Author Topic: Aali's driver [v 0.7.11b] Help/Bugs/Suggestions  (Read 580895 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Aali's driver [v 0.7.11b] Help/Bugs/Suggestions
« Reply #375 on: 2012-02-07 17:59:27 »
I know I've told you in IRC but best place this in correct area.

2 minigames are broken and need fixing.

The coaster needs to be limited to 60fps not 30 and my aimer fix needs adding.
The snowboard minigame needs limiting to 60fps not 30.

falkTX

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2012-02-10 19:47:59 »
Hi there,

is it possible to have the music plugin available for FF8 as well?

I'm already using the custom DLS file, but it would be just too awesome if we could use looped-ogg files (OCRemix and Dissidia have a few good FF8 music versions).

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2012-02-11 11:21:03 »
No you can't. The music plugin uses debug info from ff7.exe in order to work. The exes from FF7 and FF8 are handled differently, and it can't be used. Someone would have to code it from scratch.

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2012-02-11 14:02:17 »
Aali, I hope you forgive me for not reading the 16 pages to see if my issue is already posted. (I searched though, and I found nothing.) I have messy Final Fantasy VIII screens. (See screenshots below.)

Things that I tried and didn't work:
  • Swithing from my NVIDIA card to my on-board Intel iGPU
  • Switching from NVIDIA patch to non-NVIDIA patch
  • Toggling these parameters: Shader, fancy transparency, vsync, full screen, linear filter, pbo

I have no mods installed, just plain FF8

Everything is okay at first:

But then:

Here is my log:
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF8 1.2 US English
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2509
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 41, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZING SOUND...
  initializing direct sound
  EAXDirectSoundCreate
  creating primary buffer
  initializing audio data
  OK
  initializing streaming
SOUND INITIALIZED
DIRECT MUSIC - Enumerating Ports...
PORT 0: Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated]
GUID={0x35946e27,0xb16e,0x46f1,0xa2,0x1,0x5d,0x30,0x4e,0xa6,0xc1,0x5b}
PORT 1: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth [Emulated]
GUID={0xbf32868f,0x8e5c,0x4240,0xaa,0x3d,0xf5,0xeb,0xc8,0x43,0xd7,0x72}
PORT 2: Microsoft Synthesizer
GUID={0x58c2b4d0,0x46e7,0x11d1,0x89,0xac,0x0,0xa0,0xc9,0x5,0x41,0x29}
Creating Port1...
    Microsoft Synthesizer
  Port1 supports XG data
BinkClose
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld01_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfnt00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl01_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl02_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl03_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/icon_00.png, failed
SdMusicPlay ()
sd_music_play (number=0, song_id=79, volume=0)
midi_play...
Stopping Performance
Loading DLS...
Playing Segment
midi_play successful
MIDI stop
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld01_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfnt00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl01_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl02_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl03_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/icon_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/Face_b00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/Face_b01_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/Gf_big00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/Gf_big01_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/start00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/start01_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl01_02.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld00_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld01_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_01.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_02.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl01_01.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_05.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_23.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl01_23.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl02_02.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl02_23.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl03_23.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_07.png, falling back to palette 0
Can't open file: h:\DISK1
SdMusicPlay ()
sd_music_play (number=0, song_id=80, volume=127)
midi_play...
Stopping Performance
Playing Segment
midi_play successful
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl00_01.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl01_01.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld00_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/sysfld01_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/icon_01.png, falling back to palette 0
SdMusicPlay ()
INFO: tried to load C:\Legacy\Final Fantasy VIII/mods/none/data/eng/menu/hires/iconfl01_02.png, falling back to palette 0
SdMusicPlay ()
SdMusicPlay ()
WM_CLOSE

Releasing Performance...

Releasing Loader...

Releasing Port1...

Releasing DirectMusic interface...

Releasing COM...

And my config:
# ff7_opengl-0.7.10b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF8
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 0
window_size_y = 0
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = no

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = none

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# allow FF8 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = no

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = yes

C-HALE

« Reply #379 on: 2012-02-11 15:25:49 »
Hello All,

Can anyone provide an alternate source for Aali's driver [v 0.7.11b]?  Every link I can find leads to the same "backup.ninjaloot.se" site.  The site will not load for me.  Thanks for any suggestions :)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2012-02-11 17:23:13 »
Check the previous page of this thread, there's a mediafire link.

C-HALE

« Reply #381 on: 2012-02-11 22:03:27 »
SUCCESS!!!  Thanks to UGerstl for posting the alternate link to Aali's driver!  Thanks to DragonNinja for showing me UGerstl's post!  Thanks to Covarr for fixing my "white screen" issue (\shaders\nolight\)!  And ty of course to Aali and the other guys who run this site.  ff7 is the best, ty for making it work on my machine :)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2012-02-12 14:48:56 »
FleetCommand, try disabling shaders

Telémaco

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2012-02-12 21:40:12 »
FleetCommand, try disabling shaders

Not long ago I passed through that part (Selphie with two characters incursion at Missile Base). That kind of glitch is very common in places like that, and…  Tomb of the Unknown King. But disabling shaders doesn’t any difference (at least on my PC). I have the same glitch, and I have shaders not activated, practically since the beginning, and it’s still there.

Hey man (FleetCommand), did you already notice that you can make disappear all that mess, just opening and closing the MENU?

Although… I remember have read, weeks ago, a thread of someone who had the same glitch, but his example was the Tomb of the Unknown King (I remember the screencapture). Those glitches aren’t permanent, and that’s because I just continued the game. You could check that out, maybe he got a solution there.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-13 04:25:42 by Telémaco »

Terid__K

« Reply #384 on: 2012-02-12 22:16:34 »
@Fleet Command: In the first few pages of this thread, I posted about this issue (it's actually in the first page for me, since I chose to display 50 messages per page). Here's the link to the post:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11992.msg166325#msg166325

As you can see, this is a bug with the current version of the driver. You'll have to wait for the next version in which (hopefully) Aali will probably have fixed it.

For now, whenever that happens, bring up the menu and it will go away.

Telémaco

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2012-02-13 04:25:23 »
@Fleet Command: In the first few pages of this thread, I posted about this issue (it's actually in the first page for me, since I chose to display 50 messages per page). Here's the link to the post:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11992.msg166325#msg166325

Ha! Whoops...  xD

The thread I was talking about up there, it was this same. The screencaptures mentioned are those, Fleet.   ; )

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2012-02-13 12:10:25 »
Yes this is a known problem with the driver and it will be fixed in the next version. Its a problem with some of the optimizations I added for FF8 to deal with the massive lag you used to get in the world map on low end rigs.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2012-02-13 20:17:37 »
When using my FMV restoration (and possibly other peoples) the end FMV's that loop (inside the planet onwards) are hanging the game at each loop and are not smooth loops like they used to be with earlier driver.

In the section where you are jumping rocks, the transition to battle also makes the background go black.

matbrowning86

« Reply #388 on: 2012-02-15 14:33:25 »
This may just be me being an idiot but I can't seem to download the driver from anywhere? Could someone possibly enlighten me as to where I can download it? I'm tearing my hair out here :(

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2012-02-15 16:43:25 »
ajthedj747,

You link to an outdated version of Aali's OpenGL driver.
Use ff7_opengl-0.7.8b.zip or newer for compatibility with current mods.

ff7_opengl-0.7.8b.zip                           Aali            Only Use Mpeg Plugin if FMV's Crash     Qhimm FILE

ff7_opengl-0.7.11b.zip                          Aali            OpenGL Driver from the god              Qhimm

Do these links work in your country?
« Last Edit: 2012-03-10 12:26:55 by sl1982 »

matbrowning86

« Reply #390 on: 2012-02-15 16:54:10 »
The links above worked for me so I guess so.

Thanks for the help too much appreciated! :D

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2012-02-15 19:57:28 »
I'm using the latest driver, and everything in FFVII looks like crap.

I think it could very well be the Avalanche Overhaul; I'll lurk around there, too.

App.log is empty, here's my ff7_opengl.cfg:

# ff7_opengl-0.7.10b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 0
window_size_y = 0
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = none

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = off

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = yes

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = off

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = no

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = no

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

I'm probably just missing something really obvious, any help would be greatly appreciated.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2012-02-15 20:29:23 »
Hi Seizmik,

window_size_x = 640  or  1280
window_size_y = 480  or    960

mod_path = avalanche  <== look at the .\mods folder
                                                          e.g. .\mods\avalanche

#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp  remove the # when
                                                              you have FF7Music
                                                              installed

use_shaders = no

fancy_transparency = off   maybe
compress_textures  = no   try this also

# Disable Error Notifications   add these lines at the bottom
disable_popup = on

What graphics card are you using ?
« Last Edit: 2012-03-02 01:50:56 by UGerstl »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2012-02-15 22:00:21 »
Turn off post processing.

Your Avalanche installation is broken.

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2012-02-16 06:32:28 »
Hi Seizmik,

window_size_x = 640  or  1280
window_size_y = 480  or    960

mod_path = avalanche  <== look at the ./mods folder
                                                          e.g. ./mods/avalanche

I don't know why I haven't done this...thanks!

#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp  remove the # when
                                                              you have FF7Music
                                                              installed

I don't have it installed yet, but I'd forgotten how crappy the MIDI's sound :)
use_shaders = no

fancy_transparency = off   maybe
compress_textures  = no   try this also

# Disable Error Notifications   add these lines at the bottom
disable_popup = on

Will do. Already tried compress textures, but nothing changed.

What graphics card are you using ?

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

Turn off post processing.

Your Avalanche installation is broken.

That about sums it up, cheers  :-D

I'll try all of this, but I assume it's just Avalanche; I'll take it over there if more problems ensue. Thanks a lot for the help!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2012-02-16 17:43:49 »
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36889302/FF7/crash.zip

crash happened when I entered the beach area of Costa Del Sol, prob related to sound effect of waves.  I cannot replicate.

Not sure if I reported this before heh
« Last Edit: 2012-02-16 17:54:01 by DLPB »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2012-02-17 11:54:03 »
I'm using about the same graphic card as you, and no problem. Lets also precise that I always turn shaders off.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2012-02-17 17:25:20 »
One of the original Squallff8 rebuilded models crashes the game on the Costa Del Sol beach.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2012-02-17 17:33:13 »
Do we know which it is and do we have a fix :)?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2012-02-17 18:08:33 »
I tested the unified models with the Costa del Sol beach and found no crash.
The models are good.