Author Topic: [FF8-R:Steam] Triple Triad Remaster  (Read 19035 times)

hikashi

• View Profile
Re: [FF8-R:Steam] Triple Triad Remaster
« Reply #25 on: 2019-09-17 14:58:18 »
Why dont we work together on this? Im having trouble getting a higher res field monster model.
I can do the masking and touchup.  ;D

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2019-09-17 22:56:52 »
Again, @hikashi & @casquall ... you guys should team up

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2019-09-18 13:51:12 »
the game crush on startup and give me the error message "unknown error" whatever i inject the mod with the merge option of the prompt program or if i manually inject each single .png file , the main.zzz archive become bigger and i don't know if that's the problem or if mecindus forgot to specify the final step to make sure that the game don't crash with the modded textures since he can actually use this mod in the remastered version

LinSoraK

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2019-12-10 20:49:59 »
Hi :) You've done good work with the board ! Do you think it's possible to give me the psd or the ai file ?

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2020-01-04 19:51:53 »
Posted this on the Tripod topic but think it'll be more useful here

I'll just copy paste ...

(...) is there a way of having the ORIGINAL PS1 CARDS to be upscaled and placed on this game, maybe you guys are already doing this but still, I can't stand the 3D models on the cards ... dunno why ...

Maybe the original ones can be found somewhere and get the background removed and upscaled (as the .zzz archives uses PNG images for cards) ...

Found this ... might be of help ...

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII_Triple_Triad_cards

That's what I'm refering to, having this classic pictures updated/upscaled and with the shown borders/numbers/icons on the previous pages ... also, erasing it's background should not be so hard as it's "nearly" a plain color (no strange pictures to mess with the background remover tool)

Am I the only one willing for sth like this to exist? :P

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2020-01-12 16:48:16 »
Hi, as I've WRONGLY placed this in the wrong topic (Tripod instead of this and for the 2013 version and not the Remastered one) I'm sharing this too for your reference @casquall ...

Obviously I'm no pro with this as I don't know how to use upscaling and AI stuff; instead, I just used bigjpg.com (4x, Low noise reduction) along with the card images I found here and got this results ... took me 1 min for both cards

Not bad at all in my humble opinion ... with the proper knowledge on removing backgrounds and the boders/icons/numbers already present on this thread this could be a cool mod and NEARLY 100% faithful to the original PS1 cards  :)
« Last Edit: 2020-01-12 16:54:42 by CYRU5 »

Xhris

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2020-01-17 16:56:48 »
i've been working on replacing the cards with the new remastered models in a similar position and pose to the original cards, i'm about half way done with it, although i think i need to redo all of them because i didn't realise the textures are stretched when in game

anyways, what do you think?

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #32 on: 2020-01-17 22:22:54 »
i've been working on replacing the cards with the new remastered models in a similar position and pose to the original cards, i'm about half way done with it, although i think i need to redo all of them because i didn't realise the textures are stretched when in game

anyways, what do you think?

I LOVE these.  Great work for the Remaster.

MrMcNikles

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2020-04-30 05:48:50 »
Hey guys, not sure how active this board is, but I saw Hikashi's assets from a google search after trying to make a quick magic set editor template for triple triad cards for my FFD20 campaign. I wanted to PM hikashi and let them know I don't plan on distributing anything, but that I wanted to share the template. I know this doesn't necessarily pertain to the topic at hand, but if anyone wanted to churn out some cards in MSE I have the templates for it!

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2020-05-28 03:21:01 »
very good , please explain to us how to change the four values of the cards :D