Author Topic: Trouble - biggest mods downloads constantly reinitialising  (Read 9584 times)

Orryzon

• View Profile
Hello,

i'm very new to this board, so hi you all ! My name is Chris, and I'm am interested in discovering Final Fantasy 7 on PC, bought it on steam, and tried to download the different mods using the 7th Heaven program, but the biggest ones (more than 2Go) won't download. After a time, the speed download info freeze and I have to start again from zero. It has happening to me continuously for the past 5 days, and I can't do much more for now... is it any other possible way to download those file and import them after into the program ? Like by torrent for example ?

Thank you very much for your time
« Last Edit: 2016-02-16 09:10:59 by Orryzon »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
There's no other way to download them for the time being. Have you right-click the download bar and selected "Cancel" from the Download window? This will not actually cancel the entire download, but restart and resume where it left off.

Orryzon

• View Profile
I did, unfortunately everytime I hit that button, it reinitializes the download from the beginning, as the progress bar goes back from 0.
Thank you for your reply !
« Last Edit: 2016-02-16 09:58:57 by Orryzon »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Goes back from 0 or to 0? If it's from 0, then the download never starts to begin with. If it's to 0, then you should see the bar increase rapidly and then slow down at a certain spot. The rapid growth is just the verification of what was already downloaded previously, and the slow down is where it picks up from which it left.

Orryzon

• View Profile
Goes back to 0, which means that apparently, the download is restarted BUT with the part downloaded still saved. I just checked the "temp" mod folder containing the file and indeed, it is still present and the download seem to resume from this file, which seems cool then ! Thank you very much for your assistance :).

Giud

• View Profile
Goes back to 0, which means that apparently, the download is restarted BUT with the part downloaded still saved. I just checked the "temp" mod folder containing the file and indeed, it is still present and the download seem to resume from this file, which seems cool then ! Thank you very much for your assistance :).

Hang in there, if I was able to download most of the mods with my 4mbps(!) connection, I'm sure you can do it to.

Orryzon

• View Profile
No sorry, it was a false joy, apparently, after a while, the download stops with the following error displayed in the right column of the 7th Heaven interface : A exception occured during a webclient request. And then, if I click "cancel" the temporary file is deleted and it restarted from scratch... :/

UPDATE : after further tests, I confirm that no matter which mod I download, if the process is interrupted or the download cancelled, the temp file is lost and the download begins from the whole beginning, losing the data already downloaded and make it nearly impossible for me to grab the biggest mods...

UPDATE 2 : finally manage to get all the mods by changing computer for one connected by ethernet wire and then transfering the mod files to the first computer, thank you very much !
« Last Edit: 2016-02-18 08:49:30 by Orryzon »

waldaz

• View Profile
Hi everybody! I'm new here :)

I wanted to play FF7 and found this is the best compilation of mods to use, but I've got the same problem I read here. Basically I've managed to download all the mods bar the biggest two: the Media - Movies one (4.8GB) and the Field Textures - Part 1 (6.7GB). Every time the download stops and gets stuck or automatically starts again from 0 with a WebClient error, I tried at least 10 times. Is there a way to resume the download from the point it stops? Or maybe can someone upload the two IRO files somewhere else? Because otherwise it's absolutely impossible :(

UPDATE: At least I finally managed to get the Movies one, hurray!
« Last Edit: 2016-06-24 17:17:20 by waldaz »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
If you right-click it from the Downloads window and select Cancel, it should restart the download without having to close the 7H client. I believe it restarts from where it stops when you do this. It's worked for me in the past with stuck downloads.

waldaz

• View Profile
I did but unfortunately it starts again from the beginning and all is lost.
By the way I left the download going overnight and I finally got the last Textures mod too, phew! Thank you anyway  :)

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
Re: Trouble - biggest mods downloads constantly reinitialising
« Reply #10 on: 2016-07-16 17:57:18 »
I am having the exact same problem with the 3.3 GB filed textures mod. Every time it gets to about half way done the downloader freezes and 7th heaven stops responding. clicking cancel deletes the partially downloaded iro file from the temp directory and starts again from the very beginning. This is very frustrating and annoying as I am on a 15GB monthly contract. Really these mods need an alternative download mirror or something. I did however manage to take a copy of my partially completed iro file at 1.5GB and have installed it. It seems to be replacing the filed texture fine. I am guessing I will get to a point in the game where the partial download ends and they will go back to low res.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-07-16 19:29:07 »
I actually found a set of field textures (3GB) on these forums that can still be download from a hosting site going to try them next month when my internet allowance is reset. They are here if anyone having issues with the 7th heaven downloader wants to try them out in the meantime:    https://1fichier.com/?kbkwrdpygc

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-07-17 00:06:59 »
I changed the download links for the bigger sized mods to prioritize using MEGA first and Google Drive second (it was opposite before). I downloaded today just fine. I'm sure it has something to do with your internet connection.

I'm going to provide download links outside the 7H Catalog tab in the next update, but be aware that is not without its loses. You won't get automatic updates anymore, meaning you will have to check the website and download/install manually any patches. You also will have to install and load the patch files in the correct order, meaning your Active Mods list could turn pretty messy. This will also be a nightmare for providing any kind of support because you will HAVE to post your Profile Details to see that load orders are correct.

matsmith83

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-07-18 15:24:56 »
I seem to be having a related problem with downloading some of the larger mods.

I'm currently trying to get 'Media - Movies' and 'Media - Music and Sound' but the downloads freeze at almost the same point every time.  Clicking 'cancel' results in a crash of 7th Heaven.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Download>b__6() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:line 127
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.CancelDownload(Transfer tfr) in c:\Iros\IrosMega\MegaIros.cs:line 509
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Download>b__8() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:line 144
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fDownloads.cancelToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fDownloads.cs:line 276
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The 'temp' folder contains the partially downloaded .iro, 1.46 GB worth.

All other mods downloaded without any trouble.

dcdadc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-02-20 21:43:06 »
WARNING DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH 7th HEAVEN.. the 7th Heaven mods are not available in 2020 anymore.  4 years later and Ive got the exact same problem. Cant download half the mods and the other half freeze halfway thru. Click cancel and the download starts from the beginning again, spent almost 2 hours installing 7th Heaven and it is broken asf.  Is there anything new that will actually download these mods properly

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #15 on: 2020-02-21 10:02:29 »
WARNING DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH 7th HEAVEN.. the 7th Heaven mods are not available in 2020 anymore.  4 years later and Ive got the exact same problem. Cant download half the mods and the other half freeze halfway thru. Click cancel and the download starts from the beginning again, spent almost 2 hours installing 7th Heaven and it is broken asf.  Is there anything new that will actually download these mods properly

Why resurrect such an old thread? Stop spreading FUD. The mods are still available as usual. Come 3/3 and the whole thing will be turned on its head anyway.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-02-21 11:17:47 »
His buried false narrative isn't going to effect 7H 2.0 in the least. This is the kind of post that illustrates why I'm here for the community 100% but I'm not here for folks who feel entitled to everything, especially after they admitted being someone who pops in rarely over 4 years offering nothing in that time frame except silence or complaining.