Author Topic: Final Fantasy III?  (Read 10333 times)

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
Final Fantasy III?
« on: 2014-08-31 06:16:20 »
Hey, just wondering if anyone's made any Final Fantasy III mods. I know VII gets all the love, but since we now have 3 main FF games on PC(I REALLY hope we get the 3d remake of IV!), if anyone took a whack at modding III?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Final Fantasy III?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-31 15:40:07 »
I'm confused. There IS a 3D remake of IV on the DS (yes, it's pretty different). As for FF3, this board typically focuses on FF7 and later iterations. I'm sure there are groups that have done FF3 stuff.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-31 16:46:15 »
Try GBATemp.net. They do a lot of console related hacking. I don't know how many games they support, though.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-09 07:41:26 »
I dont know if you're talking about the III or VI, since they are the same across some regions, but there was one guy in this forum working in FF6 (the one that got a remake for gameboy) where he was adding new dungeons (from the remake), fixing language issues, removing some censorship from the west game, and a bunch of other things. I think he stopped using this forum though.

iceydamo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-12-14 22:01:56 »
he is talking about modding the pc realease of final fantasy 3 whish a re release of the ds version and now they have done 4 aswell

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2014-12-15 01:05:19 »
There are currently no FF3 mods for any 3D version of the game. Platform-specifically, the PSP version of FF3 uses the same model textures as the PC version, though the HUD/Menu images and pre-rendered videos are quite a bit lower res, and I suspect the frame rate is lower. But as far as I can tell, in all versions of the game, the textures are rendered with nearest filtering which looks pixelated and retro. For such LQ textures, PPSSPP has this amazing form of texture filtering called xBRZ Hybrid Bicubic that makes all images and textures in the game look smooth and sharpened, in a way that currently no other version of the game can. For the most renderer-specific graphical-enhancing mods, I suggest buying the PSP version, applying any necessary language patches available if it's a foreign copy, dumping the ISO to your hard drive, installing the latest build of PPSSPP, and then depending on your computer or tablet's graphics capabilities, running the ISO on PPSSPP with various graphics enhancement settings. Personally, when I'm focusing on quality rather than maximum performance, I use 4x resolution, 16x AF, 5x Hybrid Bicubic Upscaling, and Natural/FXAA post-processing shaders.

3D remakes of both Final Fantasy III and IV have been released for DS, PC, iOS, and Android devices.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-15 01:09:26 by Mirrorman95 »

TerriblyGrimm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-12-15 09:41:20 »
I've been looking around in the files and would love to start working on creating a texture pack for the game
and am currently in the work of compiling a higher quality soundtrack for FF3 PC

Ovcorse square have done their favorite thing and created all the data archives with strange extensions from some faraway galaxy c'''x

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2014-12-15 11:41:50 »
That is wonderful! looking forward to trying this mod!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-12-16 09:48:57 »
I've been looking around in the files and would love to start working on creating a texture pack for the game
and am currently in the work of compiling a higher quality soundtrack for FF3 PC

Ovcorse square have done their favorite thing and created all the data archives with strange extensions from some faraway galaxy c'''x

Are you referring to Final Fantasy 3 or Final Fantasy 6(Tera,Kefka,etc.)? Either way awesome work man!

TerriblyGrimm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-12-16 13:05:28 »
Are you referring to Final Fantasy 3 or Final Fantasy 6(Tera,Kefka,etc.)? Either way awesome work man!

FF3 PC port of FF3 DS not the SNES FF3/6

I should note that by looking around in the files i mean just looking at them and by general understanding of how FF game design is done figuring out which files most likely do what, and i think i have a good idea how it's archives work in that respect.

However i have absolutly no knowledge in coding so i cannot decode them,
maybe someone could make a field editor like Deling so we can view what the internal design of the archives is like,
and perhaps a tool similar to Tonberry so we could create texture replacements in 4 x Upscale with handdrawn textures
( this is what i would like to begin doing as i have Photoshop CS6 )

So far I am compiling a list of every version of FF3 songs available and using audio editing software to loop, re-render and recompile a replacement soundtrack for the game.