like elements and status ailments as each boss tends to have some weakness or other.

As for Rocket Town loading faster, that's likely the weather effect. Because the screen is tinted, it doesn't do the normal fade-in which makes it seem like it loaded in faster.

Aerith-san

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: 2015-12-02 21:53:03 »
Thanks, seems like it fixes itself.

I got up to Jenova-DECAY and the mod has been good so far, I might restart the game just to enjoy it to its full potential. :P Though is this just a bug with the PC version or what? After Aerith's Death during her funeral it seems to play Flowers Blooming in the Church... I am not sure because I played the PSX version the first time I played FFVII.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I was too quick. I can't believe that o_O

ZeroTheOverlord

• View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: 2015-12-03 08:48:19 »
1.4 will be the biggest update so far so I'd recommend waiting; 1.35 was a hold-over from 1.3 to get the rank system in and some feedback on both that and other features/changes. It was also to try and patch up the battles but they really needed an overhaul and I messed up the end-game HP/MP quite badly.

oh so i may have to go back to the start? (i'm just at the shinra building) and just to ask, do i post bugs and such i found here? ^^|

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: 2015-12-03 14:03:50 »
oh so i may have to go back to the start? (i'm just at the shinra building) and just to ask, do i post bugs and such i found here? ^^|

Sure, bug reports go here.

ZeroTheOverlord

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: 2015-12-03 16:30:36 »
i tried looking for a different forum that's why i was wondering

nvm about the "gitch" i thought i saw, i found a youtube vid you posted sega chief about the reno fight and in a comment it talked about the same "glitch" (it was with the Pyramid animation staying on barret even tho the effect of Interrocage was gone) :3

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: 2015-12-03 17:43:03 »
Sega Chief I just wanted to tell you a lot of the small things and conversations you added to the game made me laugh. I won't list them because I don't want to give away spoilers.