Author Topic: How to edit text contained in ff7.exe and scene.bin?  (Read 3137 times)

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
Hi all, I started recently on a project to revise the Beacause translation a bit since I noticed that many things were not given the option of being reverted in the installer, such as Shin-Ra to Shinra or Esto to Ester, and some item names weren't really translated at all. There's more, but those are a just a few things I saw. While I've got the hang of editing field text with Loveless and Touphscript, I can't seem to change any of the in-battle text (such as fixing Cloud's infamous mistake of telling Barret to attack the scorpion with it's tail up, which I noticed that Beacause didn't fix either) or menu text (wanted to substitute the [OK], [ASSIST], etc. listings with button icons since I've already added them to the font sheet. I've tried using TouphScript to do these things, but my changes don't get reflected in the game even after I encode them back in. Anyone know how to do this? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
Re: How to edit text contained in ff7.exe and scene.bin?
« Reply #1 on: 2019-06-14 19:57:21 »
That's what I'm trying to do, but none of the changes I make to it using touphscript show up in-game after I encode it. That's why I asked. I have Baecause and the MO installed, if that makes a difference. The most recent versions.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-14 19:59:26 by Jairus »

ExDuelist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-06-16 23:03:15 »
That's what I'm trying to do, but none of the changes I make to it using touphscript show up in-game after I encode it. That's why I asked. I have Baecause and the MO installed, if that makes a difference. The most recent versions.

if you're loading The Reunion via 7th heaven via injection method, then your text changes won't be showed, you have to disable beacause first.

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-06-17 03:05:06 »
I had installed Reunion directly rather than use 7H, as 7H doesn't seem to allow you to start a modded game from a shortcut, only directly from 7H itself. Unless I missed something?