Author Topic: STR, XA, FF7STR??  (Read 18419 times)

Dasaan

Re: STR, XA, FF7STR??
« Reply #25 on: 2007-02-15 17:50:49 »
I've created an iso from my original disc 1 and can now mount it and access the files on it.

What I want to know though is how to point q-gears at it. I tried mounting the iso on a
mountpoint called ~/ff7/data and have placed a copy of config.ini at ~/ff7. I then tried
starting q-gears from within ~/ff7 but I keep getting files not found errors in game.log
as you can see below:

<snip to relevant section>
[18:37:55] File data/splash.bmp failed to open.
[18:37:55] Can't load texture.
[18:37:55] Set SDL input handler.
[18:37:55] Init game filesystem.
[18:37:55] Game filesystem inited.
[18:37:55] Init kernel.
[18:37:55] KERNEL: Init game base graphics.
[18:37:55] Loading file: INIT/WINDOW.BIN
[18:37:55] Can't open file INIT/WINDOW.BIN
[18:37:55] Can't open file INIT/WINDOW.BIN
[18:37:55] Warning: INIT/WINDOW.BIN not found!
[18:37:55] Warning: INIT/WINDOW.BIN isn't archive. number_of_files == 0

I've looked at the available docs, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Oh and before I completely forget I'm trying to get this running on a linux box :)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 2007-02-15 18:01:00 »
well, first Linux is case-sensitive. You should be running the executable in in the /output dir There is a /data directory there with the splash.bmp file it's looking for.

Dasaan

« Reply #27 on: 2007-02-15 18:37:40 »
Hmm, running from /output produces almost exactly the same output. the only difference is here:

[19:32:37] GLU Version: 1.3
[19:32:37] ERROR: header must be 40 bytes long. We not support os/2 12 bytes headers.    <----
[19:32:37] File data/splash.bmp failed to open.

Hmm, the case sensitive-ness of linux could explain the other files not being found... the files on the iso are all lowercase and q-gears is looking for uppercase :/

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-02-15 22:40:30 »
All ISO9660 TRUE images should return just upper case. They should have no lower case, that is an extension such as Rockridge or Joilet.  So the whatever software was being used was reading the information and converting it to the wrong names.  You will need to be careful of this because the original files are all in upper case as well. (As all PS1 games are supposed to be). Windows CD driver doesn't even change there case. So that should be a cue to be sure not too.
Also ALL ISO file names have a VERSION number as well.  So SCUS_941.63 is actually "SCUS_941.63;1" in the root directory. I don't believe directories have this naming convention.

Erstwhile, Akari, look at FIELD.BIN in \FIELD\ directory, it contains information pertaining to all the files in that directory. Aparently a short coming of the playstation bios is to account for the strange use of the CD and directories in playstation games.  From what has been said by the group who translated it to Italain, any more than 30-40 files in a directory and the normal CDROM bios routines behave unreliably.  This is why you see the FIELD.BIN file.  Unfortunately I don't have it's format (bleah), I have tried using the Q-gears LZS decoder (without success). I think I'll try the GZIP routines instead to find out what's in it next.

I'll also put more effort into adding the direct ISO image support into Q-gears.

Cyb

gigaherz

• View Profile
    • gigaherz's shitty stuff
« Reply #29 on: 2007-02-16 00:49:24 »
Yes field.bin is gzip. if you look with a hex editor, you will see "1F8B08000000..." at offset 8. That's the gzip "magic" numbers :P

I checked it: removed the first 8 bytes of the file and saved it as scene.gz, thne used winrar (gzip/gunzip should work too:P) to extract it to scene.dec

Looking at it shows what seem traces to what the original scripting language looked like (bits like if, lif, the opcode names, and others), and moch more! :P

EDIT: actually "and much more" I meant lots of data that while it seems to follow some structured pattern (so it could be one or more arrays of things) dont' have any apparent meaning (not even after adding 32 to each byte to check for ff7 strings).
« Last Edit: 2007-02-16 00:59:20 by gigaherz »

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-02-16 02:52:47 »
Wow.. you are right.. it is quite interesting.  Hmmm I'll look at the wiki to see if they match  Also I am going to see if I can corelate some of those numbers with ones for cheats in FF7. A series of those numbers look like PS1 memory space offsets.  They could be the engine break points or variable locations (either one is interesting).
I suggest you look at offset 0x0003A5B8 THAT is rather strange, it appears to be some sort of table.  Some look to be file sizes (some).  The table ends at 0x0003F0DC.  Then it begins with locations in the PS1 memory it looks like.

I guess that LBA table of files and there sizes on the disk might come in handy. Hmmm.

Cyb

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #31 on: 2007-02-16 17:33:23 »
That might be the master file lookup table when the CD was mastered and points to where the files are loctaed. That might be the key to remastering a new ISO if you wanted to.

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-02-19 13:02:40 »
Back to topic:
I cleaned up my code related to decode and play movies. Now I want to add it to q-gears. I have created new module in testscreen (not in SVN yet). Already wrote player using sdl-output.
Now I have a question: is there any methods in q-gears I can use to output movie frames onto main window? (in sdl I have used SDL_Surface & BitBlit it to root surface). Spend many time yesterday to do this, got successfull output directly through sdl in my screentest module, but after finish playing movie I have got corrupted graphics (there was not any text in menus and some other things).