Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4911054 times)

El Grillo

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.10)
« Reply #10150 on: 2020-08-10 09:22:14 »
A Mode Disk 2:
Spoiler: show

There seem to be a couple of bugs in the Zack flashback scene where you get Omnislash and Great Gospel. While Cloud was renamed Zack for the battles (I came unprepared in my default tank-support setup and eventually got ground down by the Slalom + 2x Heligunner due to not being set up for Dual + Sleep, is there an end to the gauntlet?), I got two rename character prompts afterwards: one for Cloud, one for Cait Sith. Afterwards I was returned to the Highwind bridge with Cloud KOed.

EDIT: I came back better prepared for the solo fights and beat the 6x SOLDIER:1st fight, which was pretty neat. Ziedrich, Barrier/MBarrier with Regen, Added Effect-Mystify in armor, and Magic Counter-Cure1 kept me from taking too much damage, and Alexander's Stop and Cross-Slash helped as well. Then for damage I just relied on counterattacks and poison ticks from Bad Breath. Only needed one Elixir when my MBarrier slipped for a turn. I had been using Berserk for the earlier SOLDIERs, but their 4x-Cut move is actually fantastic because counters can proc on each attack, and Sleepel is a wasted turn from them.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-10 10:13:25 by El Grillo »

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: 2020-08-10 12:59:25 »
Loving the mod so far Sega! A few boss fight changes have been weirdly placed but apart from that this mod is the best I've ever played! Keep it up!
« Last Edit: 2020-08-10 14:08:28 by EternalLykaios »

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: 2020-08-10 13:57:44 »
Hey there... Playing through 2.0 (currently on latest patch 2.010). Nice job so far. This version seems a little easier over 1.5 in general but maybe I know what you have up your sleeve for the most part now.

have the limit break requirements changed? I've manged to get Tifa to unlock Level 2 (she's currently on 132 kills looking at the save file in Black Chocobo).

Cloud has 149 kills and Yuffie has 83. Looking at the requirements online in the game -mods they should be unlocked by now?

Just wondering if something is up?

Cheers.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: 2020-08-10 15:52:55 »
A Mode Disk 2:

There seem to be a couple of bugs in the Zack flashback scene where you get Omnislash and Great Gospel. While Cloud was renamed Zack for the battles (I came unprepared in my default tank-support setup and eventually got ground down by the Slalom + 2x Heligunner due to not being set up for Dual + Sleep, is there an end to the gauntlet?), I got two rename character prompts afterwards: one for Cloud, one for Cait Sith. Afterwards I was returned to the Highwind bridge with Cloud KOed.

EDIT: I came back better prepared for the solo fights and beat the 6x SOLDIER:1st fight, which was pretty neat. Ziedrich, Barrier/MBarrier with Regen, Added Effect-Mystify in armor, and Magic Counter-Cure1 kept me from taking too much damage, and Alexander's Stop and Cross-Slash helped as well. Then for damage I just relied on counterattacks and poison ticks from Bad Breath. Only needed one Elixir when my MBarrier slipped for a turn. I had been using Berserk for the earlier SOLDIERs, but their 4x-Cut move is actually fantastic because counters can proc on each attack, and Sleepel is a wasted turn from them.

I'll explain:

On the 7th Heaven version, a model swap is performed and the character is renamed so that you play as Zack during this section. Unfortunately, that can't be done on the plain installer and Reunion versions so all that happens is the rename function and the Cloud battle model is retained. After the scene concludes, the rename prompts are given so the player can rename Cloud to whatever custom name they had before as I can't record and then set the custom name through script. Chocobo names have some support for this as they retrieve their names from variables but I found it wasn't suitable.

Cait Sith also gets a prompt here because it seems that renaming Cloud also renames Cait's slot as well, due to the Young Cloud thing. So he has to be renamed manually afterwards as well which would seem a bit out of nowhere for anyone not familiar with the inner workings of the character slots.

Hey there... Playing through 2.0 (currently on latest patch 2.010). Nice job so far. This version seems a little easier over 1.5 in general but maybe I know what you have up your sleeve for the most part now.

have the limit break requirements changed? I've manged to get Tifa to unlock Level 2 (she's currently on 132 kills looking at the save file in Black Chocobo).

Cloud has 149 kills and Yuffie has 83. Looking at the requirements online in the game -mods they should be unlocked by now?

Just wondering if something is up?

Cheers.

There was some confusion over that because the requirements were set low before the beta test run was made but then raised again when it was felt that they were unlocking far too fast, but the documentation + Junon Beginner's Hall text wasn't updated with that info at the time. They should have the correct numbers now though.

In any case, Cloud has the highest number of kill requirements and then it slowly scales down for characters who join later. Cloud needs 180 for Lv2, then 360 for lv3. Tifa needs 120 then 180. Yuffie needs 100, then 160. Cait and Vincent are exceptions in that they need a very low number of kills to get their next Limit Levels. And Cid has the lowest besides those two, needing 50 then 100. The kills needed are cumulative, so when Cloud gets 180 kills to learn Lv2, he needs a further 180 kills to get lv3.

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: 2020-08-10 15:58:51 »
Thanks! Will just mosey on through so and they'll unlock eventually... Trying to rotate my characters this time (minus Cait Sith as screw him) to get their limits unlocked instead of just having a min party.  :)

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10155 on: 2020-08-10 16:46:13 »
what is rotten elixir for?

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: 2020-08-10 17:10:03 »
Type B: Low-Junon after defeating Bottomswell. If you talk to Tifa there's an errata "A big loud parade for his inaugration. He really is just like his father."

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: 2020-08-10 17:13:52 »
In the North Crater Hatchery Area, a.k.a. the place for magic pots, there is a pincer attack encounter with two Ahrimans, which feels like it always presents a possible game-over while AP grinding there. They use Lv.4 Death, which is avoidable, but also counter with Lv.3 Flare which seems to do max(?) damage, and possibly makes the fight undoable on a Lvl99 party, if you don't have Exit/Smoke Bombs. Also, I think I never encountered Movers in that area, though they might be a bit rare.

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: 2020-08-10 18:19:34 »
Trying to rotate my characters this time (minus Cait Sith as screw him) to get their limits unlocked instead of just having a min party.  :)

Cait is my MVP, infinite mp for everyone. His limits suck though.

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: 2020-08-10 18:59:51 »
Question
i cant seem to find the 1/35 soldier in the sister ray, where is it? or at least give me confirmation that it is in the sister ray section where you walk with tifa, i guess it is hidden

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: 2020-08-10 19:32:08 »
Question
i cant seem to find the 1/35 soldier in the sister ray, where is it? or at least give me confirmation that it is in the sister ray section where you walk with tifa, i guess it is hidden

its not hidden. prob same as me.

Sega ChiefToday at 18:01
Checked, seems to be bugged; the init has combined with the main at some point during saving
[18:01]
so the two scripts have been joined into each other

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: 2020-08-10 20:12:29 »
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but after getting get Sector 5 key and going back to Wallmarket, going into the Don's place causes Cloud to dress up. Which triggers the Don choice scene, but the animations halt before he chooses, so you can move and go into his room, then leaving it makes everything go back to normal.

And is there any way to get back up to the Shinra building on Game Type B?

Update: Upon leaving Midgar, the leaving scene happens which causes the game to softlock.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: 2020-08-10 21:14:00 »
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but after getting get Sector 5 key and going back to Wallmarket, going into the Don's place causes Cloud to dress up. Which triggers the Don choice scene, but the animations halt before he chooses, so you can move and go into his room, then leaving it makes everything go back to normal.

And is there any way to get back up to the Shinra building on Game Type B?

Update: Upon leaving Midgar, the leaving scene happens which causes the game to softlock.

Your game moment value has probably been set low again due to that corneo scene triggering, which is why the leaving scene happened when you went back to the sector perimeter gate. I'll have another look at the vars handling corneo's mansion and get them toggled.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: 2020-08-10 22:52:42 »
I just finished up the Huge Materia sequence and decided to try the Materia Cave bosses with the Guidebook-for-Gold Chocobo trade. For the 4x Quadrangea fight, Sense says that they're weak to a bunch of elements, but then they absorbed elemental attacks instead. Is this supposed to indicate that they absorb twice as much? Oddly, when I casted Phoenix as a desperate Life2, that damage did go through and helped a bunch.

After a quick defeat on my first attempt, I ended up going with a defense-oriented Laser-spamming approach with Great Gospel to buy time and it worked, at the cost of all of my X-Potions and my first Megalixir (thanks Fort Condor). There was probably a more elegant solution, but it was a fun fight in any case.

I feel a touch under-leveled at level 45-50, but I figured they're available now so why not at least try them?

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: 2020-08-10 22:56:40 »
Bug report: Type B. Junon. Respectable Inn. Innates not updated.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: 2020-08-10 23:22:15 »
I just finished up the Huge Materia sequence and decided to try the Materia Cave bosses with the Guidebook-for-Gold Chocobo trade. For the 4x Quadrangea fight, Sense says that they're weak to a bunch of elements, but then they absorbed elemental attacks instead. Is this supposed to indicate that they absorb twice as much? Oddly, when I casted Phoenix as a desperate Life2, that damage did go through and helped a bunch.

After a quick defeat on my first attempt, I ended up going with a defense-oriented Laser-spamming approach with Great Gospel to buy time and it worked, at the cost of all of my X-Potions and my first Megalixir (thanks Fort Condor). There was probably a more elegant solution, but it was a fun fight in any case.

I feel a touch under-leveled at level 45-50, but I figured they're available now so why not at least try them?

Sense is misleading in that fight, as they're set to be weak to every element but will then set resistances based on the attack-set they get allocated. The trick to it is to use the element of the attacks back at them, but this can be difficult to ascertain at first due to there being four of them each using their own attack-set. If you see a water, fire, wind, and earth attack being used then work through those elements until one lands then stick with that until the form you're on dies. Non-elemental attacks also work, but some will prompt a counter like Comet or Ultima.

Bug report: Type B. Junon. Respectable Inn. Innates not updated.

All right, I'll sort that.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: 2020-08-11 00:15:02 »
So I got a bit carried away and did the other 3 Materia Caves in the following order:

Mimic: fairly straightforward, my standard setup was enough to grind through to victory.
6 Heroes: first set wasn't too bad, but I was caught by surprise by the second set and misplayed horribly. For example, not realizing that Green Hero's Dragonsong was applying mass Regen... came better prepared to set up for the second half of the fight and it wasn't too bad.
Omega and Shinryu: Somehow won on first attempt. I knew about Omega's Stop vulnerability, and managed to keep it out of the fight for the most part. Encircle was nasty, but hit support-tank Cloud so it wasn't a huge deal. However, something weird happened at the end: Shinryu used Zombie Breath and Cloud was subsequently KO'ed, and I got the pop-up when I revived him with Life2. In the same turn, without zombie-Cloud ever getting a full ATB bar, I finished off Shinryu. When Shinryu used its final attack counter Almagest, Cloud took no damage while the other two party members died (Tifa lived with Grit), and the game recorded that as a victory. Cloud got EXP and AP as well.

Great Gospel was key in all of these fights, I made sure to start with access to it, and usually managed to fire off another during the encounter. I had somehow forgotten about Comet during the Quadrangea fight and swapped to it afterward as my primary damage source, along with Tifa's Deathblow+Added Cut and limits chipping in (I couldn't use the Curse Ring/Powersoul combo though, I found it too fragile).

Fun fights and a good level of challenge. I had to use a handful of Megalixirs which likely could've been avoided with cleaner play or higher levels and better preparation, and while the bosses were very threatening it all felt mostly fair, with counter-play available.

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: 2020-08-11 13:02:10 »
Hi,

Nice work Sega. You've really succeeded with the content. But i have one problem. I can't continue the game at this rate.
After Cids recruiting, I made my way to Battle Square. When I enter Dio's museum for the black materia, I have only a black screen. Music keeps playing, otherwise nothing works. I can't even quit the game in full screen, only a PC restart will help. I use v2.0.10.

Maybe someone know what the problem is in my case :(

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: 2020-08-11 13:55:06 »
Hi,

Nice work Sega. You've really succeeded with the content. But i have one problem. I can't continue the game at this rate.
After Cids recruiting, I made my way to Battle Square. When I enter Dio's museum for the black materia, I have only a black screen. Music keeps playing, otherwise nothing works. I can't even quit the game in full screen, only a PC restart will help. I use v2.0.10.

I've literally just hit the same issue. :( I've turned off all Mods except New Threat 2.0 and still a black screen.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: 2020-08-11 14:15:37 »
Hi,

I've literally just hit the same issue. :( I've turned off all Mods except New Threat 2.0 and still a black screen.

Yeah I've just fixed it; there's a bug in the version of the Makou Reactor tool I use where it will place a label at the top of an init script, then redirect all the jumps to it, creating an infinite loop (which means the field can never finish initialisation). I'll upload a patch just now.

Also, the pattern for versioning doesn't play nice with 7h's auto-update going into .10, so I'll need to alter the numbering to something like .91-99.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-11 14:20:35 by Sega Chief »

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #10170 on: 2020-08-11 14:20:22 »
Yeah I've just fixed it; there's a bug in the version of the Makou Reactor tool I use where it will place a label at the top of an init script, then redirect all the jumps to it, creating an infinite loop (which means the field can never finish initialisation). I'll upload a patch just now.

Unreal. Thanks lad!

Shin

• View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: 2020-08-11 14:23:22 »
Hello Sega Chief.
1st post and at first thank you for creating the amazing mod.
I once played the old version, and now really enjoying ver 2.0.
I have one query,
I reached the bottom of North Crater in Disk3 and visited the Utai for Yuffie's side quest (GODO tower),
but since I didn't defeat Chehof by Disk2, at the 3rd floor Chehof's dialog comes up and she won't let me go up next floor. (But Chehof is invisible, so it's stuck)
Could you fix it?
Pass the previous quest or I'd rather continue from the previous quest.

Thanks, regards

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: 2020-08-11 14:30:08 »
Hello Sega Chief.
1st post and at first thank you for creating the amazing mod.
I once played the old version, and now really enjoying ver 2.0.
I have one query,
I reached the bottom of North Crater in Disk3 and visited the Utai for Yuffie's side quest (GODO tower),
but since I didn't defeat Chehof by Disk2, at the 3rd floor Chehof's dialog comes up and she won't let me go up next floor. (But Chehof is invisible, so it's stuck)
Could you fix it?
Pass the previous quest or I'd rather continue from the previous quest.

Thanks, regards

Could I get a copy of your save file? I've been looking for one to test a fix against.

Patch for the Battle Square Museum issue is up. Not a lot else in there, but story-blocking bugs like that take priority for a new patch.

v2.0.11 - 11/08/2020
*) 1/35 Soldier on Sister Ray was incorrectly placed
*) Battle Square Museum; bug during editing prevented the field from loading.
*) Adjusted positioning for Type B Boss in Temple of the Ancients.

Edit: Scratch that, I left a battle on the Highwind save point. I'll need to redo them.

Edit2: Now the patches are up.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-11 14:50:36 by Sega Chief »

Metsys

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.11)
« Reply #10173 on: 2020-08-11 17:56:01 »
Question
Wheres the 1/35 soldier in Da chao? ive checked the entire mountain but i cant seem to find it. I havent checked the cave since i dont have the leviathan scales yet, is it there? playing with tifa right now in between finding cloud/getting the highwind

Schrödinger

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.11)
« Reply #10174 on: 2020-08-11 18:22:03 »
Typo. Type B. In the elevator from Corel Prison to Gold Saucer, Esther: "But most of Chocobos I have are quite mellow, so you won't won't have that problem here!"