Miscellaneous Forums > General Discussion

FF Wiki - Too much nonsense

<< < (2/2)

DLPB_:
I understand the anon nature of it - but Wikipedia leaves citations. I just don't like a lot of research and knowledge being accumulated without any acknowledgement of where it came from.

I've had my rant.

On the Midgardsormr, it would have been easy for them to program it in for the position to be saved.  They wouldn't have to save all segments of it to do this or even the original shape.  It's a design oversight - the menu simply shouldn't be allowed to open there, which fixes all the problems.

If it does spawn always away from character, then point taken on that but wiki is unclear. That's rather lazy of the developers. It may be that the ability to block the menu from opening on various terrain was added at a later time (this is how the Wutai bridges stop you opening the menu) and no-one thought to add the marsh.

Funny, really, because there's no reason I can see for battles or menu being stopped on those bridges - i tested a lot and could not break the game.  Perhaps there is a way to break it with saving, but I haven't managed it.  The battles not being allowed there may be a total oversight; the correct formations do work there. 

nfitc1:
The bridges sway while you're on them. It might be possible through save-reloads to glitch off of them. Then either the game doesn't adjust your z-coord (which could lead to lots of sequence breaking/soft-locking) or it would put you down on the lowest terrain which might soft-lock you in some cases (which means it's bad practice).

DLPB_:
That's what I always thought, but I've swayed and tested an awful lot and I cannot break it (the sway is really slight and code exists to make the character re-position).  So if it does break, it's got to be very rare.  I'll do some more testing soon.

nfitc1:
Most likely it was a function that was disabled during testing because either the sway was larger or the implementation was bad. That function was fixed but the save feature was never reenabled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version