Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4884400 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.7)
« Reply #10050 on: 2020-08-05 18:12:01 »
ohh crap so I need to reload to before the first fort condor fight, got it thanks.

what about the part about removing equipment from the team members that are not accessible at the moment?

It depends; you can use the Exchange option in the Materia menu if they're 'available' but at certain points a character will be marked as unavailable and will be hidden in this menu as well. Armour can't be unequipped, but Accessories are covered by Unequip opcodes if they're used.

I should also mention that you don't get boosted EXP for fighting solo, it isn't shared between party members like in other FF games. Best time to gain experience is with a full party.

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: 2020-08-05 20:29:33 »
Couple things:

-In the Mythril Mines, transitioning to the area where the Turks ambush you gives a black screen and an error window pops up saying "An unknown exception has occurred." I'm not using any other mods, just 2.07 Game Type B Hard Mode. But reloading and trying the transition again and it works fine, so...

-I'm getting gil from enemies in the Mythril Mines on Hard Mode.

-The Elphadunk enemy doesn't have a morph item, if that matters to you.

Also,
Spoiler: show
a small thing, but in Game Type B Elena still mentions how the party put Reno "out of action" in the Mythril Mines, even though in B you've yet to encounter him, as Sector 7 wasn't crushed with the plate (yet?), and the Turk you fought in the church was Rude. Unless I'm just forgetting some run-in with Reno or something.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 20:49:10 by flacidapplebottoms »

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: 2020-08-05 21:22:37 »
i am having the same exact issues flacidapplebottoms is having.   it worked fine in type a, but seems to crash in type b during the transition to that area

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: 2020-08-05 21:26:54 »
Couple things:

-In the Mythril Mines, transitioning to the area where the Turks ambush you gives a black screen and an error window pops up saying "An unknown exception has occurred." I'm not using any other mods, just 2.07 Game Type B Hard Mode. But reloading and trying the transition again and it works fine, so...

-I'm getting gil from enemies in the Mythril Mines on Hard Mode.

-The Elphadunk enemy doesn't have a morph item, if that matters to you.

Also,
a small thing, but in Game Type B Elena still mentions how the party put Reno "out of action" in the Mythril Mines, even though in B you've yet to encounter him, as Sector 7 wasn't crushed with the plate (yet?), and the Turk you fought in the church was Rude. Unless I'm just forgetting some run-in with Reno or something.

i am having the same exact issues flacidapplebottoms is having.   it worked fine in type a, but seems to crash in type b during the transition to that area

The issue seems to be that it breaks on the first attempt but then after reloading it works after that. This is a very strange bug which I'm going to have to try and replicate somehow.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: 2020-08-05 21:31:17 »
when i toggle hard mode during the battle it shows "hard mode on" but when the battle is over it shows "hard mode off"?  same concept just in reverse should i do the battle again.  i'm not sure which is on or off.  maybe it turned itself off during last patch, going to go face a battle and see if i keep getting gil now

edit:  it appears that was the case

1: was set to hard mode prior to last update.   
2:  after update i started gaining gil.
3: i went to save and toggled hard mode.   during the battle it showed Hard mode ON.  After the battle i got a pop up saying Hard Mode OFF.  I am no longer getting gil from enemies so i assume i now have hard mode back on even though it shows off?
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 21:33:49 by Kurne »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: 2020-08-05 21:40:09 »
when i toggle hard mode during the battle it shows "hard mode on" but when the battle is over it shows "hard mode off"?  same concept just in reverse should i do the battle again.  i'm not sure which is on or off.  maybe it turned itself off during last patch, going to go face a battle and see if i keep getting gil now

edit:  it appears that was the case

1: was set to hard mode prior to last update.   
2:  after update i started gaining gil.
3: i went to save and toggled hard mode.   during the battle it showed Hard mode ON.  After the battle i got a pop up saying Hard Mode OFF.  I am no longer getting gil from enemies so i assume i now have hard mode back on even though it shows off?

Sounds like they're out of synch; the one reported in-battle should be the accurate one as it's the actual battle variable used by enemies to set themselves up. The field variable only affects that message shown. I'll need to figure out how a desynch between the field var and the battle var occurred; maybe it started out that way or there's a bad toggle on one of the save points.

I wasn't able to replicate the Mythril Mines crash; I started from Kalm area and headed down there, triggered the Zolom field screen in case it's a music instruction of some sort, and cleared the cave out but didn't see it. I deleted an unused field model from there just in case it affects it but an issue like this sounds like something in memory is carrying over to the field and causing it to break, something which is then cleared on a reload. Typically this could be audio/volume instructions or similar.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: 2020-08-05 22:13:38 »
Hey again, cool that you managed to do the thing with Midgar post-reactor 5 in such short notice (Although the Corneo cup thing only triggered a battle with the games first two soldier enemies for me)
Another mention is the scene when Cloud explains to the party in the Hotel at Golden Saucer what's up with Sephiroth and stuff up to that point, and he mentions Aeris being the one who Shinra kidnapped (Type B that is)
Whatever happened to the music when you fight the dragon boss in Temple of the Ancients? Was pretty cool to have some remixed music thrown into the mix.

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: 2020-08-05 22:24:24 »
Hello Sega Chief, glad to know NT 2.0 is finally out!

Is midcore difficulty harder than the standard difficulty on NT 1.5? I find the 1.5 standard difficulty a bit on the easy side and the 2.0 a little on the hard side. Is mid-core any different?

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: 2020-08-05 22:28:59 »
Oh and another thing, since you changed the ratio of draining hp and mp, the osmose spell is very... lacking.
Is there perhaps a chance you could revert the change on the MP side at least?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: 2020-08-05 22:36:32 »
Hey again, cool that you managed to do the thing with Midgar post-reactor 5 in such short notice (Although the Corneo cup thing only triggered a battle with the games first two soldier enemies for me)
Another mention is the scene when Cloud explains to the party in the Hotel at Golden Saucer what's up with Sephiroth and stuff up to that point, and he mentions Aeris being the one who Shinra kidnapped (Type B that is)
Whatever happened to the music when you fight the dragon boss in Temple of the Ancients? Was pretty cool to have some remixed music thrown into the mix.

It should be the right battle ID now, but if not then this next update will definitely correct it.

Some dialogue needs to be caught that references Type A continuity, I'll add alt dialogue to this scene now.

The theme that played in 1.5 was dropped, on Type A it's more of a mid-boss than anything else.

Hello Sega Chief, glad to know NT 2.0 is finally out!

Is midcore difficulty harder than the standard difficulty on NT 1.5? I find the 1.5 standard difficulty a bit on the easy side and the 2.0 a little on the hard side. Is mid-core any different?

There is no midcore difficulty, just normal mode and an optional hard mode; Type A and Type B may be harder/easier than each other in places depending on the situation. Midcore is the term I use to describe the mod's intended level of difficulty as a whole; the aim is for a middleground. I had this aim for both 1.5 and the 2.0 rebuild.

Oh and another thing, since you changed the ratio of draining hp and mp, the osmose spell is very... lacking.
Is there perhaps a chance you could revert the change on the MP side at least?

Think it's an all or nothing kind of deal. I'm considering a buff for draining effects again though, if there's space. Worst case I'll set it back to 100% rate.

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: 2020-08-05 22:45:23 »
I'm considering a buff for draining effects

Not a bad idea. Right now Materia like HP Absorb don't have the impact necessary to justify using a Materia slot for them, IMHO.

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: 2020-08-05 23:21:25 »
In Game Type B:

Assault Gun works as having All (not sure if it has long range too). I reckon this is not intended.
Tifa said "I'm coming along with you this time" (incohesive)

PS: PATCHED
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 23:46:50 by Schrödinger »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: 2020-08-05 23:29:43 »
In Game Type B, Assault Gun works as having All (not sure if it has long range too). I reckon this is not intended.

It's intended for all of Barret's machine guns to have the toggle All property.

v2.0.8 Update is now up:

v2.0.8 - 5/08/2020
*) Icicle Inn: Innkeeper had Barret name on one of his dialogue lines.
*) Mt. Nibel: Chests visible during Cloud's Memory Flashback.
*) Chocobo Ranch: Chocobos being moved into stable would fade to black during selection screen.
*) Submarine: Aeris position was overlaying Yuffie's.
*) Shinra HQ: Vending Machine price check fixed.
*) Shinra HQ: An issue where the script would jump players to the wrong Floor 67 after a Type B scene.
*) Sector 5 Slums: Cloud could clip through the Sector 7 gates under certain conditions in Type B.
*) Shinra HQ: Cloud mixes up character names in the stairwell.
*) Cargo Ship: Barret would say two sets of lines which are intended to differ from Type A to Type B.
*) Church: Altered scene when re-entering the Church early on Type B.
*) Sector 7: Tifa's lines change on Type B when saying she'll come along this time.
*) Train: Cloud line changes on Type B.
*) Save Point: Corrected a variable trigger for Hard Mode toggle.
*) Wall Market: Corneo's Mansion sealed off during certain parts of Type B.
*) Mt. Nibel: The boss on Mt. Nibel would not vanish after being defeated under certain conditions.
*) Kalm: Some dialogue with Red XIII would not match events on Type B.
*) Wall Market: An unused Cait Sith was visible in the diner on Disc 2/3.
*) Ancient Forest: Resized text at entrance.
*) Blue Materia Cave: Changed text when picking up the Materia.
*) Ultimate Weapon: Corel Reactor encounter had some attacks not set with an animation.
*) Cactuar: Added check for decrementing run chance + deactivation AI.
*) Cobalt XIV: Fixed AI target for Ice2.
*) COMMANDO: Text for an attack name had REDBOX in it.
*) Gondola: An issue where a 2nd Cloud could appear.
*) Cait Sith: Can no longe regen MP past his maximum when not defending.
*) Yuffie: Innate altered, now has a Defend-activated ability called Throwlette.
*) Red XIII: Innate altered, max stat gain is now +45 instead of +35.
*) Documentation: Item location for a 1/35 Soldier updated.
*) Hard Mode: Toggle on field screens was opposite to the one reported in-battle (actual setting).
*) Elfadunk: Morph added (Tent).
*) Mythril Mines: Dialogue altered for Type B continuity.
*) Ghost Hotel: Dialogue altered for Type B continuity.

The Hard Mode toggle won't correct on an affected save file though unfortunately; ignore what the field text says as it's the opposite. New Games will have the correct On/Off message.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 23:38:14 by Sega Chief »

PokeFaize

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.8)
« Reply #10063 on: 2020-08-05 23:42:19 »
Hopped on my Game Type A file while waiting for 2.0.8 (which released as I was about to type this up lol), and wanted to let you know Aerith's healing staffs trigger Cover. Cait had this problem in 1.5 with his MP Restoring Megaphones, and I assume his scaled off of Strength rather than Magic like Aerith's healing staffs used to. I remember you saying that you changed Aerith's healing staffs to scale off of Strength so Strength and Luck would have some use on a Magic focused Aerith.

EDIT: almost forgot, where's the documentation for the "where to find enemy skills"?
« Last Edit: 2020-08-06 00:06:18 by PokeFaize »

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: 2020-08-06 00:11:47 »
EDIT: almost forgot, where's the documentation for the "where to find enemy skills"?
It's in the Item and Materia placements file
« Last Edit: 2020-08-06 00:16:18 by gnollboll »

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #10065 on: 2020-08-06 00:40:58 »
It's in the Item and Materia placements file
I'm looking at the one bundled with the installer and it doesn't have Enemy Skill locations. Does the one from the documents download link have the locations listed?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: 2020-08-06 00:54:50 »
I'm looking at the one bundled with the installer and it doesn't have Enemy Skill locations. Does the one from the documents download link have the locations listed?

Yeah it does, I'll add it to the installer docs next time.

Edit: I added a link to Berub's google spreadsheet of the extracted item drops, steals, and morphs for enemies to the front page of the thread.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-06 03:52:40 by Sega Chief »

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: 2020-08-06 10:53:58 »
what are the prices on rufus ceremony defilade march and then the presentation?
is it worth to try get the best score or not?
any missable items?

also why in the live presentation buttons are displayed as PAD symbols?
when on the training it showed "OK","MENU" etc.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-06 13:23:56 by boozek »

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: 2020-08-06 12:50:32 »
During the WEAPON attack in Junon disc 2 Scarlet mentions dropping the plate
What kind of tools do you use to change the game you do? Is it Makou reactor?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: 2020-08-06 13:23:04 »
what are the prices on rufus ceremony defilade march and then the presentation?
is it worth to try get the best score or not?
any missable items?

also why in the live presentation buttons are displayed as PAD symbols?
when on the training it showed "OK","MENU" etc.

100+ = Silver Armlet
60+ = Titan Bangle
Below 60 = Nothing

I did a mass search-replace for the button icons, but for some reason a few didn't come through. I'll change the ones you mentioned.

During the WEAPON attack in Junon disc 2 Scarlet mentions dropping the plate
What kind of tools do you use to change the game you do? Is it Makou reactor?

Makou Reactor is the tool used to change the field script; it opens the flevel.lgp in FF7/Data/Field.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: 2020-08-06 13:46:54 »
Neato, been considering lately to do a mod for FF8 since this has inspired me a lot

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: 2020-08-06 13:52:04 »
Neato, been considering lately to do a mod for FF8 since this has inspired me a lot

For FF8, you'll want the Deling tool; similar deal but doubles up as an archive manager as well for importing/exporting modified files to .fs archives. To edit FF8 field script, open a field.fs found in FF8/Data/lang-en (if Steam original release) using Deling.

Walker--1995

• View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: 2020-08-06 16:14:28 »
It's intended for all of Barret's machine guns to have the toggle All property.

v2.0.8 Update is now up:

v2.0.8 - 5/08/2020
*) Icicle Inn: Innkeeper had Barret name on one of his dialogue lines.
*) Mt. Nibel: Chests visible during Cloud's Memory Flashback.
*) Chocobo Ranch: Chocobos being moved into stable would fade to black during selection screen.
*) Submarine: Aeris position was overlaying Yuffie's.
*) Shinra HQ: Vending Machine price check fixed.
*) Shinra HQ: An issue where the script would jump players to the wrong Floor 67 after a Type B scene.
*) Sector 5 Slums: Cloud could clip through the Sector 7 gates under certain conditions in Type B.
*) Shinra HQ: Cloud mixes up character names in the stairwell.
*) Cargo Ship: Barret would say two sets of lines which are intended to differ from Type A to Type B.
*) Church: Altered scene when re-entering the Church early on Type B.
*) Sector 7: Tifa's lines change on Type B when saying she'll come along this time.
*) Train: Cloud line changes on Type B.
*) Save Point: Corrected a variable trigger for Hard Mode toggle.
*) Wall Market: Corneo's Mansion sealed off during certain parts of Type B.
*) Mt. Nibel: The boss on Mt. Nibel would not vanish after being defeated under certain conditions.
*) Kalm: Some dialogue with Red XIII would not match events on Type B.
*) Wall Market: An unused Cait Sith was visible in the diner on Disc 2/3.
*) Ancient Forest: Resized text at entrance.
*) Blue Materia Cave: Changed text when picking up the Materia.
*) Ultimate Weapon: Corel Reactor encounter had some attacks not set with an animation.
*) Cactuar: Added check for decrementing run chance + deactivation AI.
*) Cobalt XIV: Fixed AI target for Ice2.
*) COMMANDO: Text for an attack name had REDBOX in it.
*) Gondola: An issue where a 2nd Cloud could appear.
*) Cait Sith: Can no longe regen MP past his maximum when not defending.
*) Yuffie: Innate altered, now has a Defend-activated ability called Throwlette.
*) Red XIII: Innate altered, max stat gain is now +45 instead of +35.
*) Documentation: Item location for a 1/35 Soldier updated.
*) Hard Mode: Toggle on field screens was opposite to the one reported in-battle (actual setting).
*) Elfadunk: Morph added (Tent).
*) Mythril Mines: Dialogue altered for Type B continuity.
*) Ghost Hotel: Dialogue altered for Type B continuity.

The Hard Mode toggle won't correct on an affected save file though unfortunately; ignore what the field text says as it's the opposite. New Games will have the correct On/Off message.

im playing the latest version of new threat and im at the point aeris dies but i get no option to keep her alive in the dialogue before the FMV, is this because im playing game mode A or is it changed in 2.0? the mod is great man keep up the amazing work! this is the most fun ive had with FF7 thank you so much
« Last Edit: 2020-08-06 16:40:24 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: 2020-08-06 16:40:01 »

im playing the latest version of new threat and im at the point aeris dies but i get no option to keep her alive in the dialogue before the FMV, is this because im playing game mode A or is it changed in 2.0? the mod is great man keep up the amazing work! this is the most fun ive had with FF7 thank you so much

It's available in both Type A and Type B but the way it is done is different:

During the fight, she'll be revived by the boss and start to attack the player party. If she survives the battle, she'll stick around; if she's KO'd then she won't and you get the only Ribbon available in the game. To boost your chances, avoid using random-target or forced-All attacks like Meteorain, Tifa's Limits, Aqualung, etc.

Off-topic, it's been mentioned a few times that some users prefer the PC prompts for buttons so I've added them alongside the controller button prompts. They'll be in the 2.0.9 update.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-06 16:43:11 by Sega Chief »

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: 2020-08-06 17:12:40 »
Type B:

- Super minor thing. When you met Tifa she already appears named as "Tifa". Afair the game never saw any name before you name the character yourself.
- Innates are not updated in the beginner hall in sector 7

« Last Edit: 2020-08-06 17:50:06 by Schrödinger »