Author Topic: [PSX/PC] File Reconstruction Project!!  (Read 95875 times)

Eslava

• View Profile
Re: FF7 File Reconstruction Project!!
« Reply #25 on: 2009-08-25 18:21:48 »
sooo back to the topic, do you mind if i create a separate sheet for battle.lgp only? since it's quite important and it has a huge amount of files that would make difficult viewing comfortably the other lgps. something similar happens with magic and char although magic is not that big... Also do you like separate sheets for lgps or all-in-one sheet for pc? i created different ones just for make it easier to scroll on the files.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 2009-08-25 21:00:00 »
Sure

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-08-26 19:18:19 »
Alright let the transfer begin, i made backups of the sheet just in case it cant handle the amount of data, my pc almost dies while processing 11k words XD lets hope google docs is powerful

EDIT: Whew had to restart the browser a couple of times but its all in! All is left now is char.lgp and i think pc is complete (without descriptions but complete in a way ^^) You will see some names have a dot before them and other slots will be blank, sorry couldnt help with that, the other files i transferred i cleaned them by hand but this one is too much ^^' maybe when i have more time.

EDIT2: Char.lgp done, i guess theres nothing left than filling the information  :-D same as battle, there are names with dots and sloths blank

EDIT3:Whoops seems like I've messed up some names because of my spanish version, files like schocobo sflevel and such the original english is without the S right? sorry now the file is not in alphabetical order... I will try to fix that, thanks for the one who pointed that out in the sheet.

EDIT4:fixed that problem, now everything is alphabetically ordered, while checking the file I saw some files had at the end _SP I think that its the same problem, can anyone confirm how these files are written in the english version?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-28 11:29:01 by Eslava »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #28 on: 2009-08-29 06:40:58 »
Edit:Whoops seems like I've messed up some names because of my spanish version, files like schocobo sflevel and such the original english is without the S right? sorry now the file is not in alphabetical order... I will try to fix that, thanks for the one who pointed that out in the sheet.

no problem :), i  have also started a rough fill in of battle.lgp. i plan to get a good chunk of it filled in roughly hopefully by the end of the weekend. also noticed some extra .  here and there along w/ blank lines (fixing them as a parse through battle.lgp)

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-08-29 11:56:02 »
Edit:Whoops seems like I've messed up some names because of my spanish version, files like schocobo sflevel and such the original english is without the S right? sorry now the file is not in alphabetical order... I will try to fix that, thanks for the one who pointed that out in the sheet.

no problem :), i  have also started a rough fill in of battle.lgp. i plan to get a good chunk of it filled in roughly hopefully by the end of the weekend. also noticed some extra .  here and there along w/ blank lines (fixing them as a parse through battle.lgp)

Nice, as I've said before the order and the spanish edition names are fixed, the only thing is the dots and blanks, please if you come across any try to get rid of them  :lol:
Also i need someone to confirm what are the names of the lpgs in the english version that in the sheet I wrote with NAME_SP I guess the sp is for spanish so i have to change that.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #30 on: 2009-08-29 15:29:52 »
will do.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #31 on: 2009-08-30 15:18:55 »
i have been attempting to fill in pc file info, if anyone has info or good links to info related to them. please post . i am currently working with biturn in battle.lgp's files.
 @Eslava i once again have a default install,to work from.

also i will be hosting pics of each model,tex,etc.(to be linked to sheets)  if any one has these pics, or would like to help gather them  (png prefered). Please pm me as this will take a while to make the files.

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-08-30 21:50:17 »
Nice man, I'm starting exams now so i wont be of much help but when i finish ill throw you a bunch of pics ;)

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #33 on: 2009-09-01 18:09:10 »
i have been working hard filling the enemys data on psx and pc battle.lgp. I hope I have done a good job.

If you need anything PM me guys.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-01 18:24:50 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-09-01 20:06:02 »
You did a great job vegeta, now lets make the pc version catch up!  :-D sithlord leave something for us! you're way too fast XD

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #35 on: 2009-09-02 14:55:29 »
got all the dups and empty lines out of battle.lgp and set up all my links for the pics ,almost all texture files(files ending in ac-al up to p***) are on the server, links need to be checked and working ones need to be turned blue, but i gives me something to do @ work :)

any one know of a quicker way to get model to a png?  currently i use biturn and take snapshots of the model, with a program that allows for a section of the screen to be saved as a picture, it works good but not fast, textures are way faster cause i can just convert them to .png w/ biturn.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-09-08 18:04:36 »
Just added info for all the textures i know what they do so far in magic.lgp

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-09-11 14:47:38 »
Magic.lgp is updated with the folder layout, thanks to sl1982 for pointing that out.
If someone knows what some strange files do please fill them for example chocobo.wat, also why does magic.lgp have files outside the folders? and why the folders path point to battle.lgp folder?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #38 on: 2009-09-14 22:24:57 »
magic.lgp does have files as well as the battle folder (with more stuff in it...)

i have made a text file of the file in it can be viewed @ http://dopplereffect.shacknet.nu/magic.lgp.txt

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-10-07 21:08:40 »
any chance of making this a stickied topic?

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #40 on: 2009-10-08 02:56:56 »
I didn't want to seem presumptuous :)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-10-08 21:37:52 »
Nothing wrong with acknowleding your own good ideas :D

check out the Team Avalanche 2d/3d Reconstruction Project everyone!

lee

*just added another 10-15 texture to the world.lgp*
« Last Edit: 2009-10-08 22:10:56 by pyrozen »

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #42 on: 2009-10-14 06:48:08 »
Dumb question, but has this project been useful to anyone?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-10-14 06:54:53 »
Not for me as of yet due to the fact that it was not complete. So I needed to find what I needed myself. It should be a help for future modders though.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #44 on: 2009-10-14 13:24:34 »
I've found it interesting. I can see why some things don't show up too (and not because I'm just a bad programmer).

EDIT:
I just used it to find an enemy I've never seen before! O_O
I don't think I ever encountered the Killbin enemy from the Whirlwind maze. According to Terrence, it only shows up in one screen and has a 10/64 chance of showing up.

I've noticed that a lot of the ones that are giving errors are single poly models. I think the animations are different in these cases because they're giving me errors too. I'm not using kimera to identify them. I'm using something I'm working on that I'm code-naming "Tiny Bronco" for now.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-14 20:33:48 by NFITC1 »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-10-14 19:35:00 »
Not for me as of yet due to the fact that it was not complete. So I needed to find what I needed myself. It should be a help for future modders though.
i agree.  for those of us filling in the document, most of this is uncharted(or undocumented) water.  I completely agree that it will be a huge help to the future of FF7 modding.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #46 on: 2009-10-15 14:05:48 »
Did you take it down? The link doesn't work for me now.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #47 on: 2009-10-24 15:55:29 »
been away a little while (new job/very busy). i am back although only slowly working on the remaining pictures for battle.lgp now.. (check the sheet), might be a few more weeks before i clear enuff of the what i have to get done to get back to serious work on this project. that being said,

if someone would like to do some of the pics(look at all the red links), please pm me so they we don't dup work (pics should be saved as .png named according to file there of), i will still host the pictures just pm me when done and i will get them from you. this help would be a HUGE help towards finishing battle.lgp, just about all that remains in that part of the sheet.

@NFITC1, the sheet is still up and link on first page works just  fine.
@Halkun, i second sticky.
@all contrubutiors, thank you all for your work on the sheet, no one person could do this alone, it would take forever.

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #48 on: 2009-11-08 12:29:49 »
Someone mess up the psx table :x, i'm trying to fix it up...

Fix it.

Now waiting access permission.

halkun please login google spreadsheets, and moderate the users that are working in this project.

i think you can designate mods in spreadsheets to help you out.

« Last Edit: 2009-11-08 15:14:02 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-11-08 17:57:09 »
Yeah or at least make it that only people logged in can edit because the one who messed up wasnt logged, and thus i cant check who it was in the changes log.