Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221916 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
[PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP
« on: 2005-12-31 00:38:59 »
What it is and what it does?
YAMP is a multi-patcher which can be used to apply my (dziugo's) patches to your version of FF7. By default, it'll take the ff7.exe file, make a backup of it (backup_ff7.exe) and produce the output file named ff7.exe (no need to rename anything to get those patches to work). If there already is a backup file, the ff7.exe WILL BE DELETED and the backup will be patched. If you only want some of the patches to be applied, delete/change extension/move those you don't want to use. Patches are stored in "patches\" directory and only there will be looked for. If your FF7 path is:
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\then patches should be in:
C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\patches\Don't make another subdirectory there, as it will not work.

Usage:
Download YAMP and patches you want to apply, unpack them and copy to your FF7 folder.

Configure the patches if needed (see below) and (when done) run install.bat. If everything went good, you can launch FF7 and check how it works. If there is an error message you don't understand, post it here.

Configuration:
Each patch file (*.srb - skerb file) comes with a config file. It's name is the name of patch file, but with a different extension (.txt). Beware: If any of those files is missing, the patch won't be applied. For some patches (MGP, 9999LimitBreaking and Gypt) there is a possibility to configure some things. For example:

Changing default framerate for minigames:
Open "HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix.txt" with a notepad and find the lines:
set snowboard_speed=25
set highway_speed=25
Change 25 to anything you want :) (higher = faster) Note, it's a decimal value not a hexadecimal.

Changing default hp/mp cap:
What about changing the damage that a monster (weapon? :D) can do to you?
Open "9999LimitBreaking.txt" with a notepad and find line:
set amount_monsterdmghp=30000
Change that 30000 to anything (well... don't use values which are greater than 30000) you want (1 is a nice value, isn't it?).

If there is nothing to configure, you'll see something like this:

Listen to your notepad, move along :P.

Basically:
If there is a line which starts with "set " and the extension of the file is *.txt it means, that it's a configurable variable.

Patches:
 - MiniGamesPatch - The very first and the most useful one... It updates the code with a simple frame limiter for the Highway, Snowboard, RollerCoaster minigames and the BattleSwirl. Will apply a little bug fix also, so the Snowboard game won't crash so often. A fix for the BattleSwirlCrash now included. Previous version can be found here, but I don't recommend using it - it lacks most of these fixes.
 - TransparentDialogBoxesPatch - Will make the dialog boxes transparent.
 - NoDialogBoxesPatch - Will make the dialog boxes vanish (will overwrite the TransparentDialogBoxesPatch). For those 2 patches, info here.
 - 9999LimitBreakingPatch - Removes the cap for HP/MP/Damage in your FF7. Normal version here (outdated).
 - Gypt - Allows you to skip FMVs when playing FF7. Previous version (with different approach) here. Readme for the YAMP version here and a little bit of explanation about how to use it here.
 - LuckyTifa - Tifa will always get "Yeah!" in her limit break. Some info here and here.
 - LuckyCaitSith - Allows you to manipulate CaitSith's TheSlotsLimitBreak. More info here.
 - AlwaysRun - The main char will run in field by default - press and hold <CANCEL> to walk. Origins here. discontinued

Download links:

YAMP
MiniGamesPatch
TransparentDialogBoxesPatch
NoDialogBoxesPatch
9999LimitBreakingPatch
Gypt
LuckyTifa
LuckyCaitSith
AlwaysRun discontinued

Any suggestions/questions? Post them here.

dziugo

Edit: 2020-03-19 updated links

Mod Edit (SB): Added release tag.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-19 20:13:45 by dziugo »

-gone away-

• View Profile
Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-31 03:01:54 »
Nice work, keep up the good stuff.  :D

I'll have part one of a mod which should make good use of your 9999LimitBreakingPatch soon (I hope, its all rather slow to change every value). Basically each monster is asigned a new lvl and then thier stats are scaled accordinly to what their level should be. This way creatures that are already high level(e.g. tonberry / vlad) dont get changed but creatures that desperately need better stats e.g. north cave creatures get anything from 1.1 * stat to 2.5 * stat increase which is pretty significant. Unfortuantly there is a downfall in which midgar due to the fact that so many of the creatures appear there (about a quarter of them) will take much longer to get through and you will be about lvl25 i think before you get out of there.

Anyway i look forward to seeing creatures dishing out 15000 worth of fire elemental damage.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-31 10:16:26 »
Quote from: smithie
Unfortuantly there is a downfall in which midgar due to the fact that so many of the creatures appear there (about a quarter of them) will take much longer to get through and you will be about lvl25 i think before you get out of there.
What about adding new monsters? They will share the same animation, but will have different stats (because of different record in scene.bin). No collisions that way.

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-01 02:02:01 »
I might just down them a few levels so they dont damage the players too much.

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-04 03:35:51 »
Is there anyway to manipulate the amount of damage that one character can take or give? I'm talking about teammates in this case, not monsters. For example, setting the maximim damage that can be received by Cid (or character in the 3rd position in battle mode or something like that).

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-04 12:35:25 »
Quote from: Tsukiyomi
Is there anyway to manipulate the amount of damage that one character can take
Not directly. You can change the amount of damage made by mosters/chars.
Quote from: Tsukiyomi
or give
Yes, change this line
set amount_chardmghp=30000to anything you want (file: 9999LimitBreaking.txt). This will affect all chars, as there is no way to customize amount of dmg made by single char.

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-01-05 00:03:52 »
Hehe, your patch works very well. I finally managed to get someones savegave near the end and test out a few things.

4x cut on cloud + ultimate weapon + lots of hpplus = four hits at 30000 damage each. Not even knights of the round can match that as clouds weapon does damage equal to his hp.

KOTR max dmg = 99990

Above Max Dmg = 120000 :wicked:

I managed to kill a master tonberry with 3x its normal hp(133332) in just a few moves. It was also nice to see an iron man dish out 10000+ damage.

Unfortuanly i did notice a bug which may be caused by either your patch or the hi-res patch, after killing jenova the game crashed instantly... well not the usually type of crash, but just stalled with a black screen. It may just be a one off thing.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-01-05 00:09:58 »
I managed to kill a master tonberry with 3x its normal hp(133332) in just a few moves. It was also nice to see an iron man dish out 10000+ damage.
Sounds like fun :D
Unfortuanly i did notice a bug which may be caused by either your patch or the hi-res patch, after killing jenova the game crashed instantly... well not the usually type of crash, but just stalled with a black screen. It may just be a one off thing.
Hmm... Can I get your save-game and ff7.exe?

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-01-05 07:37:38 »
I'll upload the files later on, i tried before but my dad kept bitching about me using all the bandwidth while he was playing counter-strike. Go Figure.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-01-05 09:18:43 »
I'll upload the files later on, i tried before but my dad kept bitching about me using all the bandwidth while he was playing counter-strike. Go Figure.
Heh... Ever played CS together? Who is better? :P

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-01-05 11:48:00 »
I'm better by far, even my youngest brother (13 ....... i think, im about 7 years older than him.) can beat him.

I used to play often on modem until everyone got dsl and left me behind. now im just not interested in those sort of game's, with the exception of the odd lan war between the family in UT2004.

Anybody can tell when my dad's playing cs because when you get within 50 feet of the house you can hear the swearing.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-01-05 12:55:11 »
sounds like me.
I kinda lost interest in CS when CS:Source came out
But someone got me playing CS1.6 again and I really want to get back into it.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-01-05 14:12:53 »
I used to go excellent with the shotgun in it, i gave the game a go the other day and people still dont understand just powerful the thing is. you can even snipe with it which if funny because then every one accuses you of hacking.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-02-14 12:44:25 »
Another patch added. It's a YAMP version of Gypt. See the first post in this thread for the download link.

Basic usage:

It is applied to your ff7.exe just like the other patches, and doesn't require any kind of additional program to be run after patching. It allows you to skip FMV with a combination of keys (default: Ctrl+S). If the screen is black after that, you can:
 - Enter Menu and leave it immediately
 - Use another hotkey to turn on the lights (default: Ctrl+D)

It also can be used even if you don't have TrueMotion2.0 codec installed.

Additional info:

- I've added some NULL-pointer checking so it will not crash (hopefully :roll:).

- I've rewritten the Hotkey parsing a little bit so now it requires Ctrl+<Key> to be pressed simultaneously (previously you could press Ctrl, release it and then press 'Q' after some time and it still called the Quit dialog).

- You can change the Hotkeys to anything you want (well... if Ctrl+<Key> is what you want :P). There are 3 switches in this patch which can be configured (check "GyptInstant.txt" in your "patches\" directory):
set skip=83Hotkey used to skip FMV. By default it is set to: S (so the hotkey is Ctrl+S)
set lights=68Hotkey used to trun the lights on. By default it is set to: D (hotkey: Ctrl+D)
set quit=81Hotkey used to call the Quit dialog. By default it is set to: Q (Ctrl+Q)
Check this if you want to change the default settings.

- As always, I've written it to be as flexible as possible, so it should work with non-english versions of FF7. If it doesn't, gimme a shout.

If it doesn't work:
It's been written for those people who suffer from CosmoCanyon-like crashes and should work. If it doesn't - try previous version of gypt or PM me, I'll investigate your problem.

dziugo

Winter

« Reply #14 on: 2006-02-14 14:42:56 »
Czego to Polacy nie zrobiÄ…, witaj ziomku z Polski  8)

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-02-14 15:23:56 »
Witaj :wink:

Winter

« Reply #16 on: 2006-02-14 19:31:49 »
Great work.
The patches seem to work well :-)

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-02-15 07:49:35 »
Quote from: The Skillster
sounds like me.
I kinda lost interest in CS when CS:Source came out
But someone got me playing CS1.6 again and I really want to get back into it.

I played the game for 3 years, even was on CPL once (we didnt win but who cares, we were there 8)) but when source came a lot of players went to source or WoW (which i dont like personally) sooooo... i stopped playing it >.>

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-02-15 22:41:42 »
Hey dziugo, how do you install the patch's without the transparent dialog boxes.

Also can that other patch be used to skip any FMV, because im sick of waiting for the startup movie each time i want to test something out.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-02-16 02:41:46 »
Couln't you just rename something to the same one, and make it blank?
Ex: startup.mpg
new text document.txt --> startup.mpg
Not sure, I lost my CDs again....
If only I had a burner....

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-02-16 07:14:50 »
Quote from: Midgar
Couln't you just rename something to the same one, and make it blank?
Ex: startup.mpg
new text document.txt --> startup.mpg
Not sure, I lost my CDs again....
If only I had a burner....

Maybe the movies require a set size :o

btw Midgar, nice to see your avatar growing :D

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-02-16 07:47:11 »
Hey dziugo, how do you install the patch's without the transparent dialog boxes.
Download YAMP and only those patches you want to apply.
Also can that other patch be used to skip any FMV, because im sick of waiting for the startup movie each time i want to test something out.
Yes, but it's not its real purpose :P When the FMV starts, press Ctrl+S. If the screen turns black, press Ctrl+D. Should work.

dziugo

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-02-16 08:34:34 »
Download YAMP and only those patches you want to apply.

didn't notice you had changed the links, last time i downloaded from the yamp&patchs link & then removed the ones i didn't want installed... but that didnt work for some reason.

Yes, but it's not its real purpose  When the FMV starts, press Ctrl+S. If the screen turns black, press Ctrl+D. Should work.

Eh, that's good enough for me.  :D

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006-02-16 21:53:56 »
something useful would be a mp limit break

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006-02-16 21:58:43 »
Quote from: Munemasa
something useful would be a mp limit break