Author Topic: Importing animations  (Read 4039 times)

Xelane

• View Profile
Importing animations
« on: 2009-07-28 00:39:47 »
To anyone who would know anything technical about this: is it possible to create or import animations from other games?

I don't mean character animations, more like spells, limits, or skills.
This is more of a question to understand the game than it is me wanting to try to do it.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Importing animations
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-28 01:33:42 »
on that note while anybody figures it out would it be possible to make custom animations for ff7? :P

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-28 01:44:16 »
To anyone who would know anything technical about this: is it possible to create or import animations from other games?

I don't mean character animations, more like spells, limits, or skills.
This is more of a question to understand the game than it is me wanting to try to do it.
Yes, you would simply have to find the correct sprite (for all the sparkles) or model (for effects like ice or quake) and put something in its place.
on that note while anybody figures it out would it be possible to make custom animations for ff7? :P
Also possible (in the future).  Where and how the bones work is clearly figured out and animations can be displayed.  So... eventually it would be possible in the right persons hands

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-28 01:52:25 »
Alright well let's say i wanted to replace ultima in ff7 with the one from ff8,9, or 10

how would that work?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-28 01:58:59 »
his animations? in theory, get the animation file from ff8 (lets say) and convert it to ff7 anim format, then make sure all the objects that are his parts are each rigged to a bone... should be about it.. oh and redesignate each ff8 anim for which one to use at appropriate time. eg when he attacks for his physical attack in ff7 (does he have melee in ff7? 8 he has a sword.)