Author Topic: [FF8 Steam] Roads animating?  (Read 4615 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
[FF8 Steam] Roads animating?
« on: 2015-11-09 00:36:08 »
Can someone tell me what this means?

Does this mean that the world map is always scrolling 6 frames of animation for certain objects? (roads, ocean, etc)

https://youtu.be/Iqp5GDHDXlw

Halfer

• View Profile
Re: [FF8 Steam] Roads animating?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-09 10:49:24 »
What values did you change?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-09 17:04:02 »
What values did you change?

I'm using tonberry and trying to replace the textures.  When I used hashcodes, it only replaces one of the 'frames' and the roads animate.  When I use an objmap code to hash it, the animations go away.

Just wondering wtf is happening.  It actually has given me huge clues as to how the ocean animates and how many textures I actually need of it.

Does anyone know where the ocean tim is located??

Halfer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-09 17:13:14 »
I'm not completely familiar with tonberry's hashing system, but here's what I know, hope it helps.

The animation data for ocean is located on the same texture page as road textures, this is probably also the reason why you got animation to your roads IF you tried to "scale" it over animation data (again, not very familiar how tonberry works.

Ocean's tim texture is located in wmset.obj and in wmsetXX.obj files. The reason why it isn't in texl.obj is probably because the animation data may be done for 128x128 sized textures and all the textures in texl.obj are in 256x256 format. This also means that ocean textures are in 128x128 tim, but luckily I can do some magic with the exporter/importer and "upscale" textures through texture coordinates and later through geometry editing.

« Last Edit: 2015-11-09 17:16:17 by Halfer »

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-11-09 17:39:22 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #5 on: 2015-11-10 18:56:43 »
Section 38 of wmsetus file:
http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF8/WorldMap_wmsetxx#Section_38:_World_map_textures_archive

Thanks!  Thanks to you guys, I was pulling textures out of TimViewer from wmsetus and texl files all night... lol.

I now have all vehicles, roads/rails, the ocean textures, and all original worldmap textures and effects (low and high) - the last of which I had lost with my old HD crash.
::maniacal laughter:: Working on Balamb upscale and the rest of the roads right now.  Also found a bunch of textures I was missing in my mods.  Wish me luck :)

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-13 20:36:42 »
Thanks!  Thanks to you guys, I was pulling textures out of TimViewer from wmsetus and texl files all night... lol.

I now have all vehicles, roads/rails, the ocean textures, and all original worldmap textures and effects (low and high) - the last of which I had lost with my old HD crash.
::maniacal laughter:: Working on Balamb upscale and the rest of the roads right now.  Also found a bunch of textures I was missing in my mods.  Wish me luck :)

Love all your mods, looking forward to the new ones!