Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Battle Scene Reconstruction  (Read 103909 times)

Knil

• The Knildragon!
    • View Profile
Re: *OFFICAL* Battle Scene Reconstruction
« Reply #100 on: 2010-12-11 02:40:18 »
I'll see what I can do. I have no idea how to even put this into the game so this may take some time. I was hoping I could pass my work off to someone else and allow them to handle that area. IS 2048 x 2048 too big? Should I keep it at 512 x 512?

Update 2- I thought I would change my image up. I'm gonna head to bed for tonight but ill be sure to try and test this stuff out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-11 19:29:53 by Knil »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010-12-11 03:40:44 »
2048 is actually just fine for battle floors, given they cover a very large plane, and are very zoomed in upon. It's hard to say how the varied brick pattern would look ingame, i'll try n give it a whirl tmrw. long and short of inserting it - check the applog to see that the actual name of the texture is in battle, and rename the texture to that, inserting it into the modpath folder.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010-12-11 06:11:12 »
The name of the texture is STAGE29_T00_00.png

UPD: delete the frame around the tiles, cause the texture is mirrored 4 times
« Last Edit: 2010-12-11 14:25:27 by felix_leonhart »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010-12-12 16:35:33 »
here's  a preview of what i've been working on lately. School is out until January, and i have the last week of December off at work(w/ pay ;-) ) Still needs some work, and this scene has some odd clipping, notice the black areas under the map. Not sure if i can fix this because it seems to be the actually field model that is wierd. The original appears that way as well.

The scene is nearly finished, though the odd rock trees in the background need a bit more work. If i can get on a tear i should be able to knock a bunch of the organic scenes out quickly, but im not as good at industrial textures.

lee

*edit* scene is finished. I dumped the odd rock formations in favor for another mountain range and it looks great.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-12 16:45:05 by pyrozen »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010-12-12 17:17:17 »
You can delete the surrounding tiles in the .p editor portion of kimera, and just stretch the very middle ones out so that they fill the battle area.  That will get rid of the baked on lighting.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010-12-12 17:57:08 »
You can delete the surrounding tiles in the .p editor portion of kimera, and just stretch the very middle ones out so that they fill the battle area.  That will get rid of the baked on lighting.

thanks for that, i did not know it was that easy to remove. Any idea on what could be done to replace the missing areas in the background? If you notice the skybox does not descend all the way below your viewpoint, and there are missing polies under the roadway that you can see right through.

lee

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010-12-13 00:45:13 »
I always find a bit weird the transition from the walls/montains to the ground as they don't comply so much.
Can't you make some kind of gradient from the montain color to the ground color, to somehow recreate the dirt on the rocks near the ground?

It's just a bit weird that it's so clean near the ground, there's always dust and wind, so the montains near the ground should be somewhat the color of the ground.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010-12-13 05:12:59 »

thanks for that, i did not know it was that easy to remove. Any idea on what could be done to replace the missing areas in the background? If you notice the skybox does not descend all the way below your viewpoint, and there are missing polies under the roadway that you can see right through.

lee
Sorry, I only messed around with the battle scenes a very, very little bit.  I do know the .p editor has a function to create polies, but I've never really used it...

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010-12-13 10:01:14 »
I always find a bit weird the transition from the walls/montains to the ground as they don't comply so much.
Can't you make some kind of gradient from the montain color to the ground color, to somehow recreate the dirt on the rocks near the ground?

It's just a bit weird that it's so clean near the ground, there's always dust and wind, so the montains near the ground should be somewhat the color of the ground.

there actually is a gradient, but i needed to extend it upwards some more. The mountains you can't see in the picture look fine, but the ones displayed have very little gradient.

lee

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010-12-13 15:22:17 »

I find myself practically always sharing Nighmarish's views on the new battle scenes. So I just need to thank him for putting words to my own thoughts as well!  ;)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010-12-31 13:36:57 »
Holy Moses! You guys have been busy during my absence! What GREAT work! I need to get cracking.

Unfortunately I have been incarcerated in the county jail for the past 3 months, so thats why I was MIA. I just got home today, so give me a little time to get my life in order and Ill jump back in headfirst.(Although my skills leave a lot to be desired :P)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010-12-31 14:51:30 »
welcome back jeff, i was wondering  where you had disappeared too

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010-12-31 21:20:50 »
jeffdamann, your work inspired me to join this project^^

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2011-01-12 23:54:35 »
Well its been nearly 2 weeks since Ive gotten back, thinking about firing up cs5...

Who's with me? Im sure I can knock something out fairly soon.I think Ill do the PA series.

Well crap... For some reason cs5 refuses to open pngs now. It just says "Could not complete your request because this is the wrong type of document". Curiously, It wont save as a png either, there is no option. I looked around.. cant fix the problem, wasnt really much info out there, everything just said that it should be able to, now Im worried about this until I get it fixed. Wanted to do the highway tonight :(
« Last Edit: 2011-01-13 04:04:19 by jeffdamann »

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2011-01-13 05:06:25 »
Use "Save for Web" option. There you can choose PNG-24=)
Currently doing "oz". After the exams I'll do "oy"
« Last Edit: 2011-01-13 05:14:29 by felix_leonhart »

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2011-01-13 17:46:45 »
Save for web devices wont do anything, its grayed out. I still cant open pngs either. Im not gonna use a separate program just to recompress, so Im gonna try to re-install or something.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2011-01-13 19:39:47 »
I started school again, so my time is full right now. I've gone back to the WMRP and demanded that i do one texture a week so i can at least slowly move towards 100% completion. Been averaging around 2 i would say, and there are only around 80 left to be done, most of which i can't even find on the world map.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2011-01-13 20:16:54 »
Save for web devices wont do anything, its grayed out. I still cant open pngs either. Im not gonna use a separate program just to recompress, so Im gonna try to re-install or something.

Strange....

I started school again, so my time is full right now. I've gone back to the WMRP and demanded that i do one texture a week so i can at least slowly move towards 100% completion. Been averaging around 2 i would say, and there are only around 80 left to be done, most of which i can't even find on the world map.

What's the progress with Mt. Nibel?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2011-01-13 20:46:03 »
still where it was earlier. The ground textures look good but im not satisfied with the sky in the least. I can send em over if you want to complete it.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2011-01-15 07:14:21 »
Ok, send it over. Can you send the game save  too?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2011-01-16 14:08:56 »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtctlvaqkxkowb2/nibel.rar

i dont have  the save file anymore, but the battle is on the scene when you first enter mount nibel. Easiest way to get there is to run through the town and enter the mountain. The battle further in use a different scene.

lee

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #121 on: 2011-01-16 16:38:08 »
you guys can "warp" to locations. w/ black chocobo if the location is not in there its ok just load the a save where you want to warp and note the map id , loc id and x,y,z (also name) any ones you guys find ill add to the table.

below is a link to a ss to show u what im talking about
http://img816.imageshack.us/f/saveloc.png/

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2011-01-22 11:20:29 »
Final version of Mt.Nibel :)

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2011-01-23 01:05:31 »
That looks fantastic felix!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2011-01-24 05:01:58 »
The final version is a definite improvement over the first attempt! Keep it up!