Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496937 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #350 on: 2014-05-08 02:15:27 »
It's not installing correctly for some reason. That's odd, but something I've seen from using lgp tools. Have you tried the direct folders or an iro?

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2014-05-08 08:15:55 »
iv'e tried repackaging them directly into the files over a dozen times already, same result. maybe something is wrong with my ulgp or maybe in need to run it as admin.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2014-05-08 13:52:07 »
Have you actually tried the direct folders though (direct\char and direct\battle)? You just copy in the files. lgp tools do need to be run as admin.

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2014-05-08 15:22:31 »
Have you actually tried the direct folders though (direct\char and direct\battle)? You just copy in the files. lgp tools do need to be run as admin.

just tried direct folders and ran as Admin, same result. cloud ends up getting scrambled with the old model parts. no idea what this could be.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2014-05-08 17:37:31 »
Are you sure the direct folders are enabled? If not nothing you put in them will load so it's falling back to the fault model installed in the lgp.

ProtoX

« Reply #355 on: 2014-05-08 18:38:09 »
it an issue with model itself not the game

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2014-05-08 19:11:27 »
The hrc file must be AAAA.hrc. I think you are using a wrong named hrc file. That's what I assume.

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2014-05-08 20:12:54 »
It was the ulgp program i was using, it seemed to be corrupted.

my results so far.

the eyes on the character are just right, they blink nicely. i'm going to upload him soon after i'm done with some more testing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2014-05-08 21:07:12 »
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120103135624/finalfantasy/images/c/cf/Cloud-ffvii-field.png

He is supposed to look mean on the field too.  The battle head is perfect.

The problem I am seeing here is people are over analyzing this.  The original design is perfect as it is, because that's what was intended.  Any change to it is going to be a change for the worse.  Updating graphics and altering features on those graphics are two very different things.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-08 21:11:16 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2014-05-08 21:33:28 »
The original design is perfect as it is, because that's what was intended.
So you will leave the thing with Cait Sith as it is?  ???

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2014-05-09 00:08:49 »
My point is that graphically the game was sound, but needed higher resolution.  What people seem to be doing to the graphics instead is completely redesigning them, so that the entire feel of the game is different.  That's fine, because that's their mod, but imho it's a complete mistake, and I'll choose not to use them.

In the case of Cloud, there is absolutely nothing that I can see wrong with Cloud's original battle face.  It's the absolute intention of the designers and it looks good. Moving eyes about, hair about and adjusting facial expressions is not adding anything, but is often taking away.  It's not a small mod either that can simply be left out.  The choice we have been getting is lego cloud, or custom cloud.  Not original design cloud. 

But like I said, we all have a choice whether we use them or not.  I'm just giving my personal opinion on it.  I feel it's a mistake. 

In the case of my Cait Sith mod, when it arrives, it will be a small add on... it does not need to be used, and the game can stand by the original design without it. 

============

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2mze3jb.jpg

That doesn't look bad, though!  The  mouth seems to have some sort of issue with the line, but it's still the original design.  I'm actually quite happy with it.

On the other hand

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140430/exu3j84h.png

That changes too much and for absolutely no good reason that I can see over the one above.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-09 00:21:30 by DLPB »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2014-05-09 00:39:54 »
I thought the unshaded models were pretty close to the originals, better in some cases. I'm actually interested in repainting them in zbrush eventually so they have detail similar to the TA Scorpion model (don't get too excited though, I cant sculpt human skin to save my ass so far) The original field model is hard to tell, I think it's just a default line going across his face just so he has a mouth. It's also kind of hard to say what was originally intended with the limitations they had at the time, which opens up the door for artistic opportunity.

The altered unshaded Cloud came out pretty well. I personally prefer the original unshaded model but it's impressive work. 

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2014-05-10 02:14:50 »
My point is that graphically the game was sound, but needed higher resolution.  What people seem to be doing to the graphics instead is completely redesigning them, so that the entire feel of the game is different.  That's fine, because that's their mod, but imho it's a complete mistake, and I'll choose not to use them.

In the case of Cloud, there is absolutely nothing that I can see wrong with Cloud's original battle face.  It's the absolute intention of the designers and it looks good. Moving eyes about, hair about and adjusting facial expressions is not adding anything, but is often taking away.  It's not a small mod either that can simply be left out.  The choice we have been getting is lego cloud, or custom cloud.  Not original design cloud. 
I'm not sure I get the point. When modding to a higher res., we're bound to redesign to some extent. When redesigning, even if the aim is to replicate the "intention of the designers", there's always room for interpretation, because
It's also kind of hard to say what was originally intended with the limitations they had at the time, which opens up the door for artistic opportunity.
On a more general note, I would mention that just a scaling process as opposed to a redesign may actually not convey the original feel at all. To illustrate this point, I'm going to talk about backgrounds (since I only know that topic  :P ). Most believe the original intent in the background design was to give a realistic feel. However, many items were considerably enlarged in the original to make them be recognizable, due to the poor resolution. If you scale up everything without any adjustment, you end up with absurdly sized objects (such as a tea cup larger than a salad bowl), and indoor environments end up conveying the feel of a dollhouse, not something realistic.

I would also believe that a higher res version of FF VII characters, as intended by the original designer, would tend to be what we see in Advent Children (both character designs were made by Nomura, were they not?).

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2014-05-11 00:35:05 »
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2mze3jb.jpg

That doesn't look bad, though!  The  mouth seems to have some sort of issue with the line, but it's still the original design.  I'm actually quite happy with it.

The mouth is supposed to be straighter, i guess the picture came out a little offset. no big deal, here's an other picture.

The File is also here below, if anyone wants to use it.

Hierarchy's Classic Cloud Remastered.
http://download1327.mediafire.com/oood6lgfgpgg/1czxb3t72c7649q/Hierarchy%5C%27s+Classic+Cloud+Remastered.zip

I didn't make a battle version or other variations of cloud like how there's supposed to be in the game. I've been busy with lots of other stuff. so if anyone is willing to tackle all the variations and upload it, I'm all for it.

On the other hand

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140430/exu3j84h.png

That changes too much and for absolutely no good reason that I can see over the one above.

The changes were to the face, and a little bit of the body dimensions. the nose and chin were re-sculpted to feel closer to the renders, and even art.

Besides that, Cloud was pretty much a serous guy even when he was young,

Just about all of my sources were inspired from concepts depicting him as such; which is why he was remastered to be in that way.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-11 00:37:24 by TheHierarchy »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2014-05-11 11:49:32 »
I wasn't talking about your Cloud above.  Just in general.  The one above looks good to me!  8)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2014-05-14 19:33:45 »
Can someone test this Cloud for me:
https://mega.co.nz/#!HMUwRQja!6M8ZhpT1wrd06at6je6VMUh-5GWpjaj_3PtEDBl0AdY
I made changes to the hair (removed some spikes and freed up his right eye) and made the face thinner, specially the jaw.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2014-05-14 20:21:03 »
Looks good Kaldarasha, it's like a mix of your other Cloud model and the original one. If no one's posted feedback yet I can test it later this evening and get some screen shots.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #367 on: 2014-05-14 21:28:36 »
Can someone test this Cloud for me:
https://mega.co.nz/#!HMUwRQja!6M8ZhpT1wrd06at6je6VMUh-5GWpjaj_3PtEDBl0AdY
I made changes to the hair (removed some spikes and freed up his right eye) and made the face thinner, specially the jaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5bddDRyoMI

I used the "direct" method. Not sure why he doesn't hold a sword while in battle though  :| Maybe because I use my modified one...
« Last Edit: 2014-05-14 22:26:30 by LeonhartGR »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2014-05-15 02:36:17 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5bddDRyoMI

I used the "direct" method. Not sure why he doesn't hold a sword while in battle though  :| Maybe because I use my modified one...

I haven't packed his weapons within the battle archive to prevent overriding them. It works with 7th Heaven pretty well, though.

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2014-05-21 19:44:25 »
does anyone have a good battle model of Reno? the face textures seem to be scrambled when he appears in battle.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2014-05-21 20:47:35 »
It is very lowpoly indeed. But there is no higher res one.

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2014-05-22 06:54:22 »
I meant to say the model has a texture glitch. is there a way i can replace the same battle model with proper textures?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2014-05-22 17:08:57 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 17:04:30 by dkma841 »

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #373 on: 2014-05-23 01:20:46 »
There are ripped high quality texture Reno models on the net just a little googling and you'l find one :p
Qhimm has banned ripped models and textures for years. If you want to make a worthy contribution to this discussion, you'll have to do better than that.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #374 on: 2014-05-23 03:25:42 »
lol sunz! I saw that coming :)